Masters Running

Thursday OMG it's Almost Swimsuit Season! Weightloss Thread Week 5 (Read 268 times)

I figure since we're still talking bathing suits, keep the thread title alive.

Holly - Thanks for reposting the pic of Mr. Forward.  It's pics like that that help keep my screen clean!

139.8.  Don't know why I'm holding steady, but I'm not about to complain. It'll be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks as my mileage increases for my upcoming 50k in July.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I'm down 1lb from last week -- have 6 to go to goal!!

denise

Marathon Maniac #957

I'm up a lb this week, but we had a cookout/drinking event Sunday, plus holiday weekends always mean a bit of an overeat, so I expected that.

Leslie - will that be your first 50k?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Holly - No.  Last year was my first venture into the trail running ultra world.  I completed one (DFL), Forest Park in Portland, OR, and got pulled on another, SOB in Ashland, OR.  I'm going back to SOB for revenge.

Re "pulled" - I didn't make the cutoff time at the Mile 22 Aid Station.  I was 15 minutes too slow.  Yeah, that one ticked me off.  Although looking back, if I had been able to go on, those last 9 miles would've been the march of the dead 'cause I was way, way, way off on nutrition and hydration.  Live and learn.

Leslie
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

evanflein

This week I've been up a couple of pounds, down a couple of pounds, up one, down two, up three... egads. Not sure what's going on but I'm blaming hormones.
            SteveP

Up to 219 . Stoopid holidays. Dum hormones. Stoopid ice cream.

SteveP

was that a dancing banana?
                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Prince of Fatness

May 1 - 168 lbs. May 8 - 166.5 lbs. May 15 - 167.5 lbs. May 22 - 169.5 lbs.

May 29 - 170.5 lbs.

My fat ass is up another pound and I can't blame hormones.  I really shouldn't complain because Memorial Day weekend was a complete exercise in gluttony.  Food and beer galore.

Must. Start.  Focusing.

Not at it at all. 

Well my goal WAS to run the Cotton Row at 130. Didn't make it.

Could be because the day before I was in Tunica eating my weight at Paula Dean's buffet (TWICE).

So now my goal is to arrive in Barbados on June 6 at 130 because I know 

we will eat and drink and eat and drink more and probably not run and I figure it is

an easy 5 lb gain week. 

I've been really good about NOT buying any of the stooopid stuff, like Ice Cream.  

However, last night I snuck down to Sonic (my favorite place) and got not one, but TWO hot fudge 

sundaes.  DH was asleep when I got home (just like he was when I left) so I put the 2nd one in the

freezer....it's still there this morning. He doesn't like them when they've been re-frozen, so I figure I'll have this one too!

No surprise I'm up a pound.

#artbydmcbride

Down a pound this morning. 

Runners run

Marathon Maniac #957

From my restaurant nutrition site:

Sonic Hot Fudge Sundae (440 cal/18 g fat/1 g fiber/63 g carbs) 10.5 Weight Watchers points

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

dg.

Up to 219 . Stoopid holidays. Dum hormones. Stoopid ice cream.

up 1, again. 118.  stoopid holidays.  durn hormones.  stoopid ice cream.  coconut almond chocolate chip ice cream.  stoopid cookies.  (no, really good cookies).   Wink

down again Ilene?  yay.

Denise. you're almost there.

at least, i'm vacillating in a range that's lower than my old 'good' weight.  but still. 

Sonic Hot Fudge Sundae (440 cal/18 g fat/1 g fiber/63 g carbs) 10.5 Weight Watchers points

Ouch!  I used to do WW.  Best program in the world for losing weight and learning to eat right.

Phin - If us ladies and Steve can blame weight gain on hormones, you can, too!

Ev -

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I think I might try to blame it on hormones, just not mine

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

I think I might try to blame it on hormones, just not mine

Uuuum! I'm tellin' the wife!!  You in BIG trouble.

Leslie
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance