Masters Running

Thursday, Nov. 12 Daily Runs and Such (Read 418 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning!

Out for 5 miles this morning with Brinkley under a very clear, bright sky and very cool 27° temps!!   I can't believe we even pulled off negative splits:  9:55 / 9:45 / 9:41 / 9:38 / 9:29

I see that Jeanne sent me some pictures of baby Will, so I will post those when I get to work and have more time.   Right now I have to go label and pack more bottles ..... nothing like being a last minute Nellie.  

Happy Thursday!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Hey, it's a PBJ sighting.

Fizzy lifting and steperfication this morning.

Achilles are still quite sore.  At least I can run the local turkey day race, since I will be pacing PBJ Jr. and PBJster #2 through the crowded running field.  It's a good thing I won't have to go fast, since I'll be coming back from the UK the day before (and heading back to the UK that Saturday).  I think the Brits hate Thanksgiving.

Good morning everyone, 

Weather here just like Mary's

What a day for a daydream

What a day for a daydreamin' boy

And I'm lost in a daydream

Dreamin' bout my bundle of joy 

Workin' a Lovin' Spoonful concert tonight, yeah they're still at it!  

5.3 easy paced miles this morning.  Yesterday tempo pace 6.2 hilly miles for me with some fast company doing a recovery run. 

Nice to see baby Will is improving

Pleasant daydreams

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Slo

Hey All

It's been a gorgeous November here in the Midwest.

I got to the pool today to make up for the session I didn't get yesterday. I've been getting some good high quality swim workouts in.....thanks in part to this stupid injury....

Started formulating next years race schedule.......I'm excited ! 

Jylnne.......I would love to do the Cellcom GreenBay Marathon......It's going to depend on how this leg recovers.....Mmmmm smell them Brauts !

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Oh, I love that song Sarge!   Have fun at the concert.

Nice to see PBJ pop his head in.

Glad that you were able to get your swim in today Slo.

Welcome to the daily thread TinaZ and TBone - I hope you both start posting regularly.

The pictures of baby Will are posted on his own little thread.    He is SO cute!!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

Wildchild – nice lunchtime wave run yesterday.

PBJ – undoubtedly the worst travel days of the year here in the States – good luck!

After 8 days of relatively-mild-but-persistent stomach pain and bloating, I finally went to the doctor yesterday.  He said this was a virus going around right now, and the average duration was about 2 weeks.  I was relieved, since I had begun to wonder if I was developing an ulcer.  Nothing to be done about it, though, but wait it out, rest more (yeah right), and eat small portions until my stomach can take more without cramping up in retaliation.

He didn’t say to stop running, though. 

3.85 easy-paced miles outside in 31° (ave pace 10:28), followed by these intervals on the TM:

(5 minute slow-to-fast segments – 10:00, 9:31, 9:05, 8:41, 7:30)  x  4

1 minute walk

(1 min. 7:30/1 min. 10:00)  x  5

plus CD makes 8 miles total.

This was REALLY hard to do today, the faster paces very difficult to maintain.  I hope this stomach thing is to blame, because I feel soooo slow and sluggish.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Jylnne.......I would love to do the Cellcom GreenBay Marathon......It's going to depend on how this leg recovers.....Mmmmm smell them Brauts !

Come on up, Slo! I've never done the full marathon, but I hear it's an awesome course - pretty flat and along the river trail for part of it. And of course the best is finishing by running through Lambeau.  I hope you're healed and ready to go next May. It would be great to get some RA folks up here for this race. Brats, beer, a band - all in the parking lot of Lambeau Field. It truly is like one big tailgate party for runners.

Great run this morning Mary - good splits. Burning off a little pre art show stress, eh? Keep packing those bottles - I have a feeling you're going to sell a lot of them.

Sarge - if the crowd at a Lovin' Spoonful concert is any where near the age of the band, I don't think you'll have too many problems with rowdy behavior! I still have one of their albums on vinyl from my high school days.

A 7.5 miler for me this morning, 9:38 pace in temps around 35°. For some reason, my legs felt dead today and I just couldn't get comfortable with my stride. I came home and jumped rope for 5 minutes but that didn't help either.

Anyone watch Top Chef? Robin was eliminated last night. As much as everyone disliked her, I felt kind of sorry for her. She was the oldest person on the show this season and couldn't seem to prepare anything the judges liked.

Have a good day everyone.

Holly, hope you're feeling better soon.  Don't worry about the "slowness".  It's probably a combination of the virus and the Post-Marathon blahs.  I have those myself a little.

6 recovery paced miles at 9:54 pace.  The 1st mile was 11+ as I was really trying to keep myself slow today.  Tomorrow too.  I'd like my run on Saturday to go well.

There is a Half Marathon on A1A this Sunday and it would be interesting to see if I could PR.  But I don't seem excited to plop down $70 to do it.  Cheapskate.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Renee the dog

Day 2 of Ida on top of us (at least I think that's who it is).  Renee and I are hedging out bets and hoping to go out for some miles this afternoon.  I've rested my hip for 48 hrs....I'm ready to get out there!  Everyone is getting cabin fever.  Esp. me.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Run the race God set B4U

Good morning everyone!!!  I did not run this morning, but will try and get a run in this evening, just a short one though  Smile  It's a beautiful day here in AR....wishing everyone a Happy Thursday  Smile
                      5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)
                      TammyinGP

Good Morning everyone and a WELCOME to our two newest posters - TinaZ and TBone, sounds like you two could start a hip hop group

I've been absent the last couple days, but had a decent track run on Tuesday night after work. I wasn't able to meet up with Laura for our usual 7 as she had other obligations that night, but I still went to the track, but stopped after 4.5 miles. It got dark rather quickly and when there are no teams practicing, they don't turn on the track lights. Usually there is enough surrounding lights in the area to see well enough, but once a group of about 8 guys showed up, I wasn't feel comfortable enough to run solo there. They were just running the track also, but with the inability to see more than 5 ft in front of me and my mind playing fearful mind tricks on me, I decided to pack in it. But I got in a few good miles: 9.19, 9.32, 8.13, 7.57 and 4.36 for the last 1/2 mile.  I have a 5K on Saturday, so I was happy to see a sub 8 mile in there and now just hope I can maintain that for 3 miles.

yesterday I had the day off work, so after my dental cleaning, went to the gym for a workout. I planned on much more than I ended up doing, but just wasn't feeling well yesterday at all. I started out with 20 min on the ellip, then did about 10 min of stretching and foam rolling, then did leg weights for about 20 min and got on a TM. After one mile on the TM though, my headache was getting worse, and I started feeling body-ache-ish, so I bagged it and went home. Need to be healthy for Saturday's race.  Today I'm feeling better though.

Tammy

Mariposai

I just love TinaZ's upbeat attitude. I am looking forward to getting to know her and tbone better thru this forum.

Tammy, I missed you sistahh. Great track w/o there. Please say hi to Laura for me next time you see her.

21F this morning...bye, bye short-welcome winter tights. 4 easy miles plus 1 hour of my favorite pilates w/o. For those who do not want to spend the $ on gym membership, like me, I strongly recommend Denise Austin's pilates for every body. This is a complete w/o to strengthen, lengthen and tone the whole body. Great ex. using theraband, yes, the same ones PT uses for their patients. This video was given to me as a gift from my PT friend when I had my torn ligament due to a bad downhill ski accident and I have been using it ever since. Great stuff.

Off to Seattle for meetings this afternoon, and conference tomorrow. Tonight we have gala banquet, which we are invited to attend every year. Lots of good food, good wine and great dessert...what else can I ask for.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Sarge - if the crowd at a Lovin' Spoonful concert is any where near the age of the band, I don't think you'll have too many problems with rowdy behavior! I still have one of their albums on vinyl from my high school days.

Jlynne we are reserving 60 handicap spaces instead of the usual 25  So no rowdiness is expected...

I hope I can see most of the show.   Still 2 originials in the band  

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Run the race God set B4U

Good luck on your 5K Saturday Tammy!   And LOL.....How bout it T-Bone?  Wanna start a hip hop group???...I do "Zumba" there's a start...can you sing???  Dance???? Rap???   LOL      Smile 

Thanks Mariposai, I hope I can deliver the upbeat attitude more often for ya  Smile and btw...I love pilates too and DA rocks!  Smile

5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)
                              Teresadfp

One day at a time

Wildchild - You asked how they discovered SIL's tumor when she went in for her elbow.  It was my understanding that  for her elbow surgery, they were going to use the kind of anesthesia that goes in the spine, so when they were checking out her spince, they found it.

Rest day for me - I'm looking forward to a GOOD run tomorrow!!!