Masters Running

Disregard this one (Read 199 times)

Good morning everyone,  No run for me today.  Off to the gym later then yard work, thatch, cut and overseed front yard.  Then get ready for a weekend at Ohiopyle State Park, 50 miles south of Pittsburgh,  100 drive me for DW & I.  Ohiopyle has whitewater rafting and great biking (running) trails as well as hiking trails.  Also will visit Fort Necessity, where the 1st battle of the French & Indian war took place, and Fallingwater an amazing house bulit by Frank Lloyd Wright. 

Monday I start new assignment at work.  After 20 years as the Traffic Commander I'm being moved to Detective Bureau will I will assign cases and act as liaison with the Prosecutor's Office.  Very busy job in a very violent city. 

Wednesday evening 7 miles hard and 12 LSD yesterday , only 7 weeks to marathon.       

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

#artbydmcbride

Sounds like an awesome weekend!  I would love to see FWL's house in the early morning sunrise.  Smile

Congrats on the promotion too!

7.5 miles for me last night, speedier than I thought since the heat felt like it was dragging me back.  Out for 10 LSD miles this morning as a taper for tomorrow.  Big grin

Runners run

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

is that a pre-bridge pre-taper taper or something?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

#artbydmcbride

Not exactly...its a pre-test race, pre long run, pre bridge taper taper.  Big grin

The running club has set up a mock half Marathon race for tomorrow's training.  Then we get a 20 miler next weekend in prep for the bridge run on labor day.

Runners run

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

glad you're appreciating the benefits of tapering even before a half marathon, . . . .

and even though it's a twenty mile taper. Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Careful Ileney... that's almost starting to sound like a training plan or schedule...

#artbydmcbride

It does?  Big grin   I must not have described it right!

Runners run