Masters Running

Wednesday - Happy Birthday Henrun! (Read 41 times)

Dave59

I got out for 60 minutes of run/walking.  Still doing the Maffetone low heart rate thing.

I forgot about the "8" thing when I was out.  I did that in honor of forgetting things as you get older.   Happy Birthday Henry.  I was surprised when I first heard you were going to be 80.  When I met you a few years ago I would have guessed at least 10 years younger than what you were at the time, so you must be doing something right.

Marathon Maniac #957

I had to drive DD to school early for an FCA meeting, so I was short on time this morning.  I did get outside in 40 degrees for 2 slow and gentle miles to test my creaking spots.  The foot is much better but still not well enough, so I stopped with 2 miles and put in 15 minutes on the bike to nowhere.  Tomorrow I have to drive to Columbus for a seminar, so I will take another rest day and try again on Friday.

Happy Wednesday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Sayhey! MM#130

Happy Day Henry!  Looking forward to seeing you and  Marj in less than 2 weeks; ok to give you a belated birthday hug then?   Have a super day and celebration.

And please, I love tet's questions to you.  Please tell us about your racing adventures and high points, will you?

Kevin, problem with calling Carolyn a smarty pants is that those pants fit her.    She's smaht, as you might say.

As for that Ribs question, it just needs editing.  Ribs loves women.   Period.  There needn't be any qualifier; just ask the Saint.

We did lline runs last night, where a group goes out and the person in back runs to the front, etc. etc.  Never did those before and had a lot of fun.  I went with some slower runners (being prudent, my way of tapering) but still got in one mile that was sub-8.

Did nearly 8 this am, Henry but had to cut it short for work.  It's ok, we got finished in court early, so I made up the difference plus at lunch.

Looks like a neat Marathon  exhibit at the Boston Public Library that will be open on Easter Sunday 1 to 5 so we can see it.

Starr, only every 10 lbs?  Why not every 5?  No offense guys, but it seems to me it is so much easier for you to lose weight than it is for women.  I love your rewards; they sound wonderful.  My roomie in Reston had some luscious soap that was minty and sudsy; I think that's going on my treat list next time I deserve something. ......of course, this could be a while

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Bushrat Runner

coastwalker

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HENRY!!!  I hope there is a celebratory martini in your near future!

6.45 RW miles this morning - a bit before Marj posted about the 8s. My body parts weren't all playing well together this morning, so it wasn't my best workout. But it was good to be out, and I got to see a shooting star. Today has been full of many diverse projects at the office, and I'm not going to get it all done by the time I have to head home to get dinner started. I'm supposed to go to a 3/4-day conference tomorrow, and I think I'm going to blow it off because I just have too much to do here before we get outta town in a few days.

Have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Happy Birthday Henry!!  I am going to add on to my track workout tonight to get 8 miles in -- of course it will probably be 8.2 just because that's how I roll thanks to Esther!! 

denise

Happy Birthday, Henry!!!  You are an inspiration to us all.

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

I feel like the party pooper with no 8's to add.  But maybe I can party by proxy with David running (almost) 8 laps around the track at his meet.

Tammy

pfriese

Happy Birthday Henrun!

7.8 surprisingly sproinky miles after work. Legs feel great! I think a 5K this weekend would be fun.

Henrun

Happy Birthday octo-man.

You'll be my incentive to make it to the 80 mile milestone

in 100-miler in May that DQ'ed me last year.

.waiver. 

ps - when was your first marathon and why?

were you sub-three like MikeE?

any other big ones from 5K on you remember with fondness.

Tet- the closest I got to sub-threes were 3:05 and 3:07. My first marathon was Boston in 1976. I ran it 2 years after I first started running and found I really enjoyed running and a medical running group got me a waiver. I BQ'd 7 times. I remember Big Sur, NYC and Chicago marathons fondly as well as many local races in N.H. And Maine. But mostly the races I've done with Marj over the past 12 years, especially the destination races.

C-R

Happy birthday Henry.

Quick drive by - no running today. Golf with the boys in 98 degrees made the pool more inviting.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Here it is 8pm and I am ready for bed.

After work I went to the Y for weights (rhymes with eight)

Massage appointment at 5:30. It was good but not heavenly, if you know what I mean.

Biked around the lake and then some.  Tried to find a 8 mile route but ended up with 9.44 miles in 53:44.   I saw a lot of seagulls and geese on the lake. There were several huge white birds in the water too, maybe pelicans, migrating through here. They looked too big for swans.  This was the first time out biking this year and it felt great. That tri is coming up pretty quick and I still haven't committed to it, but it's in the back of my mind.

Amy, I think I will go for the rewards every 5 pounds, what a great idea! There is that road bike I have been wanting, a Dolce Elite by Specialized.  Anyone have one or other recommendations?

Goodnight everyone.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

ok Henry -- ran 8.3 for you tonight with warm-up, track workout, cool-down!!  Track workout was 10 x 800 at lactate threshhold pace (whatever that means )  -- My splits were between 3:48-4:00 with 90 second recovery between each -- last intense workout before Boston!!

Goodnight all - sweet dreams!!

denise

Happy Birthday Henry!

Ran 10.1 miles this morning or 8 miles for Henry with 2 miles extra for good measure. Up and down the hills of Ithaca, NY.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

But mostly the races I've done with Marj over the past 12 years...

It's no wonder everybody likes Henry.

It was 70o!  My 1st run---except for the Florida marathon--shirtless since...I have no idea.  Anyway--I had a good tempo run even with a 20 mph wind...in my face for half of it.  2 mile warmup--15:26.  9 mile tempo--1:00:00 (6:40 pace). 2 mile cool down--16:23.  Total 13 miles in 1:31:49.

Okay--I gotta go to bed.  See ya!