Masters Running

Saturday 12/1/18 (Read 39 times)

mrrun

KSA, I'm thinking a big bag or two of cat litter and some food would be a great gift for my son and his wife. They have two cats and as long as they're around, I'll probably never get grandkids.  (hey, that's ok, I'm not in any hurry, but still)

bioguy

• We came down to Chincoteague to check on our second home Friday after work. Ran 6 today, but spent much of the day tying to fix our clothes dryer. The power button wouldn’t depress. Got the front off and found this tiny plastic mounting for it was broken. Tried to glue it back and I’ll put it all back together and see if it holds. 
      • Tailwinds!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Jay lives down in the suburbs of Massachusetts. 

That's funny.

However, somehow, Anchorage is not funny.

Don Shirley's real life family has criticized it as "full of lies."

Listening to family members being interviewed on NPR last week

kind of ruined it for me wanting to see it so no threat of having

to sit down in a movie theater so far this century.

DNiece did a great job last night in "The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime."

Lot of mileage being gotten all-over-the-place

for 2018 being the Chinese Year of the Dog

I can manage to do the quote from a previous thread but it is not an elegant solution. I quote in the original thread and then cut and paste into a reply on the current thread. Can build multiple quotes in a similar fashion. Would welcome a simpler way.

Me too, with the big problem being quoting from a prior day's topic and the forgetting to paste it over to the current day's thread so, all-of-a-sudden, it looks like there's a belated post for yesterday that, even if you delete the content, the post remains as if someone was posting yesterday again.

I still haven’t figured out how to get photos to appear, though.

Me too.

But, if I could, I would post how foggy

it was on the two (2+2) miles each

RT's up/down to the Rattlesnake Ledges

with 42 other hikers the first time

and 95 the second time, including five

true trail runners, 30+ dogs, a half-dozen

kids, a couple carrying the 2-mo old

in a chest hugger and others

even older than me.

10:30 am photo, . . . if it works.

h

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Okay--now, tet's just showing off.

I went 6 miles then went Christmas shopping.  It was a waste of time...the Christmas shopping, not the 6 miles.  Now, it's snowing...and I'm having a beer.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Okay--now, tet's just showing off.

I am not

I went 6 miles

good job on the run

then went Christmas shopping.

good job on the shopping

See ya!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Yes you can do some pretty fancy things with cut and paste, especially if you are willing to work with the HTML code via the <> icon. But I am typing this on a phone so, not a chance!

I miss having cats. I really want to get a pair of Maine Coons. DW will not let us have any pets. 

I did an hour TM walk. Hey, better than nothing. I also found my pair of On sneakers. I will see if my PT thinks they do what she wants them to do. I am not that hot on getting Hokas

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

BTY

BTY, what size is your pool?

I swim in the local High School's "Natatorium" which has a 25-yard long, 6-lane wide pool that replaced the pool we had in a different part of the school when I went there many years ago.  We called ours a "pool".  Smile

I swam competitively as a little kid (age group swimming) and should have stuck with it, but instead decided I wanted to be a shot putter and discus thrower, for which I was not appropriately built, and at which I never became very competitive until I competed in the New York "Empire State Games" for Masters, which had the plug pulled about 10 years ago.  So 42 years after hanging my Speedo up for the last time, I'm back splashing around and trying to put the potential energy named "regret" to work so that in a year or two I can hold my own in statewide competition.  While the ESG's are done for, there are still the Senior Games which include swimming, and are part of the national competition - but I'm not going to kid myself into thinking I can compete at that level.

Joe618

Erika (and others)-- to quote from multiple posts, I just open a duplicate RA tab where I pull the quotes and paste into the original tab, where I'm writing.  There's probably more than one way to do it. The actual code can be seen by clicking < > at the top of the screen when you're writing.

Thanks, Tramps...will try this.

I still haven’t figured out how to get photos to appear, though.

Yeah, I'm stumped by that too...I know you need a link from somewhere but the links I try don't work.

I didn't have to knock anyone over to get to the donuts and they were fabulous. 

Fresh donuts and discounts...nice, Karen.   Polite and astute of you!!!

In a break in the midwest rain today, I got out for 4+ miles, felt good.   Will be up very early for 16 before church tomorrow.   A nice relaxing  Saturday, to be sure.

Rock on.

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I know I can copy from FB and paste here, but apparently not using my phone. Otherwise you would have seen more Maggie pics.  Been too busy to fire up tablet to do so.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, very long drill day...not even time to lurk.  Did my PT test this morning at 0600.  Did 100 pushups in 56 seconds; 70 sit ups in just under a minute; and 10:00 on the 1.5 mile run.  Steady rain so we had to use the indoor track.  Doubt it slowed me that much (200m track) compared to my just doing significant speedwork only during the last month.  Anyway, my string of 100 point tests continue and since anything over 90 is an "excellent" I don't have to test for another year.  Now to ditch that last of this head cold (also didn't hurt me that much).

Have a greta night everyone!

Mariposai

Hey y'all, very long drill day...not even time to lurk.  D

Same here. My day was spent dealing with the crud plus working on my agencies budget for about 10 hours (this was my allocated weekend to work on the budget note to self...next year plan to work on the budget in October). It is impossible to get it done at the office with all the interruptions). Anyway...it was a fruitful day in all fronts. I even  had a  walk/run date with the EP. He ran 4.5 miles on the track, while I walk run 3.

Buenas noches mis amigos

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

I am not

Yes, yes you are.

Erika (and others)-- to quote from multiple posts, I just open a duplicate RA tab where I pull the quotes and paste into the original tab, where I'm writing.  There's probably more than one way to do it. The actual code can be seen by clicking < > at the top of the screen when you're writing.

Ha! Let's see how that works.

I ran 8.3 miles today, but my stupid Garmin wouldn't upload the run. I could get the data and split off the device though, so just manually loaded that. I'm really tired of the failings of these lower end Garmins. I need a new strap on my Vivoactive and then I'll go back to using that. Unfortunately, there's nothing about the Vivoactive (original) on the Garmin site so I'll have to call or chat with them. None of my other straps I have will fit it.