Masters Running

Wednesday Oct. 21 Runs and what not's (Read 381 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good morning!

Out for a humid, drizzly and lazy 5 miles this morning at 10:08 pace.  One mile for every 10 years of my life today.  A new decade and a new racing age group.   I'm almost afraid to go into work today.

Happy Hump Day!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Happy birthday!

No run for me today.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Happy birthday, Mary!  What a greta way to start the celebration!!!

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

King of PhotoShop

Hope you have  a wonderful day Mary.

No run for me today.  Hate to pack wet clothes.  It's getaway day here in Chicago.  I will make it home in time for dinner.  Spareribs

Happy Birthday Mary! Welcome to the 50's  Must be the day for 5 milers today. Out in the rain at 4:30, but rather balmy temps. It's still 45° here but it's supposed to get colder later today. 5 miles, 9:27 pace (why do we always run faster when we're wet and cold?)

There were lots of great marathons last weekend. Still trying to get caught up on all the RRs by WRFB, PDR, Bill, Deb and the rest. You guys make me proud!

Little Will is hanging in there. Open heart surgery scheduled for one week from today. They wanted him to try and gain a little weight and get stronger before they did the surgery. Maybe with Mary's help, I'll try to post some pictures later. I haven't been able to hold him yet, but I've been putting a lot of miles on my car driving back and forth from Children's Hospital in Milwaukee.

Have a great day everyone.

Happy Birthday and new AG Mary!

Jlynne, I'm thinking about Little Will with you.

I haven't run a step since Sunday.  The legs are sore and achy, but nothing major.  I may try a few tentative running steps tomorrow.  Maybe I can make it to the mailbox and back.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Slo

Happy Birthday Mary !

Have a great run !

dg.

Happy Birthday Mary!!!   

good morning everybody :-)

((((( Little Will )))))

leg hugs for you Bill.   maybe you should have a massage,  you definitely earned it!

no run for me either.  I did do about a half hour of core/strength things this morning, & 15 minutes or so last night.  Plan is for the gym tomorrow... bike &/or elliptical, & a run on Friday.  

Morning, gang!

Happy Birthday Mary!!

Lou - good for you!  You've earned a rest day.

Jlynne - yes, pictures please.   Hugs and prayers for Will and his parents.

Beautiful weather for a run here, but I didn't tempt myself - I couldn't limit the mileage once I got started.  So, I did an easy 3 miles on the TM @ 10:10 and 140 AHR followed by some core work.   We were going to sleep in this morning, but guilt pangs prompted me to get up at the usual time.  Tomorrow is a sleep in day because Friday we have to get up early to catch the train to Washington,  DC. 

Good runs all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Dg, we need your RR. Now out with it.  I have much I want to say in reply to it (like you have done for me in the past).

<tapping fingers impatiently>

Bill

ETA:  you too Holly.

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Mary.. Happy Birthday!!!

2 miles with Tory and Sadie at 10:40 pace then 8 miles in 1:07:40 (8:28 pace, AHR 155).  More of the kinks got knocked out and the running felt good.

dg... my knee is doing better (knock on wood) after it was drained on Saturday (yuk). It was no issue at all today.  The surrounding muscles are a bit sore.. the good kind of sore, like after a workout.  Getting better every day and should be good for a couple marathons in the next few weeks (11/1 and 11/14).

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Good morning all,  After 6 days of not using the computer there is too much reading.  I did read enough to say Congrats to Holly, Bill, Buckeye & Denise for some nice races.  My experience at Mount Desert Island was fantastic. Marathon time as always, slower than wanted (4:11:51) 4:11:42 on my watch, no start mats.  Buckeye I swear I had 4:01:11 at mile 25 & thought to myself "if I gone to Columbus I would be done".  This was the 1st time I started a marathon uninjuried, yeah!  The first 2 marathons I was dum enough to try & run thru injuries. So it was a 10 minute PR despite the relentless hills.    Also I'm not injuried after the marathon  

On the way home we participated in a shopping marathon in Freeport,  ran out of space for bags in the Envoy

More later, Have a great day!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Marathon Maniac #957

Also I'm not injuried after the marathon  

That’s a victory in itself.  Congratulations on your 10-minute PR!

{{{Little Will}}}

7 easy-paced miles for me today (ave 9:47).  Legs still feel a bit tired but nothing in particular hurts much, for which I’m very grateful. 

Busy day at work, and tax class midterm tonight.  Soccer tournaments for DS an hour south of here both days this weekend, and DH and I are doing dinner and a show Saturday night.  While I'm grateful to have a happy, productive life, I'm sort of getting tired of being so busy.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

I haven't run a step since Sunday.  The legs are sore and achy, but nothing major.  I may try a few tentative running steps tomorrow.  Maybe I can make it to the mailbox and back.

Bill

How far away is your mailbox?  Mine is about  1.7 miles away, where our dirt road meets the highway. 

Happy Birthday, Mary, and welcome to the 50s!

Perch, are you going for MM status with two marathons in two weeks? 

Sarge, congrats on the marathon PR and uninjured finish.

Not sure if I'll run or take a rest day. It's snowing, even down in the flatlands today.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Happy Birthday Mary - Ididnt realize when i posted in the birthday thread that this was your 50th!!  wooohooo!!

Jlynne -- keeping baby Will/Leo  and all of you in my prayers

Bill - rest up - did you do any ice baths or epsom salt baths?  I guess thats what the coach of my friends who just ran their 1st marathon recommended -- i need to get more info on the epsom salt baths.

Deb -- did i miss your race report??

Sarge - nice PR!!  great work and i love your post-marathon activity!!

Holly - great run 3 days after a marathon!

no run for me yet actually havent run since Sunday either - that double shift monday night kicked my butt once again and i am signed up for another on thursday night into friday  morning -- tonight is the last night of fall track so i'll be running then..........have a social get together afterwards and i heard there will be a raffle for a free track session so i'm in!!

denise