Masters Running

Jan. 22 Chilly Runs (Read 607 times)

Tramps

Oh dear, I am sorry that the bumps and bruises club is a big one. CNY
    'Nuf said.

Be safe. Be kind.

xor

70° here. I ran an easy recovery run 6.5 miles last night. Chatting with a friends, going too fast and not realizing how tired my legs were...suddenly I'm sliding into first base...scraped palms and 2 skinned knees. Sad Oh well, tonight they are predicting rain, maybe I'll take a rest day. Smile
      Ah, a topic I'm far too familiar with. Did you "yard sale" it? Water bottle in the grass, hat flying down the road, etc.... Sorry about that. Yuck. As for me, I've finished my easy first run this morning (5 miles). I'm supposed to run another easy 9.5 this afternoon. We'll see.

evanflein

Hey Tammy... nice dogs in that picture. (there were dogs, right?) Youch Tramps! What's that from??
        Tramps

Youch Tramps! What's that from??
          Tripped on some pavement; tried to stop my fall with my face. (This is an oldie-but-goodie for folks who were on CR. It happened just a few weeks after I began posting. I like to make a good first impression.)

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

Photobucket
            I think I found my new desktop wallpaper.....Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Tramps--I was going to say that it looked hockey puck shaped. But there aren't too many of those in VA, I guess.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Slo

Gawd I hate to contribute to deliquency.........Cool http://ifitshipitshere.blogspot.com/2008/08/waterproof-six-packs-guess-olympic.html Ladies you might like.......guys.....Dara Torres is not there Sad

Renee the dog

Back from 4 lovely miles with Renee -- felt like it was April out there -- 39 F and wind chill of 33...my laptop Fn key key is uncooperative, and I don't feel like digging out the char map and copying the degree symbol. Hope you all can forgive... Well it seems my husband is not on the list of first round of layoffs. It would have been very unusual if he were, but well, nothing is a sure thing ever, ya know? There will be two more rounds -- probably another in the summer, and another next summer (big assumption is that everything stays status quo). Thanks for good wishes regarding his job. Well I have to say, hanging around with you guys here on the daily, I almost feel positively coordinated. (knocking on wood). If my ski coaches were ever reading though, I'm sure they'd have a lot to say 'bout that... Black eye

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Tramps

Dara Torres is not there Sad
                    I like to think of myself as a problem-solver.

Be safe. Be kind.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Okay, I just have to ask ..... is she really that attractive to you men? Yes, she is very pretty, but too thin in my humble opinion. But maybe that is just because I carry around some winter fat warmth. Roll eyes

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Good lord, not an ounce of fat on her. Now we can all feel inadequate. Well, over lunch my Timex gave up the ghost. I think it's really dead this time as the faceplate peeled off and the band is cracking away from the watch itself. Now I have a true dilemma - Garmin or another HR monitor? Can the Garmin be worn as a regular everyday watch or is it still too bulky? I did like to wear my Timex (which also was a HR monitor) as regular everyday watch.

Once a runner . . .

Marathon Maniac #3309

Okay, I just have to ask ..... is she really that attractive to you men? Yes, she is very pretty, but too think in my humble opinion. But maybe that is just because I carry around some winter fat warmth. Roll eyes
                          No Mary, she is incredibly hideous TongueSmile TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

TammyinGP

I was wondering the same thing Mary - I just don't understand the attraction when a woman is as ripped as she is through her torso and hip flexors. I think a woman who is toned, proportionally thin (I'm not saying skinny/boney though) is more visually appealing than one who looks more 'man like' . But I'm just a woman so what do I know . . . that's a question more for the men on the board . . . but I was thinking that also.

Tammy

xor

I'm too distracted in that photo by the photoshopped "touch ups" which have become altogether too common in stuff like this. No, I'm not saying they've altered it to make her more ripped or more manly. She's definitely ripped. But they've used something to soften all the shadows and even out the skin tone across her whole body... the forehead is the key for me. I'm ok when they remove blemishes and such... certainly made my wedding pictures look better... but at this level of alteration, it makes a person look decidedly android-like. Or, well, kind of like Michael's statue of David. I mean, without the winky of course. That would be one Funky Winkerbean, wouldn't it?

Well it seems my husband is not on the list of first round of layoffs. It would have been very unusual if he were, but well, nothing is a sure thing ever, ya know? There will be two more rounds -- probably another in the summer, and another next summer (big assumption is that everything stays status quo). Thanks for good wishes regarding his job.(
                                mine was spared too (same unnamed company I assume), so I guess I can relax for another couple months. Dara - well, she has nice legs...rest a bit too muscly for me, I mean if I were aligned that way...which I'm not. I should just stop now.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."