Masters Running

The Time Has Come (Read 577 times)

I look my best blurry!

Slo- Thinking of you.  I know this is a tough time.  I'm so sorry.  Looks like your dad had a good life and good friends.  That is a blessing.

Kristen

dg.

Steve, I'm so sorry.    It's never easy, regardless of the circumstances.   Your dad sounds like a wonderful person, and you seem to be a wonderful son.   I don't see how you could have given any more... 

I also loved the Old Dawgs tribute.  

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Thoughts and prayers for you and for all your family.

Slo - What a wonderful tribute to your father by the Old Dawgs!  It's gotta make you smile even in the face of heartache.  What a wonderfully fantastic life he lived, surround by a bounty of love from family and friends.  We should all be so lucky .  The memories you carry with you will last forever and make a smile creep across your face when you least expect it.

Only knowing your dad through your posts, this seems to fit the way he lived his life:

"I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time." (Jack London)

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

BlazinCajun

Steve,

Just read that you lost your father and I know that you will miss him. Thanks for sharing about his life and your devotion to him as a son. It was awesome that your family were able to all be there around him at the end-beginning. Remember the times that you spent with him as often as you can so that you can continue share his life as time passes. God bless.

Andrew

Andrew
          ------------------
          God, my Lord, is my strength;
          he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
          and enables me to go upon the heights.
          Hb 3:19