Masters Running

WEEKLY RUNNING & X-TRAINING w/e 04/04 (Read 703 times)

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do. - Confucius

See ya in the funny pages!

Dutchie -  59 kilometers running, 26 kilometers biking, upper body 2x, lower body 1x, abs 2x

Evryday - 45 running miles

Evanflien - 43 miles run, 2.1 miles walked, 6.3 miles elliptical, 50 minutes weights and 30 minutes pool running. "Oh, and one accidental stoopid rest day." (Her words, not the Editors!)

Shadowrunner - 25.9 running miles, 670 push-ups, 1.75 hrs free weights, 1:15 core

Eliz - Having AT issues.

Stumpy - 9 running miles (with 5 being a race!), 1 hr yoga, 35 min elliptical, 1 hr pump class

pfriese -

fatozzig - 38 miles, 1.4 hours core/strength, 30 min cycling

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mon - Rest

Tues - 3 or 30 -------------------------------------------- 30 min cycling

Wed - 5+ miles ------------------------------------------ 5.60 miles running

Thurs - 3 or 30  ------------------------------------------ 35 min cycling to "Monk"

Fri - Rest

Sat - 8 trail miles ---------------------------------------- 8 EZ trail miles, 2:00 hrs.

Sun - 5 miles --------------------------------------------- 5 miles - 1 EZ, 3 RP, 1 EZ

Totals: 18.60 running miles, 1 hr stationary cycling

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Dutchie42

Goooood Morning everyone, thanks Leslie for starting us up again. We (Holland and most of W-Europe) switched to day light savings time this weekend. And I always need about a week to adjust to moving the clock forward. So I've sort of changed my schedule to give me some time to get used to it. Luckily I have a very long weekend off, starting Thursday.

Mon  abs

Didn't manage to get out of bed in time to even manage an abs w/o. 

Tue 5.5K hilly run + 30min LB

Managed a hilly workout today. 10 min warm up @ 9.0K/h (approx. 1.5kilometers), then continue at a steady 9K/h and

250 meters @ 3-4-5--4-3% with 100 meter recoveries @ 0% in between

3 min @ 0%
        150 meters @3-4-5-6-7-6-5-4-3% pyramid
        100 meter walkbreak to recover and have water, then run @ 0% for another 900 meters
        30 sec @ 3-5-7-9-11-9-7-5-3% pyramid
        finished the run @ 0% and added 5x 50 meters @ 10K/h with 50 meter recoveries @ 9K/h

Added 20 min of  LB (endurance).
        Total: 7.5 kilometers

Wed 7K tempo run + 30 min UB + abs

Woke up with a massive headache. Nothing to report..

Thu 12.5K easy run + 30 min LB + pushups & abs

I can't believe I just did what I did!
        I had a 12.5K loop planned today, nice tempo run. But because of the rain storm with hail mixed in, I opted for the TM.
        Started off with a 10 min warm up @ 9K/h. And while running decided to run 4x3 kilometer with each 3rd kilometer on a 3% incline. After the first 3 kilometers, I had a 60 sec walk break to have some water and eat a fructose tablet. To make up for the walk break I started to run @ 10K/h. Somehow that felt easy. I realised running 6 minutes at 10K/h = 1 kilometer. I could run 6 minutes at that pace. Legs felt fine. Breathing was normal. So I added another 6 minutes. And another. And another. Somehow I kept adding 6 minutes.
        When the display finally showed 13 kilometers, I realised I just ran 10 kilometers @ 10K/h. And it didn't even feel hard. How's that possible? Ofcourse, TM running always feels easier to me. I'm sure I won't be able to repeat this out on the road. 

Fri 5.5K doggie run + 30 min UB + abs

First did a 30 minute UB w/o. Then I re-did the Insanity Fit test. 1st time was on 12/1. I haven't done an Insanity rotation yet, but I have been more consistently running and did the occasional Plyo Leg w/o. Which resulted in an overall improvement:
        Switch kicks = 60 (51)
        Power Jacks = 55 (40)
        Power Knees = 95 (90)
        Power Jumps = 40 (28)
        Globe Jumps = 10 (8)
        Suicide Jumps = 14 (12)
        Push up Jacks = 26 (16)
        Low Plank oblique = 34 (20)
        Now I'm going to add a HiTT w/o (by Cathe F.) into my schedule and be more consistent with the Plyo Legs w/o and retake the Insanity fit test in 4 weeks. See what it does for me.
        After a short break for laundry, I finished with a 7.5K tempo run on the TM:
        20min @9K/h, I actually had just 10 minutes in mind, but my calves were having a really difficult time
        20min @ 9.5K/h
        10min @ 9K/h
        Didn't feel as easy as yesterday. 

Sat 5.5K doggie run + 30 min boxing w/o + abs

Nice quiet easy doggie run on tired legs this morning. Spike was on his best behaviour for the whole 5.5 kilometers. Spooky was splashing through mud and rain puddles.
        Hate to say it, but I burst right out of my running tights today Yeah... never burst out of anything, but today....sigh. I guess it's a sure sign that I need to loose these 4 pounds I gained since the start of the year, and then some. But it'll have to wait till after Easter. I'm not gonna sabotage myself starting today with all those lovely chocolate easter eggies and bunnies lying around. Or the banoffee I promised my boys to make.

Easter Sunday 5K doggie run + 20 K long run

Happy Easter everyone 

Another nice doggie run in the drizzling rain this morning. I was making a jump in distance for Spike. Going from a 7K to an 8.8K loop. Which is why both dogs were on leash for the first half of the run. Didn't want Spike to tire himself out at the beginning and then not managing the extra mileage. At the midway point I let them go and Spike immediately disappeared into his beloved mud fields, sigh. He did come back when I called him though. He was an obedient doggie today. 2nd half was much slower than the first half because I had to wait for Spike or even go back and fetch him cause he was digging or rolling around in something. Spooky was chasing ducks. Lots of them about today. And of course splashing through every rain and mud puddle she could find.

I ran at a nice comfortable pace. Too bad my rhythm was messed up so often cause I had to stop and wait for Spike.

After I got back I finished making the banoffee, made muffins and had brunch with the boys. I'll go out for another 10 miler later. I hope.

Well, I never went out for the remainder of my long run. I blame it on the banoffee.

Total running mileage:42.3 kilomters

Total biking mileage:0 (it rained a lot)

UB:1x

LB:1x

Abs: 1x

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

Good morning, Leslie and Dutchie.....and evryone else!

Dutchie great fun with Spooky and Spike...and the Spooky in the wet cement....too funny!  We're gonna have to get you and njjoe (he hangs out at 40s 50s 60s on the run) together for a boxing match.  I'll try and set it up....you interested?

MTA......Elize.....I really feel for your AT troubles.  I know it's frustrating as heck, not to mention just down right painful.  I do hope you get better soon. 

Mon...........rest....................rest

Tues.........6miles..............6miles

Wed..........12miles............6miles

Thurs........rest....................rest

Frid...........9miles...............12miles

Sat............3miles...............3miles

Sun..........20miles..............20miles

Total....47miles  I think this is a weekly PR

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
          shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Thanks Leslie.  Great quote too!

• MON:  AM - 15 mins core excercies 140 push-ups [50, 40, 30, 20], 3 sets of abd excercies, 3 sets of pull-ups, mild stretching.  PM - 1 hr of Free-weights  - mostly upper body, with some LB/leg work.
            • TUE:  AM - 15 mins core excercies 150 push-ups [50, 40, 30, 30], 3 sets of abd excercies, 3 sets of pull-ups, mild stretching.  PM: Dreadmill 3.11 miles, followed by 30 mins of dumbell work-out [shoulders, arms, chest].
            • WED: AM - 15 mins core excercies 150 push-ups [50, 40, 30, 30], 3 sets of abd excercies, 3 sets of pull-ups, mild stretching.  PM: Afternon fiteness center- 1 hour upper body free weights, Evening: Track mile+ warm-up followed  6X600m  intervals w/recoveries [5.39 miles]
            • THUR 15 mins core excercies 150 push-ups [50, 40, 30, 30], 3 sets of abd excercies, 3 sets of pull-ups, mild stretching; PM easy 4.5 mile run @ 8:03 pace.
            • FRI 15 mins core excercies 150 push-ups [50, 40, 30, 30], 3 sets of abd excercies, 3 sets of pull-ups, mild stretching;
            • SAT 15 mins core excercies 150 push-ups [40, 40, 40, 30], 3 sets of abd excercies, 3 sets of pull-ups, mild stretching; Long run 12.5 miles.
            • SUN 15 mins core excercies 130 push-ups [40, 40, 30, 20], 3 sets of abd excercies, 4.1 tempo run.

29.6 miles, 720 push-ups, 2.5 hrs free weights.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

evanflein

Thanks, Leslie!

Didn't realize the European Daylight Savings Time was off-beat from ours. I guess I never fully realized Europe even did DST! How dumb am I anyway? (don't answer that)

Ok, last big week before Boston! Can't wait for taper...really!

Monday: 40 minutes of pool running after work

Tuesday: 6.5 miles on rolling hills @ 8:15 avg pace, .25 mile walk

Wednesday: 12 min. (1.31 miles) elliptical, 15 minutes U/B & core at lunchtime; 11.2 hilly miles run (8:16 avg), .5 mile walk

Thursday: 5.7 hilly miles (8:20 avg pace), .3 mile walk

Friday: 30 min. (3.66 miles) elliptical, 25 minutes weights

Saturday: 11 miles run (8:27 avg pace), .48 mile walk

Sunday: 22.6 miles (8:20 avg pace), .37 mile walk c/d

Totals: 57 miles run, 1.9 miles walked, 40 min pool running, 5 miles elliptical and 40 minutes weights.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy new week to all and to the mistress of x-training.  I have a week or so of holding pattern until I offical restart of my Higdon Half training schedule.

Mon...........Yoga tonight...................Done.

Tues.........3 miles..............2.3 very hard miles.  bleh

Wed..........X-train of some sort............extra 5 hours of sleep.

Thurs........3 miles....................3.1 in 30:33

Frid...........rest...............made it through

Sat............X-train (pump)...............1 hour--upped the weights a little bit and could relly feel it by the end.

Sun..........5 miles

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Dutchie42

Evryday: if njjoe isn't afraid to get his ass kicked by an old woman, I'm all in You should warn him though, I practice with a 17 yo and 19yo and they're scared of me.

Erika: you'll do great! How many miles this week?

Dutchie
                  Run the day, or the day runs you.

evanflein

Dutchie, plan is for 52-55 for this week, but we'll see where I end up. I rarely follow the plan exactly.

Evryday: if njjoe isn't afraid to get his ass kicked by an old woman, I'm all in You should warn him though, I practice with a 17 yo and 19yo and they're scared of me.

Now that's the kinda talk I was hoping to hear!  I'll let nj joe know that you're looking forward to meeting up with him. 

............this could be good.....

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

jfa

Well gee wiz Ev, and here I thought we were friends. Lemme see now. I have never punched a woman before but I guess I could if I had to. I have to say (excuses to follow) that I have not hit the bag in a couple of weeks because I have been running so much. Besides, I just tried to read evrthing that Dutchie42  did this week and now I need a nap. Very impressive indeed ! Anyway, after my next marython in two weeks I'll be back at it. Then I have one thing to say : " I Pitty the Fool". Not Dutchie42 of course, she's certainly no fool. But you know, any fool that I can find will do if I'm just talking smack.

Was that a gracious enough way to say that I'm a big chicken?

I have not hit the bag in a couple of weeks

Dutchie....I'm sure he meant the "punching bag" and not.....well.....

jfa

Thanks Ev, dig me a deeper hole why don'tcha !

OK.....I was just trying to have a little fun (albeit at your expense) seeing how both of you do the boxing for xtraining. 

And I guess my duty in bringing folks together for the good of all mankind has been fulfilled....at least for now.

So maybe no boxing match will ensue.  But let me say kudos to the both of you on your strong work ethics  Joe with his 80+ mile weeks and running streaks.  And Dutchie's nice running and incredible xtraining routines. 

Hat's off to the both of you.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Glad I haven't added boxing to my routine, with Ev in full Don King mode at the moment.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.