Masters Running

Wednesdaily, 8.1.18 (Read 38 times)

10.3 @ 8:32

Cold and breezy along the Bay Trail this afternoon as the fog started coming in. Big changeroo fro yesterday's heat and stillness slogging up Mt Tam. I might have to start running in the morning while it's still warm and calm.

"The World Is My Urinal"----can I make that into a T-shirt? 

reminds me of the Sherwin Williams logo...https://www.robotbutt.com/2014/12/30/the-sherwin-williams-logo-is-the-most-terrifying-thing-youll-ever-see/

Evan, recovery in progress. I've found that the more long miles I run the better it feels. But as soon as I go like 6:00 pace for more than 1/2 mile BAM! it's back. I'm hoping that I can just put in several 200+ months and work it out, and avoid surgery, but we'll see.

For others trying to recover from injury, hey, it could be worse. I know it doesn't seem like it. Remember that better days are ahead, just be patient.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Joe618

Evening all!    Enjoy the chatter here, thanks for the warm welcome.

KSA, running is just plain hard.   That's part of the fascination, to me, because it requires the steady decisions to keep going.   Summer and winter complicate things with the weather.   You know that, I'm not nagging, I just have to remind myself of that as well.

I got in a mid-week long-ish run this morning.   The temp was right at the dew point (62F), so some interesting mist/fog/haze in quiet corners of the route.   8+ miles which was slow but enjoyable.  

Rock it, folks.

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

3.1 miles pre work this morning.

So this is crazy......I left my house just 20 minutes earlier than normal and yet made it to the hospital garage with enough time to get in my run, shower and make it up to the report room for 7am!!  Amazing how that 20 minutes gave me so much extra time once I was in Boston - also helped that I parked at the hospital garage instead of my Fenway spot but still....crazy!!

denise

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I went 10 miles with 6 at tempo pace.

Okay--that's all I got.  See ya!

Good post, Joe.   I just sometimes feel like I’m supposed to be skipping along over the pavement like a deer.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

evanflein

Yeah, that skipping along thing doesn't always work out in real life. I was checking my past runnings of this half on Saturday. My PR is 1:40 and change. Every mile was strongly sub-8. Good lord, I can't even imagine doing that now. And that was from 2011! Now I'm thinking I'll be lucky to be sub-1:55...

Ran home from work and after a first couple of clunky, stiff miles it was a pretty good run. At about 6 miles I took a detour to go to the bib pick up for the half on Saturday, so good to have that done and added almost a mile to my run. DH picked me up about almost 2 miles from home and I was fine with that. I was done. 9.66 miles, 8:30 avg pace.