Masters Running

Some things are worth weighting for (Read 593 times)

SteveP

Lets get with the program people...

Don't make me post another photo

201 lbs

Could it be, I'm learning moderation?

nah.

SteveP

Prince of Fatness

172.5 - Up 2.5 from two weeks ago.

I've been muddling along dealing with this injury in my butt.  Little running and lots of sympathy food and beer don't mix.  I did quite well dieting this week actually and am ready to turn this thing around.  The long holiday weekend will be a challenge.

Not at it at all. 

I guess I need to get in this group as I have gained 8 pounds over the last 3 months while laid up with a injury.

Current weight                  172.5                     (MrPhinNJ and I are the same )

heaviest I feel good at      160

Ideal wieght   ( BMI )         150

That means I need to lose at least 12.5 pounds and  then work on the BMI.

This weekend I will be lucky to come out even but plan on getting real serious starting Tuesday.

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

dg.

no more messing around.    geez.     I've had just about enough of me! 

sigh.

SteveP

I've had just about enough of me! 

sigh.

And we can't get enough of you.

(((((DG)))))

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

I am happy to report that I am down a pound this week.  Okay, maybe it’s a half-lb, but it’s hard to tell on my non-digital scale, and I prefer to think positively. 

I might have been down slightly more, but yesterday afternoon’s thunderstorm caused a power outage at my house until 8pm, forcing us (oh we were sooo unwilling) to eat at Chic Fi Lay, changing my planned dinner of lo-cal-but-bulky salad to World’s Best Chicken Nuggets.  Oh well.  My willpower can only take so much, you know?

With the 50K next weekend, I really ought to sort of taper this week, but bathing suit season is now upon us, and our family water park pass will drive me out in public in it (gasp), so I probably won’t taper as much as I would normally, and I’m really going to try to control my eating on my reduced-running days.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

dg.

And we can't get enough of you.

(((((DG)))))

aww, Steve, you just made my day.  thanks.

Smile    see you in a leetle while man!

Holly, wtg.   & .... take care of your self this week ok???    I know you're invincible, but 50K is still 50K.

Prince of Fatness

MrPhinNJ and I are the same

Please no.  This world does not need two of me.

Not at it at all. 

#artbydmcbride

Please no.  This world does not need two of me.

I disagree!  We could double our pleasure, double our fun......

Big grin

I am a gazelle-like up 2 pounds.  <sigh>    Memorial weekend hopefully will include more running and less eating!

Runners run

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I had a very bad (but tastey) trip with stops at olive garden and the addictive 5 guys.  net results this morning?  +4 to 189.  and a semi week off from exercise with sore foot and travel.  the 180 I was hoping for by the end of june might be in a little doubt.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

I say it's the Memorial Day Weekend - let 'er rip!!! It's all about baseball, hot dogs and apple pie people. Oh, wait - that's the fourth of July isn't it?

I'd like to second dg's thought that a 50K requires some added nutrition, not dieting.  You'll probably drop 5 pounds or more after that race, Holly. Take care of yourself.

Hey Kevin - did you see the national news last week where they did a story on obesity in America? There are so many calories in a Five Guys bacon cheeseburger that you could eat TWO McDonald's quarter pounders for the same calories. Calorie count for that Five Guys bacon cheesburger and an order of fries? I think they said close to 3,000.

I was pleasantly surprised this morning. Down 1 1/2 pounds to 123, but still about 5 pounds more than I should be carrying on this 5'3" frame. It's a good thing I'm too old to have babies so no one asks me if I'm pregnant any more.

TammyinGP

I am a gazelle today. and only 1.4 lbs from what my goal marathon weight is. I have 6 days to lose 1.4 lbs. ezpz right?

Tammy

Anybody else finding MrPHin's avatar a tuff one to handle for this thread??

When I got back from Conference on Sunday, I weighed in at 148.8.  Yesterday morning I weighed in at 147.8.  Goal Weight: 140 by my next 50k - SOB on July 10.

A quickie BMI check says I'm at 22.5.  Scarily too close to the "overweight" BMI.  (And I'm wondering about the accuracy of the thing.)

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

Leslie - I too wonder about the accuracy of those and I'm thinking since it's really only taking your height and weight into consideration, it can't be all that accurate. I think right now my BMI (per FitDay) is right at 22 or so also, which on my 5'9" frame is in the upper range of healthy (I think my range is 18 to 24 or something like that?). I've plugged in different weights at what would get me to 20 or below and I'd have to be right about 130 lbs. well, even at my all time thinnest of 136 lbs and a lose size 2 pants (we're talking way to bony, bordering on anorexic thin here) I wasn't at a BMI of 20.

Tammy

There's no way I could maintain a weight below 140.  I'm 5'8". I tried for 135 at one point, but it was very hard.  Can we say, "No eating, period"?  About 4 years ago, I was at 130 - for a very brief, extremely personal stressful time of my life, but other than that, 140 feels good, and I'm able to enjoy life (i.e. food).

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance