Masters Running

Non running advice. Family Drama. It’s ok to skip this. (Read 47 times)

Jeanne- that is so sad and horrible for everyone.

Holly is right-  when they are in their disease, they aren't capable of accepting advice and help.  I've learned this with family members.  You just have to detach.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Jeanne - this is so crushing - to have so many suicides in one small family.  Did they have the same parents?  I cannot imagine how one would get over the loss of one child to suicide, but more than one?  My heart breaks at the thought.

Actually, one death was my brother's son, my oldest sister's daughter, and my other sister's son. A fourth nephew (from yet another sister) was an alcoholic and died as a result of diabetes at age 40. We have a history of mental health issues and alcoholism in my family. It's hard some days...

SteveP

Jlynne, my heart goes out to your family.

One of the places he had been involved with finally called back. I didn't ask about details about him. I asked what to do. I'll try and stay detached.

SteveP

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Steve - I knew there were a lot of good runners and good people herein.

However, I didn't know there were so many saints.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)