Masters Running

Love (not snow) is In The Air 2/14/19 (Read 43 times)

SteveP

I lost the dang post again. UGH. Wednesday had zero miles with over 2 hours of snowblower cross training.

SteveP

Good morning, Steve.  Thanks for your efforts!   Happy Valentine's Day,y'all.

Late night at the Ryman and I'm exhausted.  2 treadmill miles this morning just to be able to get something in.  I'm not a big Valentine's Day person, but I will wear a red outfit to work, so there's that.    The concert was great, but the whole crowd (well, most) stood up the entire time and I was not quite prepared for that.   Felt like a workout!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Dave59's thread got me to wondering how long I've been a member of this group. Turns out it's longer than I thought, as looking around on my PC I came across the writeup that I posted as an RR on CoolRunning after running the 2002 Detroit Marathon! So 17 years at least. And there are a number of people from back then that are still active here: Tramps and tomwhite for sure, henrun and marj, maybe evanflein. Any others?

I recall that when CoolRunning went away, the group sort of fragmented to a few other forums, and that was also when Facebook became popular. Many found their way back here eventually while others were lost...

Volunteering at the library today, so again no workouts. My back is much better but will thank me for it.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Tramps

One of the nice things about this forum is you can participate regularly, become scarce, then return with no pressure. If folks are missing, I tend to assume life stuff is taking precedence and hope they'll check in again. They usually do. Which is a long way of saying, along with everyone else, that I hope we hear from Jlynne soon.

Dave59's thread got me to wondering how long I've been a member of this group. Turns out it's longer than I thought, [...] 17 years at least. And there are a number of people from back then that are still active here: Tramps and tomwhite for sure, henrun and marj, maybe evanflein.

I think I joined when I was in high school.

Gorgeous 31F, calm, and stunning sunrise today. A thoroughly enjoyable 4-mile run.

Be safe. Be kind.

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Thanks for the start, Steve. I wonder where all those lost posts go?

DW and I aren't big Valentine's Day people either - we wished each other a Happy Valentine's Day this morning, and got that checked off. No cards, no gifts, but we'll cook and eat a nice dinner together this evening (which is what we do most evenings, unless I have a meeting).

My snowblower wasn't working yesterday, when i needed it to be working. The motor runs fine, but the augurs weren't turning. I though it was the shear pins, but they are intact. So I don't know what the problem is. But I do know that it meant I had to do more slush shoveling yesterday than I desired to be doing. My legs were burning when I finally got the driveway done last night, but it was better having them sore than my back, so it was OK.

I woke a little before 3 this morning, and had a hard time getting back to sleep. I contemplated going out for a long, EZ walk, but realized that my eyes weren't ready to be open just yet. So I curled up on the couch and was out till after 5, when it was too late for a workout, which was OK 'cause I discovered later there was still a lot of ice on the roads.

I believe I had already switched from running to racewalking when I started on CoolRunning, which means it was '04 or a little later.

Have a greta Thursday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Dave59

I had one heck of a show on my drive to the office today.  There was a massive flat,  lowish, very dark. cloud formation over most the sky.  But to the east where I was headed,  the sky was mostly clear and the sun below the horizon was making the eastern sky look fantastic.

Then as the sun came up a fraction higher it lighted up the whole under side of the massive clouds.  There are no words to describe the view.  And as I drove and the sun kept coming,  the lighting and colors shifted from amazing to amazing.

But now I'm in the office.  Gym stuff is in the car. I hope to stop at Planet Fitness on the way home.

Henrun

We’re not big Valentine Day people, so we decided to try out a highly recommended restaurant last night before the hordes of today. It was one of the best meals we’ve had in Florida but I think I put on several more pounds. So, this morning, sunny but cool (barely 50) I did 2 miles in long sleeve T and shorts ( saw a couple of locals in sweat shirts, tights and gloves).

Yesterday saw the movie, They Shall Not Grow Old. Hard to sit through but an amazing documentary.

Marj and I have been on this site since 2002. I was on Boomers and Beyond before that (having met a bunch of runners at the Flying Pig marathonin ‘99.

Joe618

Mornin' all.   Dave, I've seen those "sun under the clouds" sun-rises...spectacular, indeed.   Glad you saw it and appreciated it.

Nothing quite says "Romance" like a good tempo run.   Got in 9+ miles this morning, outdoors and in shorts...40F here early, with wind.   Did 8 at 16 sec/mile quicker than my targeted tempo pace.    No wonky-ness.    Felt good to get a good run in, it's been over 10 days.

Rock the day, folks.

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Hi-Dee Ho -

A 1 mile walk last night, followed by Round #2 of PT.  This a.m., about 45 min of UB strength/core and Round #1 of PT.  The Hub reminded me last night that I've been off crutches about a month now, and today I'm 8 weeks out from surgery.  Helps me put things into perspective since last night on my walk I was getting a little blue about this whole thing.

{{{JLynne}}} - in case she's lurking.

Oregonians are a different lot. I can say that 'cause I'm married to one. 

Dave that sounds beautiful!

We're not Valentine people, either.  The Hub's excited because he's having hotdogs for dinner tonight.   I am not a hotdog fan, so it'll either be scrambled eggs for me or leftovers from last night.

I, too, came over with the CR mass exodus.  I started at CR in 2007, 'cause I started running about 4 months after I turned 40.

Okay - Off to the races ~~ Enjoy ~~

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

pfriese

Happy Valentine's Day.

DW & I have been off on holiday. The first part of the week in Orlando transferring savings to the mouse. Now we are in Naples FL, where she is attending a conference & I finally have some time to get online. No running for me while at WDW, but lots of walking. So far here in Naples, I had a nice 4.5 mile run yesterday & a cool (55 degrees!) 5.5 mile run this morning.

Dave59's thread got me to wondering how long I've been a member of this group. Turns out it's longer than I thought, as looking around on my PC I came across the writeup that I posted as an RR on CoolRunning after running the 2002 Detroit Marathon! So 17 years at least. And there are a number of people from back then that are still active here: Tramps and tomwhite for sure, henrun and marj, maybe evanflein. Any others?

I recall that when CoolRunning went away, the group sort of fragmented to a few other forums, and that was also when Facebook became popular. Many found their way back here eventually while others were lost...

I started over on coolrunning since they had a nice running log & masters (Boomer & Beyond) forum. I moved over to RA upon CR's demise and thanks to EricSmile's even better running log on RA, along with transferring my CR data into the RA running log. I can date my start at CR to January 2006.

Paul

bioguy

Missed another run yesterday afternoon and instead spent over an hour getting a tooth prepped for a new crown.

Have a makeup exam to give after work, but it is going to be warmish, so planning on a long Hanson's tempo.

Tailwinds!

dnaff

Karen - you wore your red outfit, I wore my pink coat.  We think alike on Valentines day

Rochrun - what do you do when you volunteer at the library?  It's one of my favorite places to be.

Joe618 - I know the feeling of more than 10 days since a good run,

So....strike while the iron is hot or in this case, run while the temps are up.  40 degrees when I went out!!  Of course we will be in single digits for all of tomorrow again because it is Illinois and that's what we do.

Misha got 3/4 mile times 2.  Once after breakfast and once after lunch.  Then I continued on for another 3 without her on the after lunch run.

I've had an anxiety riddle morning and the run was just what I needed.  Cleared my head and grounded my feet.  I'm good to go for the rest of the day now.

No running today, but up early after a late night flying home then reading a book that I could't put down!!

5am Spin/ 5:30 am Body Pump!! Granddaughters came over to visit but the 5 yr old had stayed home from school after having a fever yesterday which turned into a GI bug while she was here -- went back home to her mom after a few hours and I proceeded to scrub the bathroom and other areas!! Hope noone else starts with it!! The 2 1/2 yr old is still here and going strong - she is full of energy!!

denise

Happy Valentine's Day.  I chose Valentine's Day for my wedding day back in 1976.  I figured that way he would always remember!  However, if I get a present or a dinner our it is just the one.  We decided not to do anything this year so he is going to blow snow with his new to him tractor.  This winter may last forever.  Tammy, last year we had most of our snow in APRIL!

Maybe we can conjure up Jlynne if we all post about her.

Steve - you are just fabulous at summarizing the day for us!  Hey guys, do you ever notice the TIME he posts?  Thanks.

RunnerKSA - don't you hate that when you pay for seat to a concert and have to stand the whole time?  It drives DH nuts.

Rochrunner - so glad your back is better.  A while ago I was going through old pictures on my computer and there was one of you and a trophy girl.   I wish I could find that again!  I am gonna set up my bike trainer one of these days,  Maybe Monday since I have the day off.

Jay - is there someone that can fix your snowblower? You have a big driveway don't you?  Smart to stay off the ice.

Henrun - is that Documentary streaming or is it in the theater?  Glad you and Marj enjoyed an early Valentine's dinner.

Dave - great description of the sunrise!  I see that Tramps was up for a sunrise run.  I have noticed that the sunrise is earlier and earlier, yeah!

Joe - you are a trooper.  40° does not seem like shorts weather to me!

Fattozig - you are doing great on your recovery, patience.....

Paul - "The first part of the week in Orlando transferring savings to the mouse." - this made me chuckle.

dnaff - welcome to RA.  I admire anyone who can get a run in at lunch.  I'd be way to sweaty to go back to work after a run. You must get more than an hour off.

I baked Valentine cookies for the grandchildren.  We are heading up to see the grandsons play hockey this weekend.  No MN Wild game this time. MrStarr wanted to take me to the game tomorrow because the had a special to have a rose delivered to your seat.  Whoopie, then you have to hang onto that thorny flower.  I'd rather see the grandkids.

ahh, memories

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Henrun

Starr-Happy Valentines Dayand happy Anniversary. Nice photo-you were a child bride?

We saw the film in a new theater with surround sound, reclining seats and on call food and drink (although we waited for our own dinner).