Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 5.16.17 (Read 35 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Monday’s mind boggling workouts:

Tramps (5 EZ morning miles with still-nagging knee pain)

Pfriese (8 muggy morning miles)

RunnerKSA (2.3 pre-work recovery miles in TN, and 2.5 post-work TM miles)

Tomwhite (20 min standing X-bike)

Marj (3 miles and the rains stopped)

Evanflein (5.2 EZ miles with rain in last mile)

Deeze (in the gym for 20 min spin bike, 12 min elliptical, and row machine)

Catwhoorg (5 EZ lunchtime miles, then 14 neighborhood bike miles with hillage)

Congrats to Tribee on her tri and aqua bike successes, Tramps. Take care of your knee.

Interesting discussion, started by Rochrunner, about internet ads and tracking. I’ve also become adept at ignoring internet ads, so I have no idea if I’m being tracked. However, I did take Tramps’ suggestion and sign up for Ghostery.

Sorry about your hiking buddy’s health problems, Tomwhite. And shame on that pill-mill doc. I can’t really imagine you on a Senior Dating Site link.

Thanks for the correction, Marj.

I’m glad you and Debbie had a good get-away, Mike, even with a miserable marathon thrown in to the mix. Welcome back to reality…

Bummer about the ants, Fatozzig. I hope you get them vaporized.

Deeze, your workout followed by a 12-hr shift would have left me exhausted. I don’t know how you do it.

Good luck with the new salesperson, Steve.

I went 7.2 RW miles this morning with a ¾ moon still high in the sky while the sun was peeking over the horizon to the east - nice. I climbed out of yesterday's paper bag, but it was still a struggle to maintain a decent pace this morning. But it was a decent workout on a nice morning. Today I have a 9-4:30 workshop, and then a 7pm meeting. Yep, you can shoot me now.

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

...actually

I used it to my advantage jay,

I kept telling Pickles

that Doreene was up for Parole next year

........off to CheekWood to do Mothers Day stuff............so Rest Day

.................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Good morning!!

2000m swim, heading to bike studio for computraining then home for a nap and working 3p-3a  -- I must be crazy!!!!

denise

Tramps

Jay--I think you'll find the Ghostery results interesting.

Leslie--yeah, we get our share of ants, too.  I've gotten used to them.  At the first sign we put out some Terro Liquid Ant Bait.  Works great.  Good luck with yours.

Still waiting for Mike's race report.  The suspense is killing me.

Still not shaking the knee pain so I've decided to cut back mileage again, take a second rest day each week, and refocus on targeted stretching and exercises. Not sure what else to do at this point.  I suspect an MRI is in my future. Sigh.

EZ 8 today.

Be safe. Be kind.

pfriese

A repeat of last Tuesday for me.. up/down Mt Scott for 6.2 miles total.

Paul

Deeze, you've got that backwards: you are our inspiration!

Mike, often the getaway is more rewarding than the race.

TW, so who did you meet on your dating site?

A decent 5-mile run in about 50 minutes this morning. It had just finished raining and was still nice and cool out, but by now it's already heading towards 80+ this afternoon. I'm still feeling undertrained for Sunday's 10K, especially after I looked at the course map: I know all those trails...and all those hills!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Deeze, you've got that backwards: you are our inspiration!

Bow down to the goddesses.

no escape from heavy rain

during this morning's fiver

as temps started creeping

up from the low forties

to a predicted 52 this afternoon.

We'll see.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

TW, so who did you meet on your dating site?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Jay, glad you got out for nice workout this morning but ugh to the meetings!

tomwhite - is Cheekwood really a town? Have fun.

Deez - I don't see how you keep going with all you have going on. You are an inspiration! Nice smimmin'

Leslie - ants in your computer? Yuck!  I use terro for ants and it does work on some of them.

We had a ferocious storm go through the area last night. We didn't have much damage in town and I actually slept through it (thanks to Ambien). Our friends in Lake Park, Iowa had dirt coming inside their house, wind gusts were clocked at 84mph according to the NWS. Some of those farmers may have to replant.  Needless to say, I decided not to go out for a run this morning.  I scheduled a haircut right after work, then MrStarr is taking me out for a birthday dinner. It would be a lovely evening to run but not likely to happen.  See ya!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

''TW, so who did you meet on your dating site?''

well,

there was Doreene,

and some very nice undercover detectives.........

...starr//............CheekWood is a REALLY nice estate in Nashville,

Pickles and I

used to go there when we were kids (with our folks)

https://cheekwood.org/explore/gardens

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Starr - Happy Birthday!

I've been in conference meetings all day, so no time to enjoy being in Florida, although I did get out for a 4  mile run this morning.

We got out at 5:30, but have a "chat session" from 8-9pm.  In the interim, my boss has offered dinner at a lovely restaurant next door - Columbia - which is apparently a Spanish seafood place that is highly rated, so I am heading over to eat too much (conferences always seem like foodfests) and hopefully get up early enough to run a bit further tomorrow.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Holly--I can relate.  The hotel that I'm staying in for my class has made to order omelets in the morning, they have breakfast and snack goodies out all day for breaks, and they give us a sit-down lunch each day.  So I'm making up for my lack of running by eating entirely too much. 

Oh yeah, just in case I didn't eat enough during the day

Image may contain: food

Nashville hot chicken and waffles last night.  Boy was it good.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Nothing better than Nashville hot chicken!

3.5 miles this morning and 2.1 this evening to decompress.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I would eat the waffles and leave the chicken, Stumps...but that's just me.

Can you hold on for a race report just a little bit longer, Tramps?  I have been busy since I stepped off the airplane.  I had to go over and mow Eric's lawn, yesterday, and it was my lawn's turn, today.   My yard looks like crap.

I do have a questions, though: after suffering with Achilles and calf pain that prevented me from training properly for over a month--why are both feeling better than ever after my marathon?  They never bothered me during the race and neither hurt now.  Maybe a little bit in the Achilles, but it really isn't that bad.  I just don't get it.

I did run, today, though.  As soon as I got out of the car, the little daycare kid asked me what I was doing.  I told him I was going to mow the lawn.  He asked me if I was going to going running.  I tried to ignore him...I told him I couldn't run, today...I went running with him around the block...6 tenths of a miles.  It made my day.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

SteveP

I'd rather you didn't need an MRI, Tramps.

Happy Birthday, Starr.

Mike, good for you...running with a kid.

SteveP