Masters Running

10/17/10 (Read 409 times)

dg.

'Morning all,   and Goooooo Racers!!!!!!!

10/17 TomD - Des Moines Marathon, Des Moines, IA

10/17 Fortunate One - Des Moines Half Marathon, Des Moines IA

10/17 Slo_hand- Des Moines half Marathon

10/17 henrun - Newport Rhode Island Half Marathon, RI

10/17 Marj - Newport Rhode Island Marathon, RI

10/17 PBJ - Rhode Island Marathon - Newport, RI

10/17 dromedary - Long Beach Marathon, LB CA

10/17 Ileneforward - Long Beach Marathon, LB CA

10/17 FastForward - Long Beach Marathon, LB CA

10/17 pfriese - Baystate Marathon, Lowell MA

10/17 EGH3 - Bay State Marathon, Lowell MA

10/17 rasmussenmp -  Poulsbo Marathon, Poulsbo, WA

10/17 tetsujin - Alki Beach 10K (barefoot)

10/17 Nonoruns... Atlantic City Marathon *Training run* :-)

and anyone else not listed!

Nancy I hope you've landed safely & having a wonderful time!! 

Happy Sunday everybody!   Good runs or whatever you do with the day.

King of PhotoShop

I'm not talking to Mariposai any more.  She left me a v.m. yesterday that she had a layover at DFW airport, about ten minutes from my house.  I missed her call because I was out running errands.  Why on earth didn't she call me the day before to say she was coming?

Just for that, I don't want any information about her race or how she did.  DON'T POST ANYTHING ABOUT IT!

Off to run.  Spareribs

BlazinCajun

Go RA Runners - what a fit bunch!

Ran 18 miles at E pace; 2:30:00; 8:20/mile. Finally the cool air has arrived.

Ran 7 miles with my daughter yesterday and we had a good time together  - Bojangles following.

Good luck ~Blazin

Andrew
        ------------------
        God, my Lord, is my strength;
        he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
        and enables me to go upon the heights.
        Hb 3:19

Wow, look at all those racers!  Awesome!  Go Masters runners!  I am seriously thinking about a race again - maybe a half some time in the Spring.  I may run a 5K in November just to get some clue as to where I should start with training.

Six easy recovery miles for me this morning in truly gorgeous sunny 60 degree weather.  Inching closer to 40 miles per week. 

Once a runner . . .

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thank you dg.

lots of good running.

I have to skip mine though until next week.

good recovery progress jdmom but, at first,  I thought you were inching up to 40mph.

==========================

might have been a dream but got a surprise call from mariposai winging over the Atlantic Ocean after a relaxing week with DH and DS cleaning the house for her, doing all the cooking, and packing everything for their anniversary trip so she could just sit back and enjoy the fruits of the summer gardening and a relaxing evening without all the frantic stress sometimes associated with extended vacations. 

Apparently enough time three or four hour run around the DFW area during a prolonged layover.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

King of PhotoShop

Don't start trouble with me Tet, or you will go on the hate list too.  And for anyone else thinking of writing something nice about Mariposai you're on there automatically.  Don't mess with me.

3.4 miles in 29 minutes; knee only mildly twingey toward the end.  A good sign I think.

Will be great to see jdmom back and healthy again.

Nice run Blazin'.

About a month ago someone posted a very interesting link from Letsun regarding the value and importance of recovery runs. If someone has it, will you send it to me?   Spareribs823 at gmail dot com.  Thank you.  Spareribs

Dove

The Dovenator

Yay Bill!

"it's just like having fun, but different"

Impressive list of masters racers today! Zoom!

Hurray jdmom3! I am so happy for you that you are feeling strong and coming back well. Excellent news---you've been so patient and worked so hard.

Ran 5 miles today including a local 5k. Nice out and back course in the Hadley, MA farmlands. Race proceeds went to the Kestrel Trust that supports farmland preservation and conservation. Produce as prizes. Ran a 20:30 for 3rd in the 40-49 age group. Overall woman's winner is 40 and so was woman number 2---kind of cool that places 1-3 for the women are 126 years old all together. One of Dr. J's twins won the 1-12 age group with his twin just a few places behind him. Beautiful bunch of turnips and carrots as prizes. I'll have to see if Mr. CNYrunner wants to use them in a slow cooker meal sometime soon. Beautiful day and the colors look fantastic.

Good news on the knee Ribs and aren't we all on your list already anyway? Evil Hope Maraposai has an amazing time. Amby Burfoot penned a poignant blog entry about heading to Greece with his son and wife to run the marathon there as well. It's worth a read (Runner's World on-line)

Enjoy the day!

Henrun

greta run cny.  we ran the newport half - i switched because of foot pain.  we saw pbj before the start and chatted with a couple of women, one of whom is running Dove's run next week - Tammie M???  Dove, we gave her your real name!

the route is incredibly beautiful along the ocean and the mansions while our times were not - but we had a blast!

marj

I ran the Detroit Marathon this morning. A PW but its done and I am now a Maniac!

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

dg.

I ran the Detroit Marathon this morning. A PW but its done and I am now a Maniac!

yay Bill!!!!!      

I wondered all week what you were going to do, then missed your decision, if it was posted.    Realized after I took off this morning,  hey, it's today!!  

dear friend, huge congratulations, but you gotta know how tempting that "am now" is to each & every one of us.

Tight lipsBig grin

evanflein

You maniac animal, you! I just saw your text and replied, but wanted to call. Figure you're in recovery mode, but we want to hear about it! Not so boring after all, eh? That was nicely spontaneous! Congratulations, Maniac!

That's wonderful to hear about Meg's running, you're doing great!

Look at all those races today... wow! And look at FastForward there, doing a second so soon after his first where he swore we were all crazy. Hee!

Last night's awards ceremony for our running club was fun. We said good bye to a couple people who have been so important to our club over the years, but they're moving down to Anchorage, and one woman's husband, a common fixture at so many races and events, died earlier this summer, so there was a tribute to him also. Very touching, I love our running community. It was funny though, we've got a new trail series, three years old now, and the runners getting awards for that series seemed new to me, like they don't come to the regular races or something. I think that trail series was important to help bring new people into the club, runners who were out there doing their thing, and now they can get recognized for it. Pretty cool.

Not sure what I'll do today. I'm on tap to have a big week if I do my 20 miler today. Not sure how that happened, this was originally going to be a cutback week. But that would give me a three-week taper, and I'd prefer a two-week taper... Maybe I'll just go out and see how I do. It's a nice day, more than 10 degrees warmer this morning than yesterday...

Oh, Wildchild, our weather isn't carpy, far from it. Just cooler than most of you and we usually get snow end of September/early October. It was hard this year because it snowed, then melted, then froze, then more snow. So I've got that ice to deal with. But that'll go away soon enough, we're so dry here it evaporates over time. And these two races I'm doing are "coincidental" to other travel. I can't afford to fly across country just to race, but the add on for the IN race in December was less than $300 RT from Seattle (there for work), and I'm going with DH in November to Boston for work trips for him. His travel is paid for and mine is a "companion fare" from Ak Airlines, so it's hard to pass up!

YAY Burger////////

however,

remember if you move there you have to be a Lions Fan.....

....I'mJus'sayin's'all

========

bummer day.... Do not send huggs, I've collected enough, just need to Vent//////

walked at the track to warm-up,

didn't

added a cane, then added TWO canes.......

25min of frustration

....NOT HAPPENING today.

so I'll hit it again next Sunday====>>not like I'm on a deadline here

20min xbike standing

just to break a sweat

...........................good running guys........................AvoidTheRibbsList

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

I look my best blurry!

Hey all! Poppin in to see what's happening. Can't wait to see how all these racers do today. What a list! I've been hanging in there. Running a mix of roads, trails and Alter G to get ready to hopefully jog NYC. No real racin but I think I'll participate. Looking forward to meeting my pal Nobby, summer running campers and maybe some RAers. Get in touch if you want to meet there. Tom- I wish you could try the Alter G. It has been a lifesaver for me getting to NY. Kristen

Unofficial Garmin result: 26.34 miles, 3:35:30 (i think). Off to my Dad's 80th b-day party. More later.