Masters Running

40s 50s 60s + On the Run - w/e 3/7 (Read 1348 times)

What about frthr? Ev, care to enlighten us?

Can't do frthr.  I can, howevr, do furthr.  What the heck was I thinkin'?

Did Leslie just call me a variant?

Arla.....Thanks for the Dreadful wind and the rain.  Haven't heard that song in ages.

Got a very nice 12 spot in this evening.  5 easy, 5 at tempo, 2 cool down.  Me and the running gods got a thang going on.

That's all folks.  Aint got nuthin' farthr to say......'cept where's ole Jim?

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Queen of 3rd Place

Ev - it ain't the runnin' gods, it's your consistency. I just scoped out your log and you've been one consistent runnr!

Ex runner

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

What's that old quote?  The gods help them that help themselves?  or something like that?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

jfa

I think Jim's out west, avoiding those "colorful" Californians. Speaking of California, thanks Arla, you just took me back to the Oakland Coliseum, circa 1978 or 79. Good concert with Jerry and the boys.

Leslie- the reds ones would be great on the road at night. Good visibility.

Can't do frthr.  I can, howevr, do furthr.  What the heck was I thinkin'?

Wow, can't believe my spell checker didn't catch that one Wink
            Progress Trumps Pefection

Queen of 3rd Place

I think Jim's out west, avoiding those "colorful" Californians. Speaking of California, thanks Arla, you just took me back to the Oakland Coliseum, circa 1978 or 79. Good concert with Jerry and the boys.

Leslie- the reds ones would be great on the road at night. Good visibility.

Heh. My master's thesis advisor looked just like Jerry Garcia. My PhD advisor looks just like Burl Ives! Maybe I have a thing for folk music icons.

Ex runner

Heh. My master's thesis advisor looked just like Jerry Garcia. My PhD advisor looks just like Burl Ives! Maybe I have a thing for folk music icons.

*snicker*

I slept the sleep of the dead last night.  I never sleep that good.  Hit my alarm at 5:00 - then promptly fell back to sleep until Wilson woke me up at 6:30.  Woke with a rager of a headache, fed the cats, laid back down - - and didn't wake up again until 8:00!  Needless to say, I was a tad late for work (suppose to be there at 9:00, made it by 9:15).  Guess I was a tired . . .   . . . . and didn't work out. 

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

Hi guys just got home 2 am last nite and trying to catch up. Great time snowshowing and skiing in RMNP. Then spent most of our CA time in a stuffy classroom with too much "gloom and doom" from some of the outlook speakers but learned what I think I neeed to know to navigate this farming year successfully. We did get one afternoon free and took to the foothills for a nice speed/hike trail run. Lynda was trailing me and not yet on the trail and I started off and turned back to look for Lynda tripped on a rock and took a nasty header into some some sharp rocks after I got my bearings I got up a bruised and bloody mess. Both knees, shins, elbows bloodied and bruised,  hyperextended thumb, one maybe broke finger tip with a blood blister on the end and both hands a bloody mess. Lynda caught up and thought I might be a little shocky but I took off anyway and seemed to feel bettter and got in five . Got to really hurting later midway so thought maybe we should turn back towards the hotel . By today my hands are still pretty swollen but think I lucked out with just some jammed joints and bruises and lascerations. I felt really embarassed old and clumbsy but was just an inattentive moment rather than lack of balance/age issue.

I will catch up with yall later....Congrats to Carol on her race, need to read her report.

We did have a nice supper one night at my fave PS resturant, Matchbox but our buds the couples we hang out with there didn't show at conference, but a nice time despite some a less than optomistic outlook from some of the best minds in production ag today.

PS i think we shock the Californians more than they shock us!

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Cripes, Jim!!!!  . . . . . . . . . . . got pictures???

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Queen of 3rd Place

Oh, Jim - OW! But - yeah we need pics Better to know about the upcoming storm than to get hit by surprise.

Leslie - not too surprised that you're completely bushed! Hope you're also eating well right now.

Ex runner

Bring on the bloody pictures......
                        But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
                          dang Jim.........but you finished your run.........more ba points!
                          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

jfa

Geez Jim- that must have been some sight for Lynda to behold. You probably look more like you visited South Central, instead of Palm Springs.

10 miles + Fight Club (1 hr) = PAIN.         (the good kind, not like Jim's)

Good night my friends.

flatland mountaineer

I washed up a bit on the trail with a water bottle, then this pic was taken after we stopped at the hotel bar for some "medicine". Some of my fingers are like little sausages, left thumb is swelled and am sporting some new purple today but could have been alot worse, no real injury.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Boy, Jim, you look like a real trail runner.   Also looks like there might be worse places to recuperate.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.