Masters Running

40's+/50's+ On The Run - Celebrating our Nation's Independance(we 7/4) (Read 559 times)

jfa

Yea Jewels! Good Luck with the new job,I'm sure you'll do great!

If shopping is x-training, so is drinking beer while watching football on TV. 

I knew I could count on you guys! Nice call Ev . I'm right there with you.My thing is,if we're going to buy Item X, why do we have to see everything else in the store too?! I think it's all about our DNA and evolution.The women would gather and the men would drink beer and watch football hunt.

You certainly have earned your taper Leslie.Try to enjoy it.That beach route looks sweet.Were you on the sand?

Nice sprinkler run Arla! Sounds like you're having fun and feeling like a kid, that's the way to do it. And I may have a couple of more miles than you ,but you're the one who knocked a half hour off your last marathon my friend.

Easy 6 tonight then ocean swim. No gadgetry tonight. Just shoes ,shorts and shades 

That beach route looks sweet.Were you on the sand?

Yeah, ran right on the edge of the water where the sand's the most compact.  The tide was out, so we had a large area to run in.  Charlie had a ball chasing sea gulls, but he wouldn't attempt any swimming.  The only downside - you can see for a looooooong way, and you wonder just how far down there you have to go before you can turn around.   At least with trails it's all twisting and turning.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

Easy 2.2 recovery pace this eve after work. Skeeters were thick out there hopefully none with west nile. Jb gave me my marching orders for the week.

The high winds with the storm the other nite were in excess of 100 mph within 30 miles of here. Several pivots and grain bins lost south of me and a million bushel fabric covered grain storage building was destroyed east of here. Finally have bids back on repair or replacement of the one we lost. Hauled fert to couple other damaged fields hoping a shot of nitrogen/sulfur will help heal and bring them around, maybe putting good money after bad but we gotta try.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Joe, I'm serious here.....nice run on the 27th for you.  I don't need to know anything more about the run, but on paper it looks like an easy one, but I'm guessing it was much tougher in other ways. 

Nice going.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Wow Jim, 100 mph winds within 30 miles is darn close. That's horrible hearing of everyone's losses. Hope things come together for everyone.

Nice beach run Joe AND nice dip in the ocean.

Leslie, I was hired to "run" the office as most of my experience is in office management. They liked the idea that I am in my 2nd year in the paralegal program and said they would like to start handing me more responsibilities in the coming months to help out more as a paralegal rather than front office staff. So it really is a perfect opportunity for me to start out this way and earn my way into bigger and better things. There are 3 attorneys and all 3 specialize in different areas of law from bankruptcy to criminal law so I will be learning a lot and am very excited.

So, speaking of shopping, I need some new business outfits ASAP! Ev, Joe, anyone?

MTA: Now I need to figure out my workout schedule because I am not hitting up the gym at 6 p.m. 3 days a week.Cripes I wouldn't even get home until 7:30. Most likely I'll have to try some morning workouts and see how that goes.

Jewels

But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee

So, speaking of shopping, I need some new business outfits ASAP! Ev, Joe, anyone?

Well....yeh....sure, I'll go!    But I aint calling it x-training.

(sorry Joe, it just seems different with someone othr than DW.....shopping, I mean.  )

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Top 'O the World!

Well now, I think that shopping CAN be a form of cross-training (& guys aren't the only ones that despise this necessary evil!)....in that it's one of those things that you have to do, take longer than you want doing it for the benefit gathered, is better done in groups, are totally wiped out by the end...& as far as drinking beer during football....well, much as you'l like, that's not totally a "guy thing!"   & it qualifies for recreation - NOT crosstraining!

I kept giggling abt the Cpt Kangaroo ref!  Totally got it on the 1st hit....thinking abt who said it & that the Statler Bros were regulars @ our county fair for many years when I was a kid....Minere Mooosh!

Yay Jewels!!  Good Luck!  You'll figure out the w/o routine....as ya can whilst ya settle in

I wanna go run w/Arla! Band & sprinklers!?   need a popsicle chaser!

How's the barefootin' coming Joe? 

Here's hoping we're gettin about done w/the severe storms Jim!!! I can't believe the people complaining abt how much rain we've gotten this month! Short term memory loss for sure....seems they forgot abt the lengthy drought that I'm hoping we're finally coming out of!!  Sounds like your mileage is coming up quite nicely there!  

The 2nd half of the MS150 (150 mile bike ride to raise funds for MS) was alot of fun too, although not as big of a finish line party as Sat pm...was really really cool to watch the teams grouping up to come across the finish line!!! (I LOVE these things!!), couples holding hands while cruising across, the costumes, the huge grins! despite having just spent two days on a narrow little seat in direct sunlight, riding up & down hills.....and the families w/cowbells & lotsa cheering punctuated by the blaring music to greet the finishers

This running every day thing is coming along...is more mental work than physical @ this point....I thought I'd be really tired, but not so much...& I seem to be getting slightly faster, w/lower AHR.....??  time frames of other stuff is interfering w/longer runs, but overall mileage is holding okay...still in the "experimenting stage"  As long as I'm getting good sleep, everything else seems to be working better...but then, some of that may be my body acclimating to the medication ?

mta:  on the shopping note:  Doug & I do the Skirt Chaser 5K end of Aug (are a few around the country)...been getting emails abt the event...including sales/invites to shop the online store...popped in to see what they have for gear & hit the clearance corner....running skirts & stuff for $10!! Woo-hoo!  got a few

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Jewels, I'm in on your shopping trip. "Must do" shopping like that is similar to a fartlek run.  Dash to store #1, slow the pace long enough to pick something up, dash to the car, open trunk deposit purchase, dash to store #2, etc.  We should probably wear our garmins, doncha think?  Oh, and I'm a WW dropout.  When I went on my new pump/CGM I just decided I needed to focus on that and could get back to the weight loss thing later.  Ummm....it's now later, so thanks for the nudge.

Finished up 3 miles at the park yesterday, and followed that with a doggie rescue in lieu of my pushups and situps at the picnic table.  Found a Westie (thankfully with tags) wandering in the park.  Led him the remaining 1 mile home -- part of the time using my ipod headphone wire as a leash.  Had to carry the little short legged fellow up the hills, so got in a little weight lifting in after all.  His owner was in Alaska, but I returned him to the neighbors who were taking care of him.  The dad looked mad and the teenaged girl looked like she had been crying.  Thinking I know what happened there.

Hi to everyone else, been busy with our houseguest + work stuff so not much time to post.

Progress Trumps Pefection
                    With a heavy heart, I got my 5 miles in this a.m., and could only muster the mental fortitude to do 3 of the 6 hill sprints. 

After two weeks of trying to get him better, we made the decision to put our little kitty, BK, to sleep this a.m.  It was hard as hell, but it was the right decision.  He went from a hard scrabble life as a feral cat to 3 years of bliss in Kitty Nirvana (our home).  We're truly gonna miss the little guy and his "kitty rain dancing."

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Top 'O the World!

awww damn Leslie!! I'm so sorry!
                      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                        Leslie, I'm truly sorry.  The letting go is so gut wrenching, but so right all at the same time.  No doubt BK is safe and happy in the arms of his Creator (Genesis 9:16), and you did a great job caring for him.   Praying peace and comfort for your aching heart.
                        Progress Trumps Pefection
                          Leslie, I'm so sorry to hear about losing BK.

jfa

Aww Leslie- I'm sorry about your BK. It stinks that these pets can only be with us for such a short time.

Thanks, everyone.  I know we've all been there at some point.  Doggone those hairy 4-legged creatures.  Gonna see which of the other four I can corral and give 'em da bizness for awhile.

Nite ~

Leslie
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Have no idea why I'm up so dang early but......may as well get started on the end of the months statements for the biz so we can get paid. I knew there  had to be some reason I couldn't sleep.

Real sorry to hear about BK Leslie, I had watery eyes this morning reading your post. You did what you could and certainly made the right choice. Losing a pet is not easy at all.

Hope everyone has a super hump day....

Jewels

But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee