Masters Running

Thursday OMG it's Almost Swimsuit Season! Weightloss Thread Week 4 (Read 490 times)

Well I guess I'll start this, even though I'M UP A POUND Dead And right here, on this public forum, I committed to being 130 by Memorial Day. Hmm. Can I lose 5 lbs by Monday's race? Undecided There seems to be cake everywhere here at work but tomorrow's the last day!!!!! Big grin Big grin Big grin How's everyone else doing????
    stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I'm going to come out of lurkdom and make my public forum statement, too. I always cheat and weigh myself at what should be the lowest possible time--after a run, with no extra anything, etc. So I don't normally run on Thursdays, but since I did today, I have a baseline. Right now, I'm at 190 and I would like to be down to 180-182 by the end of June. Not a huge amount, but it all appears to have landed on my midsection. I noticed that my belt buckle has become too far away from vertical. Wink

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Beginner all over again

Well I guess I'll start this, even though I'M UP A POUND Well I guess I'll start this, even though I'M UP A POUND
        So am I. Surprised Two steps forward, one step back. That's okay. It averages out to progress. Now I'm off to walk 2 miles and make good nutrition choices today Cool

I noticed that my belt buckle has become too far away from vertical. Wink
          Big grin Holding steady at 140, even with all the crap I ate over the weekend at Conference. Guess it was the cereal and yogurt for breakfast instead of eggs and potatoes. Tongue

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

I'm actually DOWN 1.5 lbs this week (total of 2 lbs from the start), in spite of my overzealous eating of the mexican-seasoned crockpot beef burrito meat last night. (I'm awful, I just dive right into the crockpot with a fork)....still, I went without the ice cream cone I would have otherwise had. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can hold this over the weekend.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Renee the dog

I can see 130 in my sights!!!!!! Not there yet, but geeze, this almost no booze and blender kick I'm on is working... On days I'm running, I do 1 blender drink. On a day I'm not, I might do 2 blender drinks or 1 with a carefullly planned lunch or dinner. One meal a day is a free-for-all. Not crazy -- no fried chicken or cupcakes -- but just a relaxing healthy meal with as much portion as I determine I need. I say "almost no booze" because I didn't realy want to enter the summer in abstinence mode. For goodness sakes, why live at the beach then? But I consider whether or not each drink is going to bring me enough pleasure that I'm willing to take on the calories. So far, one glass of wine and one beer has passed muster. I have passed off 2 glasses of wine after a sip 'cause I realized I wasn't going to enjoy it enough to keep the calories. Luckily, my spouse isn't also trying to lose weight. Big grin Anyway, I've decided that I can do the blender thing forever. If this is what it takes to get me enough fruits and veggies in my diet, along with helping get me to the right amount of protein without extra fat, so be it. It feels good to have finally gotten a grip on myself. Tongue

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

It feels good to have finally gotten a grip on myself. Tongue
                Good for you, Nono! Oddly, the more I work out, the more fit I become, the less I want to drink anything alcoholic. I don't like beer, and if I open a bottle of wine, it'll take me a couple of weeks to go through it. Our friends (The Hub) think I'm nuts, but I actually like not having a headache the next day. Go figure! (One little ole glass of wine will give me a thumper for almost an entire day.)

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

evanflein

I'm in the up a pound club. But oh well. With all the travel and eating I did last week, I'd be surprised at anything else, actually.

Marathon Maniac #957

I always cheat and weigh myself at what should be the lowest possible time--after a run, with no extra anything, etc.
                    Kevin! How can you get a baseline that way? Depending on how hot it is during your run, the amount of water weight you lose will vary considerably, and the amount you drink will vary as well. Come on, now. Weigh right after you get up, after you use the bathroom, in the buff. That will give you the most consistency.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #3309

Come on, now. Weigh right after you get up, after you use the bathroom, in the buff
                      Poor guy (smiles) Hot out - pool opens this weekend. I tried my bathing suit on...and I looked HAWT wimmin Would mention that I am the biggest loser weight wise this week (but not too proud of that) Pizza and beer - oops, wrong order - Beer and pizza tonight with my Doctor friend...that's his prescription that I need to follow. Oh yeah, we are running together tonight too...will be a good night. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

TammyinGP

Tim has reached my ideal weight. I think I hate him. Black eye Tongue kidding Tim . . . just Clowning around ing around.

Tammy

Hot out - pool opens this weekend. I tried my bathing suit on...and I looked HAWT wimmin
                          Please say it's not a Speedo! Shocked BTW - I like the doctor's orders, only I'll take the pizza and forgo the beer (never acquired a taste for the stuff).

Leslie
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

#artbydmcbride

Down another pound. Woohooo! Smile

Runners run

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

OK, OK. Tough crowd here. I'll weigh in again tomorrow. Of course, this means nothing for dinner Tongue Careful with the beer tonight, Timbo--if you've eaten that little for this week, you're going to be a pretty cheap date. Wink Sausage (chunks-not slices) and green peppers sounds good for a start.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Tim has reached my ideal weight. I think I hate him. Black eye Tongue kidding Tim . . . just Clowning around ing around.
                                LOL Tampster. I dated this gal a few years back (we were close enough she would spend the night occasionally) Sometimes I would wake up in the morning and switch our jeans and I would put her's on, and they fit me better than they did on her (even hip huggers)....she hated me for that, hehe. I might have gotten down to 148 pounds, but I will be back up to around 155 soon enough. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!