Masters Running

Monday, Monday. 15 June 2009 (Read 416 times)

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

69° F

95% relative humidity

6 miles. With Reluctant Ralph.  He woke up not feeling that great so I told him we were going to run about 4 miles. (we both knew that 6 were scheduled)

During the run, I would say, "Oh, we have to go this way."  or "If we run to here we'll get 5."  etc.  I did that until we managed to run 6 miles.

Afterward, he said he was glad we stuck to the plan.

Yep.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Halfway through June and I only have 50 miles.  Eek.  Time to get off this reverse taper train and get out there and train.

The legs know I raced yesterday, so today was recovery day.  3 easy miles at 9:42 pace.  Average HR 127.  Tomorrow may be an easy day also, though not recovery paced.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Morning, gang!

buehrle and byll - nice runs to kick off this fine Monday morning. 

SteveP - I didn't know Traverse City had an iris farm - sorry I missed it.  Irises are one of my favorite flowers.  Unfortunately, they are also the deers favorites too.  Only one of my irises survived the mauling this year well enough to bloom.  The "deer out" is working, and next year I should have quite a display (I hope).

15 very humid miles on the trail Saturday morning.  Between the humidity and the flies/mosquitoes and other assorted pests, it wasn't a good run.  We biked 20 miles on the same trail yesterday morning - much cooler, no humidity and no bugs.  Figures. 

Crosby, Still and Nash were pretty good for old geezers.  The best part of the show was the opening set when they did several songs by other groups - all with just acoustic guitars and no back up.  Pretty sweet. 

7 miles along the Sound this morning.  The first 4 miles were calm, but I could see the clouds rolling in, and the wind picked up for the last 3 miles.   Glad I got the run in before the predicted thunderstorms.  I can't remember the last completely rain free day we've had lately.  Wish we could save some of this for later this summer......

Good runs to all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

CSN are still kickin? Kewl

3 Magical Healing Miles with Tory and Sadie in 30:21 (10:07 pace, AHR  
          145) 71F and very humid. My legs feel great after the 52 mile week!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Slo

Hey......It's good to be back home again......Glenn Campbell right?

DG.....I was in Auburn Hills at the Hilton. Just blocks away from the Chrysler HQ. I could see the Chrysler building out my 4th story window and watched the news crews set up each day to report on the Fiat merger.

My youngest had her appendix removed last Monday night while I was gone. By the time I got home Friday night you would have never known that she had surgery......Practically bouncing off the walls.

Sat we held the open house for my Oldest DD graduation Party. We were pleasantly suprised by some old neighbors and some friends from the town we moved from 6 years ago.

And finally, I had an excellent week of running. Capped off a 60+ mile week. Two up coming races over these next two weekends. A local but very competitive Sprint Tri and a Hometown 5k back in the town that I went to high school in.

Take care all, enjoy your runs!

7 miles for me yesterday.  Beautiful weather. 

eliz - starting the marathon training plan!  I'll be watching your progress.  Perhaps someday I'll follow in your foot steps

Morning all---thanks for the start-off RCG/buehrle

Welcome back SLO....home is always great! CSN---lucky Sue. I would love to hear them live.

4 mellow no watch miles for me between passing storms. Felt very relaxed and recovered from yesterday's long run.

Sorry to hear about the baton mishap Teresa. Very tough to be a parent when the disappointment is etched on your kid's face. It will be okay though. The Northampton girls 4x400 team finished third at that same meet and smashed the school record. They qualified for Nike Nationals, but can't go---still in school and they have exams. It's a bittersweet season. There is a tax override vote tomorrow in my town and if it doesn't pass (looks unlikely) our school district will be only the second in the state to drop all high school athletics and all other extracurricular activity. 

Off to meetings in Pittsfield

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Oh, my gosh, Karin, it's hard to believe they would drop athletics and ECs!  Sports have been so great for my kids. I know it's a struggle for people, though.  Our school budget is going up ZERO percent this year, but our property taxes are still going up almost 9%, because the state is cutting school aid a lot.  Ouch.  I'm hoping my 5th grader gets through HS with sports intact.

It's a shame the girls can't go to NON. I'm looking forward to next year, when DS will have graduated by the time the New England meet happens!  We got back late Saturday night, and he had to stay up all night last night to finish his assignments.  I pick him up in three hours for his driver's exam.

I ran a little this morning, but I'm grumpy and didn't do very well.  I have to shake this off - I think DS is doing better than I am.  I need to plan some college trips this week, because we're on vacation the next two weeks.  I really need his input, but he's too exhausted to think straight.  Ack.  Thanks for listening.  I'm usually more cheerful!

King of PhotoShop

SLO, I think the song you are thinking of was sung by John Denver.

5.1 easy for me, followed by a flex workout.   Spareribs

Slo

SLO, I think the song you are thinking of was sung by John Denver.

5.1 easy for me, followed by a flex workout.   Spareribs

Ahh.....Ribs you are so right. LMAO, don't know how I missed that.

Country roads.....take me home....to the place....I belong......I O W A......

I'm not a lineman for the county.

Renee the dog

So far today, it's been very light cross-training:

• sliced some bread
                        • folded some clothes
                        • put winter clothes in the attic

Basically -- NOTHING!  I'm beat from the weekend.  

CNY -- that's just crazy.   <---rest of my comment has been censored by me as I don't want to start a debate on the daily.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

evanflein

Woohoo! Cutback week! Finally. Well, it's also first week of a two week taper. No running planned for me today, except in the pool after work.
                            Eliz - Congratulations on the pain-free 5 miles!  So what marathon you shootin 'for??

CNY - So many counties/states are in financial trouble, and it seems like the schools always take the biggest hits.  California is a total mess right now.  I don't have kids, so I have no idea about how bad things are for the schools, except there were a number of lay offs in Humboldt Co last year and more are expected this year.

Rest day today, which was needed after a busy, busy weekend.

Have a great week, everyone ~

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I'm guessing that the time that the daily thread gets started each morning and the number of posts that are posted each day both follow gaussian distributions.  So the majority of the time they probably get started between 6 and 8 am and there are probably 20 - 30 posts.  Since it follows the gaussian or normal or bell curve distribution sometime the thread will be started much ealier or much later and will get very few or quite a few posts compared to "normal".  I guess Sat was one of those outliers   (hehe)

Hey tet, WC, Holly, I usually run my long runs slower, I just got carried away.  I'm training for the AF marathon in Sep, I'll have it added to the race thread, it's also in my sig.

NICE 5k breger!!  And some nice long runs and general runs this weekend.

5.32 mi 8:50 pace, tried so hard to keep it above 9 mpm pace, I really did.  I think each time I pull back and relax it actually speeds me up just a little.

Pleasant Mon ...

rs

PS. Happy belated birthday to Barb and lynderunner, fellow Geminis!!

Troy Strawberry Festival 10k - 6/7/09 - Goal 46:xx -->46:18!!; Americana 5k - 7/4/09 - Goal 21:xx-->21:12!!; Brookville 5 miler - 7/25/09 - Goal-->34:xx-->36:21; Crim 10 Miler - 8/22/09 - Goal sub-1:15-->1:14:14!!; Alter 5k - 9/5/09 - Goal 20:xx-->20:32; AF Marathon - 9/19/09 - Goal sub-3:38 (PR)--> 3:41 (BQ)
                              RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

amie. statistics?  distributions?  Yikes. But nice running! 

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090614&content_id=5332822&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."