Masters Running

Non-running Saturday (5/29/10) in the PNW. How about you? (Read 531 times)

Kimmie

Quick Bayshore news:

dAAve sightings everywhere as he took many pictures and went from spot to spot on his bike.

Dg1 ran her 10K solidly and was her normal cheery self throughout.

Mustang Sally rocked with a sub 3:40 on a warm sunny day.  She may be feeling rough now but that'll pass.

MarkGuy ran a strong 3:49 or so (don't tremember exactly)

I dropped out at 20 miles after running 8:48 pace.  Saw the family and couldn't think of any reason to leave them and continue.  (I'm signed up for Twin Cities and that will be my last full).

Didn't see SteveP today.  Have to wait and see.

Bill

Sad

So sorry to hear this Bill.

Dave59

Nice running everyone. 

I ran around the neighborhood for 2 hours and 5 minutes this morning.  That should be at least 12 at the pace I felt like I was going.  (12 is what the Higdon half-marathon planned called for today.)

I didn't feel like running a measured distance and I'm sure not gong to strap on one of those Garmin things and become it's slave. 

SteveP

I looked for you as well Bill. I was prolly to bust gabbin or picking veggies. for DW.

I've got to tell ya Bill, you and your family are rock solid people.

As good natured and level headed as you are, your decision will be supported

Only you know what's best for you.

26.2 miles with 4,000 of my closest friends. I was the one in the Batman shirt.

SteveP

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

Quick Bayshore news:

dAAve sightings everywhere as he took many pictures and went from spot to spot on his bike.

Dg1 ran her 10K solidly and was her normal cheery self throughout.

Mustang Sally rocked with a sub 3:40 on a warm sunny day.  She may be feeling rough now but that'll pass.

MarkGuy ran a strong 3:49 or so (don't tremember exactly)

I dropped out at 20 miles after running 8:48 pace.  Saw the family and couldn't think of any reason to leave them and continue.  (I'm signed up for Twin Cities and that will be my last full).

Didn't see SteveP today.  Have to wait and see.

Bill

I just want to sniff your butt.

Sniffing Butts, Tag

wildchild

Carolyn

26.2 miles with 4,000 of my closest friends. I was the one in the Batman shirt.

You call that a race report?  More details, please!  After you rest up, of course. 

Byll, sorry it wasn't your day.  I didn't know you'd signed up for Twin Cities!

Lots of yard work today, trying to fill in the holes where Ladybug has been digging.  She'll probably just dig it up again.

Then an easy 4 miles with the dogs.  60° and overcast, IRC.  

It was too hot in town Thursday and Friday to run at lunch, in the 90's.   Thursday I had a late conference call so I couln't run after work, either, but yesterday I left early and ran on a pretty mountain trail in the local state park near my house.  It was 20° cooler at the trailehad. I love trail running but can't get nearly the same mileage as in town for a given time - yesterday I had an hour, and made it a whole 4 miles!  The trail gained about 900 ft so it was 2 miles straight up and 2 miles straight back down.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #957

A lovely sunny day in the mid-80’s to kick off the holiday weekend.  14.25 miles (ave 9:51) for me this morning in 65-68° and 87%, followed by 9 holes of golf walking with DH and DS, followed by lunch and then 3 hours at the small city waterpark on its opening day.  A couple Lite beers on the deck after dinner and I’m feeling pretty sleepy now.  

I have plenty to say about today’s events, but my family is waiting for me to sit down to watch Doctor Who, so it will wait until tomorrow.

Happy Saturday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

......What Great Racing..........

....'Espcial Congrats to dg on her comback...............

2hrs reelmowing in 90-degrees,

Sweated thru EVERYTHING so I guess it counts as exercise........

....Life is Good......

grass is short....

........trailrun tomorrow......

.............................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

I love trail running but can't get nearly the same mileage as in town for a given time -

I've had to explain this to a few people who have decided they want to trail run.  Throw out the window all of your road running concepts of time.  They just don't compute on the trails.

Congrats to the racers.  Am looking forward to reports.

And speaking of trail runs . . .

Today's run - oh my.  One of the good things is just as I was about to get underway, I remembered that I only had to do 16 and not the 18 I thought.  Two other good things, I got in some good hill power walking and I finished the 16 . . . okay 15.80.  But boy, oh boy, was it a tough run.  About 1/2 a mile into it, I knew it wasn't going to be good.  My legs felt like I'd done my strength training the night before instead of Thursday night, and they just never got sproinky.  I had to walk a lot of the hills, and it even got to the point where it was hard to run downhill, my quads were so trashed.  My back muscles are also telling me that I haven't run that kind of mileage/hills in quite awhile.

All in all, I'm a mess right now and am recovering with pizza.   We'll see how tomorrow's 10 go.

I purchased a 1.5 liter bladder for my Nathan's Running vest.  It was nice not having to carry a bottle today, but I find that I didn't drink as much as I should have.  Will have to work on that one.

Tomorrow - The Hub will be smoking ribs, and we're gonna have three "starving" young people over for dinner.  Should be a nice evening.

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

....Life is Good......

grass is short....

For a minute I thought you said.....Grass is good......life is short.

Put me down for 7 miles plus the aggrivation of a broken vehicle......Grrrr.

Vista

.....Grass is good......life is short.

Hey - That's Humboldt County's motto!

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Hey, sounds like what we say about men in Alaska. Women used to encourage their friends to come north:

The odds are good, but the goods are odd... 

Go figure.

Way to go, SteveP! good job!

Sorry to hear about the DNF, Byll... but hey, it happens. Hope you're ok, and not injured. I hear that heat was a real bear today. Don't swear off marathons just yet, it's a tricky distance and can throw all sorts of obstacles in your way (tell me about it...), but in the end, I think you're a talented runner and fully capable of doing well at the distance. So give it a couple weeks maybe, ok?

Nice race link for the Mt. Si 50 miler. I'd be tempted... but an April 50 miler is as bad as an April marathon. Not doing that again any time soon.

9.1 miles for me today, 8:19 avg pace, in what I found out later was an "unhealthy for sensitive groups" air quality warning. Oops. ok, well, I'm not a sensitive group, but I could still feel it. The wind must've shifted later though because the air feels really good tonight. Spent almost 5 hours working in the garden today. I think I might be done  by tomorrow night, which would be awesome. I always take the Friday off before Memorial Day (unless it's "early" in the year and has been a cold spring, then I take the Tuesday after off) to get my garden in. Most years, I still need days during the week or the next weekend to finish.