Masters Running

The Time Has Come (Read 577 times)

Thanks for sharing your dad's life with us and your sorrow in losing him.  That's what this thread is all about; to lift up others at all times, good and bad.  May all old dawgs live such a full life.  I'm so sorry for your loss Slo.
    SteveP

I'm very sorry for your loss. Your father sounds like he's a well respected man.

SteveP

My sincere sympathy to you and your family.  To say he will be missed is an understatement.  May you find solace and comfort in your faith and your many memories.

Amy

Masters 2000 miles
        wildchild

Carolyn

May all old dawgs live such a full life.  I'm so sorry for your loss Slo.

I couldn't have said it any better. 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

I'm sorry, Slo. The Old Dawgs paid a very nice tribute.
            Dove

The Dovenator

I'm so sorry Steve. I lost both my dad and grandfather to brain cancer so I know how hard it is. I am glad he was able to go surrounded by his family, that is a blessing.

Hugs to your entire family.

"it's just like having fun, but different"

My condolences, Slo.  The "Old Dawgs" tribute was neat.  On a personal note, I was set back when I saw that I was born the same year as your dad.  Take care.

TomS

TammyinGP

Slo, I've been gone for the past week so am just now seeing this thread and then scrolled through and saw that he passed a couple days ago. I'm so sorry for your loss, yet thankful at the same time that you had the time with him that you did and that you obviously savored each moment together. May God's strength and peace sustain you all.

Tammy

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Slo--my condolences to you and your whole family.  It must be tough, but it sounds like you have many years of good memories to sustain you in this time.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

My condolences Slo. I love the poetic timing of the Old Dawgs. Funny how those things happen.

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family Steve. You honor all of us by sharing your father's story and history and I hope he's at peace now. The Old Dawgs are marvelous and we should all be so lucky to have a circle around us like that.

I'll keep you and your mother and family in my thoughts and heart.

Karin

((Steve))    I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  I am sure he was comforted knowing his loving family was around him and how wonderful to have the "Old Dawgs" celebrating his life wih you and your family.  I will be keeping you all in my prayers.

denise

Steve,

This thread is so poignant in the best sorta way....we see "spring hike," Your Dad as Grand Marshall, his riding buddies, and "he was surrounded by us all."

You and your family's love and dedication to him were so obviously manifest: he's done a great job.

During this time, take care of yourself and those around you.

Tramps

My condolences, Steve.  This was a very touching tribute thread for what clearly was a special relationship. 

Be safe. Be kind.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I so sorry for your loss Steve.   By all accounts, your dad was a gem and your memories are the treasure.   I too love the Old Dawgs tribute.   My thoughts are with you.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com