Masters Running

June 2019 Masters' Miles (Read 35 times)

an amazing likeness

May summary here.

Welcome to summer!  In addition to complaining about the heat...it is time to post those hard-earned and masterly-run June miles, race results and running achievements!  You ran, walked, cycled and swam 'em, let's hear about 'em.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

164.2 June miles for me, which is my highest this year  even with a shorter month.  1  ten mile race.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

TammyinGP

93.5 miles for me in June.

only notable running related thing for me is a crazy & wild Wild Rogue Relay weekend 

Tammy

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

67.5 miles in June.

best month in a long time

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

evanflein

167.5 for June, almost exactly the same as April. The month started out well but came to a crashing end with a whimper with that fall during the 10k on the 22nd. Still won my age group, but paying the price now. 

88 miles running & longest bike ride ever (67 miles!)

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Joe618

124.8 for me in June. 

And that photo, milktruck, has to be from the Sandhills Marathon in Nebraska...am I right??  With the pull-behind portapots and narrow, asphalt road??

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Quickadder

105.8 miles for June. One short 5K race that wasn't quite 3 miles but took me over 100 race miles this year.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

A measly 26.8 running, 271.4 cycling for YTD totals of 110.6 and 619.3 respectively. IOW, taking 6 months to run as far as I used to in one!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

pfriese

Thanks milktruck.

A good month of running for me with first time over 200 miles/month this year & a 1 AG in the Scorcher Half Marathon with a time of 1:47.

June total: 202.5 miles

Ytd: 828.2 miles

Paul

168.7 in June

YAY! 1/2 mile ahead of the monthly pace for 2019 in 2019!

BOO! doesn't make up for my slacking on other previous months!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

coastwalker

Thanks, Milktruck!

111 RW miles in June - my lowest monthly total this year. 1st place, RW div, at the Market Square Day 10K.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

SubDood

June:         201.9 miles

2019 YTD: 1349.3 miles

Sandhills Marathon, June 8th -- 5th OA. I got to hang out with MikeE and watch him take 2nd OA! Have I ever told you guys how much I enjoy running with Mike?

And that photo, milktruck, has to be from the Sandhills Marathon in Nebraska...am I right??  With the pull-behind portapots and narrow, asphalt road??

I believe that milktruck's photo is from the Sandhills Marathon that YOU ran, Joe. Due to flooding in the area this year, the re-routed Sandhills Marathon that Mike and I ran included this very cool bridge at miles 2 and 24:

sandhills2019

an amazing likeness

Gents -- it is from Sandhills, according to Google images; I just skimmed a few photos returned for a 'Sandhills Marathon' search and got a kick out of the towed porta-potties as a common-sense and creative solution.  It's an idea that could be monetized...upgrade your bib for $xx and a person will bicycle tow a personal porta-potty 10 yards behind you for the race.  Then the runner could sell access rights to her/his personal porta-potty to anyone nearby who seems in need.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Joe618

Thanks for confirming, milktruck.   And, subdood, I saw that very bridge you show from the highway just east of Valentine.   Very high over the Niobrara river.

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.