Masters Running

Thu Aug 20 Runs and Workouts (Read 454 times)

King of PhotoShop

Slow 5 recovery. 

Breger, you skipped a workout?  I'm telling.  Spareribs

Mariposai

Great decison beergercito. You needed that rest and now you will be ready for the w/o tomorrow.

like holly, i like mr. mcmillan better too. I feel like he knows my speed ability so well. Was there any intervals between those 3 miles tempo? Great efford Holly and good choice in doing your lower ex. today so the legs can rest tomorrow. I often do the same.

Will RAW or WAW, which ever the body wants me to do. It is hot and smokey around here.

dg, I will post a picture of  my bossy sombrero when I have a breather around here.

come babybeer,come.

where is hallar? any word from tall?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

...Tempo day on the FIRST plan .....

Holly... I have not seen a FIRST plan but what I have read is that it has a hard Interval, Tempo and Long runs. Running only 3 days and 2 days are hard cross training like swim/bike and 2 rest days??  I'm a bit confused.  Maybe they'll striaghten me out when I get to Greenville Smile

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

CNY Runner called it and wins the baby pool!  (I think this is DS's birthday)

I ran at lunch yesterday, another 10K under my age, then did 4 with D. after work--he keeps improving his pace, slowly but steadily, and reducing his walk breaks. 

Tramps & SLO --really agree about the meetings.  I try and avoid them as much as possible.  Too many in my past.

I think it's a gym day today, but it's so pretty outside I may just need to do a few to get in some sun and fresh air.

Our Primal Quest Team is hanging in there.    Here's a story if you're interested.  Due to windy weather, the leaders were delayed and now might finish early this afternoon, and the finish is not a far walk from my office.  I really hope to be able to see our team finish.  It's been remarkable, all they've done in the past week (it started Friday am at 5:30)

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/articles/2009/08/19/news/top/doc4a8cb93e6343d024983687.txt

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles
          TammyinGP

Amy, you asked the other day about my next marathon and I forgot to respond. . . .  I won't do any more this year, although I'm running a local HM in mid November. But right now I'm penciling in Avenue of the Giants in May and perhaps Portland in October (2010) . . . plus I'm running a relay in the middle of the summer (you interested?) - Diamond Lake to Bend (Cascade Lakes Relay).

Tammy

spacityrunner

Did a swim at lunch today...30 min

Did the TM last night....3 miles, 37 min...felt like 37 hours.  it was hard, I was tired, and didn't want to do it...I know it would of been different if I ran it outside.  Too hot and muggy last night to do that...

Met with a personal trainer last night who introduced me to "assisted" stretching.  I lay there and she contorts me like a gumby, offering resistence at her command...I felt great afterwards.  I am thinking of "purchasing" a few sessions...any one know of this and want to share thier experience?

I admire you all, able to keep to your schedules...

Grandbaby beer...lets go, we are tired of waiting (I am sure the mama is also)

Back to the daily grind..

Good day and good runs everyone.......

Trails Rock!

He was born 1:18, 7lbs 4oz, by c-section

PDR forgot to ask his name, so we'll let you know when we find out.

PDR said he's absolutely gorgeous (as if there'd be any doubt :^) )

Thanks for all your support and interest.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

TammyinGP

whoo hoo!!!

His name shall be BeerBaby!

congratulations BeerPop and GrammyBeer!

Tammy

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I a so happy I popped in!    Congratulation Beer Family!!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Congratulations to the GrandBeers!!!!!

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Slo

Henrun

MAZELTOV!
                          Tramps

SLO--great sign!

Congrats on the new Baby Beer!  Hope he and Mom are doing well.

Be safe. Be kind.

Renee the dog

Congratulations WRFB & PDR!

I don't think I posted my run from this morning -- 3.25 mi on the TM cause I stayed in bed and cuddled with the kids.   Too hot by the time I got motivated...4 1/4 mi pick ups embedded in that run.  It was supposed to be a more structured set of 400s, but crap, I don't think that Fitzgerald really knows the meaning of a cut back week. LOL Yeah, my miles are down, but the intervals hardly peel back at all.  So I did my own pruning of the schedule.

Good runs to all today!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Congrats to PDR and WRFB.....hmmm , don't know about that, I think the Mom did all the work!!  But congrats on being grandparents now!  Have lots of fun with him in the coming years!

Now can anyone top my 10lb 5oz first born???  I know one lady whose first was 11 pounds, vaginal delivery.  Yes the epidural was a good decision!  To be honest, his head circumference was only 50th percentile, just a fatty everywhere else since he was overcooked by a week.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."