Masters Running

Thanks Master/Boomer Runners (Read 482 times)

SteveP

Mom passed away this AM at 8:13. Both my brother and I were with her. We had went to the store and bought her spring flowers and cat food for her furry companion and sorce of comfort. Though she was comatose since Friday night, we described the flowers to her (told not to worry we spent too much) and told her what kind of food we got for her cat. She passed about two min. later while Joe and I set her with words of encouragement and praise to our Heavenly Father. Though we may not see her for 40 years, give or take, it's nothing compared to eternity. Members of this forum and CR have been a source of comfort, strength and support. Though most of us will not meet F2F, you are important. Thank you.

SteveP

spacityrunner

SteveP: may you and your family find strength and comfort as you move through this time. My prayers are with you. You are a good man and a good son. Your mom is smiling.

Trails Rock!

Steve, we're so sorry for your loss.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

munchkn883

So sorry to hear of your mom's passing. She is now with our Lord and smiling down on you and your brother. May the Lord bring peace to your hearts.
            I'm glad she is at peace now, and that she had you for a son.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

how blessed you all are to have been together.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Head Procrastinator

Steve, my condolences to you and your family on your loss. Barb
                ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
                  Steve I am sorry to hear of your loss. Your faith seems strong and you she will always be with you.

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Steve. .....my heart is heavy for you and your family at this time. These have been trying days for you. I find it wonderful that you had those last few minutes with your Mom. This was just a wonderful way to have closure. Now rejoice in the peace that your Mom is now able to have with the Lord. Our thoughts and prayers are with you over these next few days. Joey
                    Vista
                    PJH

Very sorry to hear of your loss, Steve. My prayers are with you. May you find peace through all of this. PJ
                      arf

MM #405

Steve, so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts. I also think it's wonderful that your mom was surrounded by the love of her two sons as she quietly slipped away. hugs, arf
                        btb1490

Your mom was in the best of company when she passed.
                          wildchild

Carolyn

Steve, so sorry for your loss. Glad she went peacefully with you and your brother at her side. Our thoughts are with you at this difficult time. Carolyn

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #957

Steve - I'm glad you were able to be with her at her passing. You and your family are in my prayers.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Steve. Sorry to hear of you loss. You & Your family are in my thoughts & prayers. Vicki