Masters Running

April 20--- Marathon Monday runs, spectating, and work out fun (Read 625 times)

Hall has been lurking here at RA, read your post Tramps, and took your advice to heart. Same can be said for Kara, why lead for the whole bleeping race, especially with the wind?? Tune is fine now,,,, wow I was worried

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

From all indications the Women's race was tactically slow. Perhaps the other competitors wanted Kara to lead, thus wearing her out so she wouldn't have so much closing kick (she is an Olympian at both 5K and 10K after all). Didn't see it though so this is just a guess ... Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Tramps

Hall has been lurking here at RA, read your post Tramps, and took your advice to heart. Same can be said for Kara, why lead for the whole bleeping race, especially with the wind??
        Oops, my bad. Tongue Goucher hung back for most of the race but she did sit up front--in the wind--for an awful long time towards the end. I don't pretend to understand elite strategies but Goucher's I can see; Hall, I found baffling. Who are you going to lose in the first 3 miles? C'mon we need some experienced runners to chime in with some analysis. PS. I will never in my life run a race at 1/100th the intensity of someone like Tune. Wow. ETA: Byll, slipped in before I posted. I think that's probably right and Goucher, perhaps knowing she didn't have the fast finish of others like Tune at the very end, went for the mid-distance push a little further out to try and lose them, I suppose. Tough loss, especially since the pace was so slow...slowest in nearly 30 years they said.

Be safe. Be kind.

King of PhotoShop

So far the pit crew at 20 miles has seen busiman, PBJ, Lou and bhearn go by. Our Alaskan sweetie unfortunately pulled out at the half. CNY is bringing her to the 20 mile aid station so she can watch and enjoy the race. As to the tactics of our American leaders I was a bit surprised, but we have a 3rd place in the mens and womens and I am pretty excited about that. Spareribs
          Tramps

Busiman: 3:04:22 ksrunr 3:18:46 Erika Sad

Be safe. Be kind.

Our Alaskan sweetie unfortunately pulled out at the half.
              Sad

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Renee the dog

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

King of PhotoShop

I give her credit for getting out and allowing the opportunity to come back and fight another day. It wasn't going well for her and she made a sensible choice. I did the same in '04 and it bugged me for a bit at the time but looking back it was the right thing. Spareribs
                  Tramps

I give her credit for getting out and allowing the opportunity to come back and fight another day. It wasn't going well for her and she made a sensible choice.
                    Absolutely. My buddy Lou's tracking at 40K for a possible PR! It's gonna be close!

Be safe. Be kind.

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

My friend, Seth, finished in 2:56:57. He's just a year older than the kid who's been texting me his mileage. Big grin Happy that Karin is with Erika! I love these people! Yay team!

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Tramps

Yay for WRFB/Lou! A PR 3:30:38 Woo hoo!

Be safe. Be kind.

dg.

12095 Kujawski, Robert 47 M Cutchogue NY USA Checkpoints 5k 10k 15k 20k Half 25k 30k 35k 40k 0:22:00 0:43:51 1:05:30 1:27:09 1:31:52 1:49:10 2:12:19 2:35:28 2:58:15 Finish Start Time Offset Pace Projected Time Official Time Overall Gender Division 00:30:20 0:07:11 3:08:13 2408 2271 211 20969 Langlois, Harriet H. 53 F Ijamsville MD USA Checkpoints 5k 10k 15k 20k Half 25k 30k 35k 40k 0:28:26 0:56:59 1:25:34 1:54:32 2:00:35 2:23:06 2:52:51 - - Finish Start Time Offset Pace Projected Time Official Time Overall Gender Division 00:02:35 0:09:18 4:03:39 - oops. double info. but it bears repeating!!!! a few others look mighty close to a BQ. I agree..... thanks Rose. Happy that Karin is with Erika! I love these people! Yay team! ((((((Erika))))) LIke Ribs said.. you get all the credit in the world for making a choice you needed to make. Just know it had to be a hard one. mta. Karin, thanks so much.
                            Posting from my phone after dropping Erika off at the 20 mile mark. She found me at 13 and we drove her to where Peter,TPFD,Alex, and Perch were stationed. While I was thrilled to meet Erika we agreed that this was not the best way. She did the exact right thing. I saw busiman, Aamos who was behind Bill Rodgers, and my buddies at the half. More later once we are home. Just wanted to say that Erika is okay even if bitterly disappointed. We all know she is a star.
                            wildchild

Carolyn

Glad Erika is OK but so sorry she had to bail on this one. Thanks for the update, Karin. Yay for WRFB! I keep hitting refresh on the results tracking page - I'm sure a bunch of you are doing the same! Big grin

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Tramps

I keep hitting refresh on the results tracking page - I'm sure a bunch of you are doing the same! Big grin
                                Yes, this race is exhausting. My mouse finger's getting sore. Big grin Henry's taken a big lead over Marj after the half. Hmmmm....hope Marj is okay. Isn't she usually the faster one?

Be safe. Be kind.