Masters Running

WEEKLY RUNNING & X-TRAINING GROUP w/e 05/16 (Read 557 times)

Point to Ponder: "Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken over there ... I'm gonna eat the first thing that comes out if its butt"?"

Fleet Feet, Friends -

Erika - 37.1 miles run, 3.4 miles walked, 8 miles elliptical and some core

Shadowrunner -25.7 running miles, 710 push-ups, 1.25 hrs core; 20 biking miles, 3.10 hrs free weights

Evryday - 33 running miles

Eliz - 30 min walking.  Taking a break to reboot her running mojo.  Come back soon, Eliz.

pfriese - 51.2 running miles

Stumpy -13.7 running miles, 1.5 "Max" miles, yoga 1x

fatozzig - 9.5 road miles, 10 trail miles, 60 min stationary biking, 155 min core/strength training (sounds like a lot! ), 3 hrs yard work

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mon - 3+ of 30 min; core/strength ---------------------------------------- 30 min stationary cycling; 45 min core/strength

Tues - 5+ miles --------------------------------------------------------------- 6 miles w/9:53 ap

Wed - 3+ of 30 min; core/strength --------------------------------------- 1.25 hrs core/strength

Thurs - 5+ miles or Rest --------------------------------------------------- Sleep In Day

Fri - 3+ of 30 min; core/strength ------------------------------------------ 3 miles; 35 min core/strength (mostly upper body)

Sat - 10-12 trail miles -------------------------------------------------------

Sun - 10 miles ----------------------------------------------------------------

Totals:

Leslie
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Thanks Leslie......I love eggs.....well.....I used to love eggs.

Mon...........rest................rest

Tues.........6miles...........6miles

Wed..........6miles...........no run

Thurs........rest................no run

Frid...........9miles...........6miles

Sat............rest.................9miles

Sun..........15miles..........cleaned out the garage....no run

21 miles total.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Thanks Leslie.

M - 15 min core excercises 150 push-ups [50,40, 30, 30], 3 sets of abds and pull-ups; mild stretching.  PM - free-weights work-out  1hour 10 min in garage @ 7:30 PM.  Mostly UB some very light leg work..

T - 3.5 miles easy run.  Not a good run due to continuing issues with calf and knees.  Maybe time for new shoes.

W - 15 min core excercises 160 push-ups [50,40, 40, 30], 3 sets of abds and pull-ups; mild stretching; Fitness center later today planned.  Evening free weight work-out in garage 50 mins. UB only.

R - 15 min core excercises 160 push-ups [50,40, 40, 30], 3 sets of abds and pull-ups; mild stretching;

F - 15 min core excercises 170 push-ups [50,50, 40, 30], 3 sets of abds and pull-ups; mild stretching;  Fitness center today for 1 hr of  free weights

Sa - 15 min core excercises 130 push-ups [40,30, 30, 30], 3 sets of abds; mild stretching; 4.69 mile run @ 8:08 pace.  Put orthotics in shoes to see if I can improve stability.  Cushioning my a**, looks like my luck with Kayanos continues.

Su -  4.89 mile run today at 8:27 pace. 

Total mileage down:  13.1 due to leg issues.  Free-weights: 3 hrs.  Push-ups: 770, core training: 1hr 15 mins.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

evanflein

Thanks, Leslie... I think. I love eggs, too. A woman here at work raises chickens and when they're prolific, she sells some to me. $3 a dozen for big green and brown eggs. Wonderful!

Monday: 4 miles on the elliptical (32:27) at lunchtime

Tuesday: 7.9 miles, including intervals at the high school track

Wednesday: 6 miles in 50 minutes (8:18 avg), .5 mile walk

Thursday: 8.1 miles, 8:17 avg pace, .3 mile walk

Friday: 4 miles on the elliptical (32:00) and .5 mile walk

Saturday: 9 miles of hills, 8:12 avg pace, .3 mile walk cool down

Sunday: 15.2 miles, 8:09 avg pace, .2 mile walk

Totals: 46.3 miles run, 1.8 miles walked, 8 miles elliptical

Fresh eggs are so good!!  There's a woman who works with The Hub who sells fresh eggs to him whenever she has extras.  I make a breakfast egg salad out of lf cream cheese, a lf Laughing Cow cheese wedge, some sweet mustard sauce, salt and pepper, and put that on a toasted bagel.  Yum!

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I think it was the same guy who said "I'm going to eat whatever I find in this shell" while looking at a clam, oyster, etc.

Monday:  yoga.  No stretching yet, so Max and I will hit the lake.  We did--1.5 miles

Tuesday:  4 miles.  4.06 (roughly) miles.  and 1.5 with Max

Wednesday:  X-T or 2 miles.  pushups and stretching.  And, no, I will not report the pitiful number I did

Thursday:  4 miles.  4.1 and more pushups.

Friday:  rest.  done.

Saturday:  X-T or pump class.  I did pump and the week I missed showed up in the quivering muscles.

Sunday:  7 miles.  7 miles on the nose.  Not terribley fast, but complete.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Dutchie42

Hi guys ,

Eggs! Love them. But no farmers market here to buy them really fresh. No farmers either.

Gas bubble still hasn't disappeared, though probably only 1/4 left. Just a bit to go. Next follow up appt. is Monday. Hope they tell me I can w/o again. I must be gaining a pound a minute these days.... Of course, that has nothing to do with all the cookies and ice cream I eat.The bars in my training graph are getting equally as fat.

Dutchie
                  Run the day, or the day runs you.

evanflein

{{Dutchie and her gassy eye and spreading butt}}

Better than the other way around, I guess.

pfriese

Thanks Leslie.

M - rest day

T - 8 miles

W - 8 miles

Th - 8.2 miles

F - rest day

Sa - 3 mile warmup run followed by 5K race  - 21:37

Su - 13 miles

---------------------------------

Total - 43.3 miles

Paul

{{Dutchie and her gassy eye and spreading butt}}

Better than the other way around, I guess.

Ha!!  Good one, Erika!!!

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance