Masters Running

WEEKLY RUNNING & X-TRAINING GROUP - w/e 10/10 (Read 405 times)

POINT TO PONDER: Why do toasters always have a setting so high that could burn the toast to a horrible crisp which no decent human being would eat?

Congratulations to our Master RA-ers and their outstanding performance across the country this past weekend.  Just proves age is only a number!

-----------------------------------

(well, better late than never, right?)

Stumpy - 19.2 miles running, pump class

Evanflein - 35.5 miles running, 1.3 miles walked (actually lots more than that, but that's all I measured)

Shadowrunner -

Dutchie - 42.6km/26.47 miles running, lower body-1x, upper body-5x, abs-2x (and I believe there might've been some wussing out re biking due to bad weather.  that's the talk about town, anyway.)

OrangeMat - 43.7 miles running, 2x yoga (okay, let's start the chant - Mar-a-thon! Mar-a-thon!)

pfriese - 45.9 miles running

fatozzig - 17 miles running, 30 min stationary cycling, 30 min core/abs only, 2.70 hrs strength/core combined

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

DAY PLANNED ACTUAL COMMENTS
      Mon Abs/Core  40 min
       abs/core with some upper body thrown in
      Tues Cycling; Strength/Core  30 min cycling; 1:15 strength/core
       the arms are ti-red!
      Wed 7 Miles w/Strides  6.35 miles, 9:35 ap

felt good the whole time, and even tackled

the hill at the end, running the entire way without

stopping one time.  Yea!

Thurs Strength/Core  1.5 hrs
       body felt good and tired afterward
      Fri Rest    
      Sat 10 Trail Miles  9.96 trail miles

took it really easy today and had a great time.

even with that, managed 14:34 mm

Sun Rest  rest  40 min upper body w/some core  accomplished needed to work out some crankiness
      TOTAL    16.30 running miles;n 30 min cycling;
       4.10 hrs core/strength

Leslie
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

evanflein

Thanks, Leslie. I've also wondered why the toasters at the continental breakfasts at conferences are sooooo slooooowwwwww.

Gotta get back on some sort of a schedule since I'm running a marathon the first weekend in November.

Monday: Rest Day, and boy did I need that!

Tuesday: 6.7 hilly trail miles (8:36 avg), .25 mile walk

Wednesday: 11.1 miles, 8:27 avg with pretty consistent miles, .45 mile walk

Thursday: 6.5 miles on the snowy trail, 8:15 avg pace; .33 mile walk

Friday: Rest day... my sister and I took our parents out for their 55th anniversary!

Saturday: 10.5 miles, 8:17 avg pace; .3 mile walk

Sunday: 18.3 miles, 8:25 avg pace; .3 mile walk

Totals: 53.2 miles run, 1.6 miles walked

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy MOnday to all.  And a hearty Thanks to our X-T mistress. Smile  As usual, i looked at the schedule before I left this morning and still can't remember it for sure.  But it's close.  Travel this week, so it will be interesting to see if this sticks.  If it does, it could be my first 20 mile week.

Day

Plan

Actual

Commentary

Monday         

yoga

done

Tuesday

4.5 miles

3.4 miles + 2.5 miles

ran out of time with an early morning flight.  added after work

Wednesday

8x1/4 @ 5K

nada

because I pretty much knew I wasn't going to do these today Roll eyes

Thursday

SRD

pretty sure it's done

trapped in Charlotte overnight, so not even a faint chance at a makeup run this morning.

Friday

3.5 miles

5 miles

since it was EZ, this is a small effort to get back a couple of miles I lost earlier.

Saturday

Pump class

done

getting there two weeks in a row makes things a little easier

Sunday

9 miles

10 miles

longest training run.  9:56 pace--rounded up to 10m/m in honor of the date Smile

Total

20.9 miles

first 20 mile week ever (I'm pretty sure)

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Thanks for getting us started Leslie.

Plan Core Free weights Running Comments
            Mon Free-Weights   45 mins at lunch  SRD  
            Tue Core, Run

15 mins, 3 Sets of

Push-ups [total 150],

Abds, pull-ups. 

Followed by mild stretching.

time pace
            4.7 Mi 37:30 8:00

Day started

ok but work screwed

if up.

Wed Core, Run  lost day    U-SRD  crappy day at work
            Thur Core, Run, Free-Weights    
              time pace
            6.0 Mi 48:24 8:05

Fri

Core

15 mins, 3 Sets of

Push-ups [total 150],

Abds, pull-ups. 

Followed by mild stretching

Sat Long run

time pace
            13.8 Mi 1:57:27 8:33

Sun Core  15 mins, 3 Sets of

Push-ups [total 150],

Abds, pull-ups. 

Followed by mild stretching

totals: 24.4 miles, 45 mins core, 450 push-ups, 45 mins Free weights.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Congratulations to our Master RA-ers and their outstanding performance across the country this past weekend.  Just proves age is only a number!

-----------------------------------

Over the weekend, I was with some relatives, and they were talking about what retirement activities they needed to take up now, so that they would be adept at it later on. Things like bridge, mah jong, golf. So of course I mentioned that I've already got my "retirement activity", namely running. I was told "well you know you'll have to give that up eventually". UGH!!

Thanks for the thread, Leslie. I have no insight into toasters. I think I got used up with the slinky thing last week.

Mon..... 6 miles

Tues... 4.4 miles

Wed..... 20 miles

Thu...... rest

Fri........ 8.5 miles

Sat...... AM: 5k "race", 3.5 mile recovery run; PM: 3.5 miles w/running partner (she called, and I couldn't say no!)

Sun..... ~21 miles cycling (running partner called again, this time both I and the hamstring said NO)

totals: 49 miles running, 21 miles cycling

Dutchie42

Good morning everyone, my darn laptop needed over 24 hrs to install an update (windows I think) ARGHHH. Did I say I signed up for the Vancouver marathon last Saturday. Guess I won't be slacking all Winter Shocked

Mon: 10 min run on my new shoes (Asics GT2150/Fuchsia) as a warm up for my 25 min LB w/o and 15 min chest. Skipped abs. Biked to work. Really nice. Bought the new shoes after work. Hope it'll cure me off my ankle problems. Plus bike commute. And a  quick bike trip into town for the new shoes.

Tue: 10 min warm up followed by Runerval 1.0. Didn't need as many walkbreaks this time. Only 45 sec after the first interval set (speed), 1 min after the second interval set (hills) and 1 more minute after the 3rd short set (speed and intervals).

Despite doing better, my distance was only up by 70 meters. Why do I bother? Ankle seems fine, but of course it doesn't compare to a long run Joking Plus 13K bike commute.

Wed: The second I woke up, I was hungry. And I knew I should've made a shake before my run. But I didn't..... Left the house for an 8.8K run and ran totally out of steam after approx. 5 kilometers Sad with 3.3 kilometers left to struggle through. Not one of my most pleasant runs.

Thu: 1.48K, just cause I'm in this daily run challenge.

Fri: An enjoyable 7.8K with Spooky. Really nice run. Lots of big agricultural machinery on these small roads. They are as big as the roads are wide, so for my own safety, I had to step off the road quite a few times.These machines kinda looked alien in the dark with all those lights on Big grin. Love the new shoes. Need to get an extra pair. Plus 13K bike commute.

Sat: Bit chilly this morning, but nice 5.88 kilometer doggie run with Spikey&Spooky. First time in, I don't know, probably over 2 years that I ran with my MP3 player again. Not for music, but reloaded my iTread outdoor workouts on it again. It was actually really nice to hear someone coach me, telling me what to do. I think I'll take Grace with me again for my long run tomorrow. 

Sun: Fantastic 20 kilometer long run. Despite all my excessive peeing (really, like 12 times), pretty fast for a long run too. According to my Polar HRM I ran every 5 kilometers progressively faster. Amazing. Bridge inclines and dike inclines were no problem for me either today. I was even fartlekking in kilometer 17 and 18. I think I'm peaking a week early. Hope not. I'd like to PR next week. AND no ankle problems with the new shoes. 

Total running mileage: 52.3K (32.49 miles)

Total biking mileage: 39 kilometers

UB: 2x

LB: 2x

Abs: 3x

Dutchie
                Run the day, or the day runs you.

evanflein

So when is Vancouver? Will be fun to have you not only on this side of the pond, but this side of the country!! You should come a little further and come see me! Big grin

Over the weekend, I was with some relatives, and they were talking about what retirement activities they needed to take up now, so that they would be adept at it later on. Things like bridge, mah jong, golf. So of course I mentioned that I've already got my "retirement activity", namely running. I was told "well you know you'll have to give that up eventually". UGH!!

Did your eyes roll so far back in your head they almost got stuck?  I get stuff like that from my brother all the time.  And for a man who literally should've died multiple times over his 47 years, he's not one to talk about body parts giving out.  Love him, but it takes all my willpower to keep from smacking him upside the head whenever he makes those comments.

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Dutchie42

So when is Vancouver? Will be fun to have you not only on this side of the pond, but this side of the country!! You should come a little further and come see me! Big grin

Vancouver is Sunday ! May. I'll be flying in on the 28th. .

Where are you? 

ETA: just saw that you're in Alaska. It's on my list of places to visit. Do something adventurous Evil

Dutchie
                      Run the day, or the day runs you.

pfriese

Thanks Leslie.

M - rest day

T - 8.2 miles

W - 5.1 miles

Th - 0 miles

F - 0 miles

Sa - 12.4 miles

Su - 10 kilometers

Total - 31.9 miles