Masters Running

I Can Weight No More (Read 470 times)

"I Can Weight No More"  .......gonna use a straw!

Fatozzig... now that's a bird with attitude!

141.6 this afternoon!  Finally starting to shed the Xmas lardage.  Can't understand how it's been so difficult, since my mileage is the now the highest it's been in 30 years.  #$*#@* menopause!

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

...ya know, if you squint at it, it kinda looks like a Weasel......

I'mjus'sayin's'all.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

"Elvis" is starting to get a complex.  Evil 

And you know what happens when you make an ostrich mad. 

Just sayin' . . . . .

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

And you know what happens when you make an ostrich mad. 

Well, er, no, I don't......

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dave59

How do people who travel regularly survive?  I got home from a 6-day trip around midnight last night.  Got in 4 good runs while gone, stayed within the MtFitnessPal calorie levels 2 days, slightly over on 3 days, and busted the website on the night we went out to a pizza place called "Pies and Pints".  Good pizza and about 40 choices of beers of which I had to try the local micro brewed stuff.

I am down a pound.  It may be because I missed dinner last night, but I am going to claim it as "real".  So 205 now.  Down 17 since starting MyFitnessPal on 1/19 (18 for the calendar year.)

Great job Dave 59, I know my weight gain was partly because of Fat Tuesday!!!!, and Wednesday , Thursday, Friday, ect. Here in Flint they have donut shop right around the corner from the plant I work at.  The best donuts in town!!!!  I always get moonrocks, kinda like a fritter, because everything is lighter on the moon.  If they were called earth rocks they would be about 1200 calories, but because they are moonrocks they are only about 200 calories.  I think that is pretty sound logic. My math could be the reason I am up 65 pounds in the last 3 years!!!!

...having Enraged An Ostrich, we press on.......

still 176.....

..but

.now having a Craving for for GiantEggs......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dave59

...having Enraged An Ostrich, we press on.......

Honestly, that thing looks like a slightly evil teletubbie to me.

Dave59

Great job Dave 59, I know my weight gain was partly because of Fat Tuesday!!!!, and Wednesday , Thursday, Friday, ect. Here in Flint they have donut shop right around the corner from the plant I work at.  The best donuts in town!!!!  I always get moonrocks, kinda like a fritter, because everything is lighter on the moon.  If they were called earth rocks they would be about 1200 calories, but because they are moonrocks they are only about 200 calories.  I think that is pretty sound logic. My math could be the reason I am up 65 pounds in the last 3 years!!!!

I like your moon logic.  Maybe I could eat a moon pie now and then.

It's nice to have a fellow 200+ guy on the weight loss thread among all the skinny people.  I started this round of weight loss at 223 at the beginning of the year.  I didn't have any success until I started using an on-line tracking site.  I use MtFitnessPal.com but there are at least half a dozen good ones out there. 

It makes me run/workout more because it adds to my allowed calories for the day.  I didn't have much time between work and dinner at "Pies & Pints" but I snuck in a fast 3 miles.  If I wasn't tracking things I wouldn't have bothered. 

And I eat better when I am tracking.  I was going out lunch and dinner with people every day but getting things like blacked chicken or fish instead of my usual fried stuff.

There were green donuts on St, Patrick's Day, and a bake sale that I felt I should be part of while I was there Roll eyes too, but I stopped at 1 item each time (mainly because I knew I would be logging it.)

Dave I assume you will be at the CRIM this year, maybe we can hookup.

Dave59

Dave I assume you will be at the CRIM this year, maybe we can hookup.

I am 60/40 on the Crim right now.  I have this tiny but crazy thought to go run the Charleston Distance Run (WV) which is the following weekend.  I don't know if I could go 10 and then 15 the next weekend.

I ran the Distance Run 22 years ago when I lived in Charleston.  I am waiting to see if I get closer to my weight goal before making a final decision.

On the other hand, I hate to miss the Crim.  I was recovering from foot surgery last August.  In a perfect world, I would like to do both and do them well.

Teletubbie?!?!?  Now that's taking things a bit too far, sir.  Yes, sirree, a bit too far. 

Just don't be sayin' nothin' like "Barney."  Evil

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Leslie's ostrich makes me smile. Smile

Date Goal

(7-day Avg)

Actual

Weekly

Change

Cum.

Change

Comment
                            1/3 ??? 165 -- -- First weigh-in in months
                            1/10 163 162.6 -2.4 -2.4 Yay! Of course, first week is always the easiest to lose a couple.
                            1/17 162 160.3 -2.3 -4.7 Another excellent week.  Once I hit 160, though, it always gets tougher to lose.
                            1/24 161 159.1 -1.2 -5.9 The quick loss is over but still some good progress.
                            1/31 160 156.7 -2.4 -8.3 Not sure why the big loss at this point, but I'll take it!
                            2/7 159 157.3 +0.6 -7.7

Cut-back week + Super Bowl weekend festivities

Move less + eat more = the predictable result. Roll eyes

2/14 158 156.5 -0.8 -8.5 Headed back in the right direction
                            2/21 157  155.5  -1  -9.5 More progress...getting close to goal weight now
                            2/28 156  155  -0.5  -10  Getting closer and closer.
                            3/7 155  154.9  -0.1  -10.1  High mileage week and I was hungry all the time.  Now's not the time to be "dieting" so not much loss.
                            3/14 154  154  -0.9  -11  Bulls-eye!  Now the tricky part of maintaining it through the taper.
                            3/21 154  153.5  -0.5  -11.5  Final weigh-in before the marathon!  Smile 

It’s the first time I’ve ever been so vigilant about weighing myself daily (first thing each morning).  FYI, the results, below, illustrate how the measurement on any single day is virtually useless. I had a few big swings of up to 3 pounds from one day to the next.  It's all about the averages.

I'll eat sensibly but not worry about gaining a pound or two this week.  That'll wrap up my participation in this thread for awhile.

Best of luck to you all achieving your goals!

Be safe. Be kind.

evanflein

Wow, what a success story, Tramps. And all while doing some very nice marathon training. GL on your race!!

I managed to come out of the weekend at 139.5, just barely under 140. Never know how much of that is the "long run" effect, which is why official weigh in for the week is Wed or Thursday.

Dave59

Sorry Leslie.  It is really the big head with the background of sky and field that reminds me of a short little teletubbie video that my granddaughter has me occasionally play on youtube. 

Tramps - my daily graph would be all over the place too.  It also kind of drops, hovers for a while, then drops again.