Masters Running

Wednesday Sleepy Runs (Read 484 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Good morning! 

Erika, I loved your pictures yesterday - and glad you like summers there, as your winters sound like no fun at all!

Sorry to hear Holly and Nono's kids are all having crabby days.  I think ice cream sounds like a good solution! And a nap.

After 5 days of rain, the sun is out today.  Looking forward to a lunchtime run.  Last night I only had time for 3 miles after work so I decided to run fast.  Also, it was a delightful 58° and overcast, and supposed to be warmer later in the week.  I can't run fast when it's warm. So I ran 3 miles in 28:14, for  a 9:25 avg pace.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

dg.

Bill, will do.  Smile

even my computer is crabby today.

Sue it's bound to be tough.  I'm glad you'll be with friends & a trail run sounds great.

(((Mary)))

Reading along and thinking of you all.  (YAY Erika and Peter --sounds a lot like what D. & I do running wise--wonderful pics, too).

Really busy here and trial tomorrow.

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles
          I missed what happened to Bill, too.  Hope everything's all right.

5.1 miles, 46:18, 9:03/mi, AHR 136 (70% MHR)

Still warm and sticky -- 90% humidity, 74° -- not complaining, though -- it's really nice to be here away from work.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

dg, it's neat that you met Steve last weekend.  We met him last year and it was great.  evan, it's nice that you've gotten in a couple of runs with your husband.  I hope he keeps it up.  Also, nice pictures.  teresa, it sounds like you had a tough, long, day and night.  I hope it was worth it.  Sue, a few years ago we ate at Lamberts.  Some friends had told us about it and when we saw the sign we had to stop even though it wasn't quite supper time.  The experience was well worth it.

Nice long runs for srlopez, PBJ (several), and Sue.

This morning, it was in the low 60s and almost calm.  I got in 5 miles in a bit over 49 minutes for a 9:49 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

King of PhotoShop

Bill, you okay or just post-marathon blues?  And stay away from dg.  I saw her first.

Everyone seems down in the dumps today.  Not me.

Track day!  I may have been premature to back off the pace last week.  I think I was just tired from the 20-miler I had done a few days before.  So today it was 3 x 800 and 3 x 1000, all at 8 min. pace with a 200 jog rest after each.  Did it all at 7:59 pace and got 8.5 total miles, followed by a flex session at the Y.  It's clear and crisp today. No humidity after last night's huge storms.  Now back to my real job.  Spareribs

evanflein

Not down in the dumps here! I'm thinking I'll not RAL and go to the Farmers' Market instead to look for seed potatoes. Everyone seemed to be out of the ones I want (All Blue, Kennebec, Chieftains and Shepody) so I'll see if I can find some there.

I want to get back my mileage so I'm thinking 7-8 today. Can't really do that at lunchtime anyway so it looks like a RAW is in order. I'll see if DH wants to start with me, we can run the first mile together then I'll go on ahead and we can meet up at the end.

Hey Amy! Running with DH has been great for me because it makes me be the pace-cop. He tends to try to go too fast, gets worn out or hurt and says it's too hard, then quits. So I'm working on keeping his pace down and it's been great training for me, the one who always goes too fast on recovery and easy runs. Last night I warned him about increasing pace on our return trip (slightly downhill) and that's when we agreed on the 3 minute run segments vs 2 on the outbound trip. I really hope he keeps with this...

My daughter is still alive after she told me to "Shut up" while we were all coloring. 

Nono - My brother told my mom to shut up one time - and only one time.  I never knew my mom's hand could move that fast.  Needless to say, it never happened again.

Holly - I think ice cream's the perfect fix to the crabbiness.  Well, at least it's a good excuse for one.

Erika - Loved the pictures!  Black cats are my weakness.

30 min of stationary cycling while finishing up "Dances With Wolves," then 1 hr of core/strength.  Started my new 6-week schedule in that respect.  I have two schedules I switched up every 2 weeks.  Keeps things from being boring and keeps the body a little confused.  Now my brain - that's seems to almost always be in a state of confusion.

Have a good one!

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Renee the dog

fattozig,  Yeah, well the State of NJ had me sign a paper twice saying I'd never use corporal punishment on my children (part of the adoption process).   But like most things in the Great State on NJ, corporal punishment isn't defined, at least on that paper I signed.

Anyway, as an unusual step, Bayside actually took a lunch hour so I did go running on the sand by myself. Weirdest run ever.  4 miles in fog lit by the sun.  Very confusing.  Couldn't see more than 1/10 a mile ahead, and as the beach is a bit over 1/4 mi wide, I had no idea where I was ever during the run.  Luckily, Mr. Garmin decided to be accurate, so my run ended on the beach with a nice 1/4 mi cool down walk home.  I ran a bow tie -- little bit south, little bit more north and then back to the starting point to head off the beach.  Luckily the big family gathering that was at the water edge at my street was still there at the end so I knew where to turn to head in.... Very weird sensation to happen upon folks very suddenly out of the fog. 

Good runs to everyone else today!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Nono - I can honestly say my brother and I never got a butt whippin' that we didn't heartily deserve.  Boy, did we get into some humdinger fights!  I think one of the worst punishments was one time my mom had had enough and she made us sit in chairs in opposite corners facing the walls.  We'd been there for probably half an hour or more when my poor dad walked through the door after working all day and an hour's drive home, and she said, "It's your turn to deal with them."  He took one look at us and told us that after dinner we'd be going straight to bed and that we were basically to keep our mouths shut.  He knew that the anxiety of sitting there, waiting for him to get home, was worse than getting a spanking, and it was!

The other punishment - having to give each a kiss and hug after fighting.  Yuck!

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

xor

My dad was not a fan of corporal punishment.  He'd always say that just before reminding me that he retired as a master sergeant... and then proceeding to the punishment phase.  Generally known as clobberin time.

Good times.

evanflein

My mom and dad never hit us. I can remember when I was pretty small and my mom was laying out patterns on fabric, pinning it down to cut, and I was jumping back and forth over it, having a grand time. She asked me to stop a couple times and I didn't (surprised?), so when I came down on the pattern and tore that thin paper, she took her measuring tape and thwacked me across the leg with it. The metal end cut my skin and started to bleed and poor mom just felt horrible. I remember tears in her eyes as she got me a band-aid. That freaked me out more than a spanking, I'm sure. Never did much pattern jumping after that.
                          stumpy77

Trails are hard!

A message for Amy--I know, I know, it's the wrong state, but it's close(r than Boston) and I couldn't remember which of the Dakotas you guys lived in when I copied it.  So I guess you can at least feel the Nation a little closer to you.

ND - Wednesday, 5/27/09 - 7:10 p.m.

WHAT: Red Sox at Twins Watch Party!

WHERE: The Old Chicago
                            2551 45th St. S, #101
                            Fargo, ND 58103

WHEN: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 7:10 p.m.

WHO: Hosted by RSN North Dakota Governor Bob Lever

and on the parental punishment subject, my mom had THE WOODEN SPOON, about 2 feet long, that was mentioned when discipline was required.  Can't ever remember her actually using it, though.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Erika, I liked the photos you posted yesterday!  Since DH lived near Copper Center, Alaska for four years, I showed them to him, pointing out what time you took them.  Amazing!

Mariposai

kneeling down in front of the family altar and praying  Hail Mary  7 times was enough punishment for us kids...no need for spanking.

Wildchild, great run yesterday! Hurray to the sunshine.

Time for a nap and then another training...I will never again agree to do two trainings in one day...what was I thinking?

Remember KeeMan!!!!!!!!!!!

go keeMan goooooooo!!!!!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard