Masters Running

Sundaily, 5.6.18 (Read 42 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Saturday’s workouts and races:
    Tomwhite (40 min pool run with letters)
    Sees-the-Ground (6 miles at 12:01 pace)
    Quickadder (11 mile before the rain morning group run)
    C-R (Indy Half Marathon in great weather)
    RunnerKSA (4 TM miles, almost feeling normal)
    PFriese (5K race in 23:56 for 1 AG & 9 OA)
    Mariposai (pre-meet-up morning 5K race)
    Catwhoorg (7 miles & yard work cross-training)
    Holly (leg-loosening 2.2 morning miles)
    Evanflein (5K race in 25:39 for 1 AG)
    Mike (16 miles in warm 74° temps)
    Henrun (morning walk and 30 min of indoor cycling)
    Twocat (7 miles with improving hamstring)

Welcome, Sees-the-Ground. You are so close to your goal pace!

Great racing, PFriese, Evanflein, C-R, & Mariposai.  Congrats on the hardware, PFriese & Evanflein!

Terrific photo, C-R, and congrats on the new job.

Happy BIrthday, Tet! I hope you had a great celebration, race, & meet-up.

No workout for me yet - heading out soon.  8.25 EZ RW miles.

Have a greta Sunday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Did an hour on the elliptical. I woke up this morning and my hamstrings felt pretty good. Wish me luck, but I think I can start running regularly again starting next weekend.

My DW and I are looking into booking a hotel room for the Chicago marathon. I want to be near the start (I know, no kidding). Any suggestions for particularly good hotels in the area?

In case it slipped your mind, join the Rosie Ruiz Fan Club for this year's Reach the Beach Relay on September 14 and 15! We need you!!! We are not looking for speed. Just a group to throw a 30 hour party with in a couple of vans. So join today! Just send me a message via the RA messaging system and I will get back to you. If you have my regular email or prefer sending a Facebook personal message that is fine too. I can guarantee you will have a great time. That or you are clearly in need of psychiatric help!  Remember the sooner you sign up the less you pay!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

C-R

Thanks Jay.

Careful Karen but hope it's behind you.

Ran 8 miles with some friends on local trails. Wonderful morning and took a few minutes to watch the Big 10 Rowing championships which were being held on a lake we run in the park.

Now off to soccer. Have a wonderful Sunday.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

an amazing likeness

My DW and I are looking into booking a hotel room for the Chicago marathon. I want to be near the start (I know, no kidding). Any suggestions for particularly good hotels in the area?

Twocat -- there was a recent discussion in the main forums on hotels for the Chicago marathon, might have have some good info for you:

https://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/a096050baf3040f0a8c5f7960bfec7af/resume#focus

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Tramps

Big game tonight, huh, Tramps?

Yup. 

Be safe. Be kind.

5.3 miles on the nice path.  60 and sunny.  HR was high- have to get used to the warmer weather, I guess.  Leg did pretty well- just a little something there but getting better.  I seem to have lost a lot of conditioning with the lower mileage and slower pace because it felt really hard.  Glad to be out there, though! 

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

spacityrunner

5.7 early morning trail miles with some friends.  The best kind of run!

Trails Rock!

...tried a bikeride this morning.........

================

unfortunately

I was intercepted by an English Sheepdog puppy named ''Gregory''

Gregory

was so delighted to see me,

he herded me up the street whilst his owner kept trying to snag him

............I'm thinking HH at the Y..........

good Running to ya

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

pfriese

Beautiful weather here, perfect for an 11 mile run this morning which brings me to 40 miles for the week. Off to the PNW for a couple of weeks starting tomorrow to chauffeur the grandsons around while their parents are off in Tahiti on a cruise for their 25th anniversary. Hope to get some nice runs in while up there.

Paul

Quickadder

Excellent weather for another 11 mile run here too. Trails were in really good condition. Hopefully something similar when I run my first 50K on these trails in October.

On a narrower section of the trail I caught up to an elderly couple walking. They must not have heard my footsteps so when I called out “Passing on the left” I startled them. After I had passed them I realized that I was probably older than them!

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Love it being on Roger Banister day, at least since 1954.

Stickin’ with my 88-yo IM mentor who says he’s arranged a special lunch for me got me to the orange corral , and runnin’ down past Howard, Wall and Post Streets before I pooped out at the starting line and headed over to lunch. Posie - poke your head in Anthony’s, if time. Otherwise your DS and I are planning a DS1, DS2, me and you super-sprint triathlon in August!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

Happy Birthday Tetster!

Had a great weekend and it's only half over!

Leslie got here Friday afternoon, Carolyn arrived at the campground area by Saturday's race on Friday also. had a great day out there racing. Leslie and I ran the 30K, Carolyn ran the 50k and she was already out there running by the time Leslie and I arrived but our paths crossed out on the course, so we each ran with Carolyn for a bit.  Afterwards hung out for the after party and waited for 50Kers to come in. We all had a great day out there . 

here's the winner's circle

Image may contain: 3 people, including Rosemary Kendall and Leslie Ames, people smiling, people standing, tree, outdoor and nature

Tammy

Great picture!  Tell me who's who!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

evanflein

Carolyn (Wildchild) on the left, Tammy in the middle, Leslie (Fatozzig) on the right! Nicely done, ladies!! How was the day? Tammy, how was your leg?

Marathon Maniac #957

Great picture!  Tell me who's who!

Left to right - Carolyn (Wildchild), Tammy and Leslie (Fatozig) - all of whom I have had the immense pleasure of meeting at one race or another.  Well done, ladies!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."