Masters Running

Weighty Matters (Read 297 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Down one lb to 116.   Still hoping to get back to my fighting weight of 112, in spite of the holiday season approaching...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

.....EXCELLENT holly......

...........down 1/2 pound to 176.5

since

I weighted 175 for a decade,

we're getting Down to BedRock.......er..........so to speak

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Jlynne

Damn! I was hoping no one would start the weight thread this week. 122, first thing this morning, stark nekkid. That's TOO HEAVY for someone who's 5'3 1/2 inches. Good news is at my physical last week I'm not shrinking! And - the doctor gave me kudos for maintaining my weight within  1-2 pounds for the last 4 years.  I've got religion now. All the Halloween candy is gone. Now if I could just get rid of the wine and vodka......

143.5.  I seem to be holding pretty steady between 143 and 144.  Sure wish it'd go down, though . . . .

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #3309

Friday night - race in the morning - carb loaded all up (and then some !)................I wouldn't come within 100 miles of a scale right now   Blush

Oh well......................stored up energy right ?  

Tim 

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

SteveP

188...gettin back on track.

SteveP

OrangeMat

MM #6177

121 this morning. This is following 3+ weeks of being stuck at 123, and two (count 'em, two!) days of not running, eating haphazard restaurant food while traveling and basically slacking off. I think it's more the break in the routine rather than allowing myself to be lazy. Either way, I'm quite pleased. Smile

evanflein

I'm up from where I'd been, but the day after getting back from my trip I'm the same as when I left. So that's good...

SteveP

don't ever leave us unattended like that again Erika...people here just go nuts with out supervision.

SteveP

...hey,

THE GOOD NEWS

down

another 1/2 pound to 176...........this carb-counting is working

THE BAD NEWS

.......I actually

want to Start at 175......

Marathon Maniac #957

Like Tom, I'm down a half lb to 115.5.  However, the fact that I ran 16 miles yesterday probably influenced this, and today, a non-running day, may bounce me right back up.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

OrangeMat

MM #6177

The scale is officially fixed... a SOLID 120 this morning. Smile
                          evanflein

I'm down 2.5 lbs already this week. I like it when "vacation weight" drops quickly. But that means I'm still over where I ideally would like to be, and this is also a non-run day so like Holly I might have a bounce. But, I'm on my own this weekend (DH and DS2 in Anchorage) so I can't blame having to cook for others as an excuse. I might still make it to the gym tonight, but I think I need a day off anyway. We'll see. Planning on running 8 and 12 this weekend, and doing lots of housecleaning/puttering so hopefully that will keep me out of the kitchen!!

Orange Mat: awesome job for you! Very nice.

...w0w............went out to Run this morning, noticed I have a SixPack Abs!!!!!

THAT's been a while. (my 40s)

apparently

the poolrunning, Real Running, and Weights are actually helping.

but like

Arnold Schwarteneggar says

''Ab Work is done in The Kitchen''

so I'll give credit to the CarbCounting