Masters Running

Thursday (One More Win Day) Daily (Read 35 times)

Tramps

Last mile of the marathon.

Be safe. Be kind.

SteveP

DD#3 re-posts a number of missing/found pets on her FB page. Last week I saw one of our customer's dog on the found listings. A text and phone call later, the happy fella was back with his dad. I really want to introduce him to the pack I take on trail ruins.

He looks as though he'd like ice cream.

SteveP

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Thanks for the start, Tramps. Is there a bit of hockey excitement, or what?

Nice that the dog got back home, Steve. And who wouldn't like ice cream??

Wednesday’s workouts:
        Tramps (5 morning miles in cool, dry weather)
        RunnerKSA (3.1 gorgeous weather miles + 2 post-work TM miles)
        Sees-the-Ground (2 miles with humidity)
        C-R (good 5AM run)
        Dave59 (2 TM miles + weights at the gym)
        Wildchild (10.5 miles on Golden Gate Canyon SP loop)
        Evanflein (6.8 EZ/steady miles)
        Holly (6.2 miles in 56° temps)
        Surly Bill (6 EZ miles at 8:25 pace)
        Mike (6 pre-spaghetti dinner miles)

Congrats on surviving the dentist, Dave.

I have our cat in the carrier on the way to the vet, and she complains the whole way. As a ‘reward’ on the way back, I let her out and let her roam the car. Then she’s quiet and calm as can be, staring out the windows or laying calmly on the seat or floor.

Great sign, Evanflein.

Have fun with the fam, Mike.

So sorry about the loss of funding, Mariposai. That’s awful for you and especially for those families.

Steve, it sure is hard when some people have no respect for their jobs, and perhaps for themselves as well.

We're going to see Ben Harper and Charlie Musslewhite tonight. I've been listening to Musslewhite, on and off, since I was in college, when he played with Paul Butterfield. Should be a good show.

I woke at 3:30 this morning, and rolled over for another few minutes. Next I know, it's 4:40. Do I keep sleeping or head out for a quickie? 10 minutes later, I had fed the cat, changed, and was on my way out the door for 3.6 somewhat sluggish RW miles in 50° temps as the sun was rising up over the horizon.

Have a greta Thursday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Sees-the-Ground

barefootin'

4 miles.  Worked really hard and birthdayed into a new (slower???) age group.

Bill Wagnon / stl

2.7 miles-  out the door a little late.   1.6 miles after work trying out new UA shoes which I don't like.  Back they go.  4.3 for the day.

Fingers crossed, Tramps.  I think they'll do it!

My sports nervousness is Vanderbilt in the Super Regionals.  My daughter and I got tickets (husband will be on his Katy Trail bike ride in Missouri).  First game is tomorrow night.  I can't go Saturday and she can't go Sunday, so we'll have to find a friend to go with each of us those nights.  V. Miss State.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Good morning, all.

Happy Birthday, STG.  Good luck with that--That's what I thought when I first started running at 50.  Turns out it's the slow folks that tend to quit running first.

Steve--it can be really tiring to have principles.  But they're worth a lot more in the long run then feeling like you got away with being lazy.

3.1 miles around the lake, nekkidly.  Managed to resist the urge to strap on the Garmin.  Nice weather, saw a couple of my regular dogs that slow down for me for treats.

Mari--i cannot imagine having to deal with the housing bureaucracy and having to be the one that does the disappointing of people that need this help.  Good on you to keep going.

Good luck Tramps.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Tramps

We're going to see Ben Harper and Charlie Musslewhite tonight.

Wow! Great combo. I love 'em both.  Enjoy!

Play 'em loud. 

Happy birthday, Sees-the-Ground!

Be safe. Be kind.

Henrun

3.2 miles in the cool of the morning.

STG- happy birthday and enjoy the new age group- unfortunately there are always fast runners in every AG.

Go Caps-finish it off tonight

Quickadder

5.3 easy miles with DD before sun-up. Dew point was a couple of points lower than the last few runs and it did make a difference.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

C-R

Thanks Jay.

Sorry Nancy. Always hard to lose a family member.

Hang in there Steve. Other's notice your dedication.

Vegas is very lively today with game 5 tonight. Odd as I never really thought of this place as a sports town but they seem to have hockey fever. Nice to see.

Got my run in at 5:30 local. I'm starting to like this early morning stuff. I can't see me being a Jay o'clock guy but I can see some earlier runs this summer.

Happy new age group STG.

Have fun with the baseball Karen. I really like Vandy stadium for watching a game.

Back to the midwest tonight.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Happy Birthday, STG!!

Steve - Your dedication does not go unnoticed.  Keep up your chin up.  And fantastic about the pup!  Bet the owner was happy, too. Yes, he looks like he'd like ice cream.

This a.m. it was 4 miles not quite predawn.  I thought it was a boon that I actually did the run in the morning instead of after work!

Our DVR died yesterday, so (gasp!) no TV last evening or this morning.  It's more of a catastrophe for The Hub as he is an avid news and weather channel watcher.  But he went to a bball game last evening, and I ended up watching the first 1 1/2 episodes of "This Is Us" on the computer and I am hooked!!!  If the rest of the episodes are as good as the first - binge watching will be happening.

Okay - I have so much to do at work it's almost overwhelming, so I best get at it.  Have a grand day, friends.  Enjoy ~~

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I went 6 miles before being picked up to come to the airport.  After trying, unsuccessfully, to stuff all my stuff into a backpack so I wouldn’t have to mess with a carry on and a personal item, I went ahead and put my stuff in my carry on suitcase.  Then, when I go to print out my boarding pass, I find out I’m not allowed a carry on bag.  It cost me $25.  Then, I walk out of my way to get a plate of spaghetti at a place I got so me the last time I was at the airport, and found that it is closed for remodeling.

The good news is, it all took my mind off of crashing for a little while.  Have I ever told you how much I hate flying?

Happy Birthday STG.

Gotta go.  They’re boarding!  See ya...I hope...

evanflein

Happy Birthday, STG.  Good luck with that--That's what I thought when I first started running at 50.  Turns out it's the slow folks that tend to quit running first.

Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking! Happy birthday, Sees-the-Ground, and enjoy the new AG. It is always fun to be at the bottom of the AG vs. the top.

Steve, you really need a promotion. You'd probably make a great general manager, actually. You embody the customer service, business oriented model everyone looks for. Glad you reunited the dog with the owner.

DH and I were just talking about how all these sports are going so late in the year now. They're almost year round! Hockey in June? Basketball used to be a "winter sport" and was done by April. I'm always surprised to see the "boys of summer" playing in October. It goes on and on. That being said, it would be cool for the Caps to finally pull this off.

Got the mile race on the track tonight. Don't know why I sign up for this in a year I thought I might skip some of the series races. I really hate it. But oh well, I'll just go and see what happens. My PR from years ago is low 6:30's, and my time last year was just over 7 minutes (7:03?). I think I'll be lucky to crack 7:45 or maybe even 8 minutes this year. I feel that out of sorts in my running. Just gotta hope I got the legs for 4+ laps, and then it'll be over. Just keep saying, it's over soon....

Happy Birthday StG and welcome to the 50s (youngun)!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Sees-the-Ground

barefootin'

Thank you the birthday wishes.  This is looking like a good one!

Bill Wagnon / stl