Masters Running

WEEKLY RUNNING & X-TRAINING GROUP w/e 05/02 (Read 475 times)

Pain is temporary.  It may last a minute, an hour, a day, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place.  If I quite, however, it lasts forever. (Lance Armstrong)

Have a great week, dudes and dudettes.

Eliz - 5.6 miles calf troubles, moving, sinus infection.

Evryday - 29.2 running miles including the OKC Memorial  Marathon.

Shadowrunner - 25.7 miles, 790 push-ups, 1.25 hrs core, 2.5 free weights

Dutchie -56km/34.79 miles running, upper body 3x, lower body 2x, abs 3x, + lots of stretching my butt

Nono - 17 miles running, 25 min yoga, 10 min slideboarding

Evanflein - 50.3 miles run, including Boston PR of 3:32:33, at least 7 miles walked, but a lot not measured

pfriese - 43.8 miles running, 784 pushups

Stumpy - 16.1 miles running, 1 hr pump class, 2 hrs basketball

fatozzig - 13.75 miles running, 60 min stationary biking, 2.10 hrs core/strength, 6+ hrs yard work

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mon - 3+ miles or 30+ min; core/strength ---------------------- Rest (after 6+ hrs of yard work on Sunday)

Tues - 5 miles --------------------------------------------------------- 5.5 miles in 53:02 and rain, rain, rain

Wed - 3+ miles or 30+ min; core/strength --------------------- 3.80 miles, 1 hr core/strength

Thurs - Rest

Fri - 3+ miles or 30+ min; core/strength ------------------------ 30 min biking; 30 min strength/core (small amt of legs)

Sat - 10-12 trail miles ------------------------------------------------ 10.36 trail miles in about 2.5 hrs

(nutritional breakdown at M9)

Sun - Rest --------------------------------------------------------------- 4 hours of yard work

Totals: 9.3 road miles, 10.36 trail miles, 30 min biking, 1.5 hrs core/strength

I have to say, it feels really weird to not be training for something right now.  Nothing on deck until SOB in July.  I feel like I'm drifting.  Hard to stay focused with no close goal.

Leslie
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

evanflein

Yeah it can be hard to figure out a plan, when you have no plan. Just maintain, and use this time to catch up on stuff you let slide during training. That's my plan, anyway.

Monday: 1.8 mile walk at lunchtime, not much else today

Tuesday: 6.2 miles run, .3 mile walk after work

Wednesday: 7.3 miles run with a good hill at the end, .2 mile walk c/d

Thursday: 5.5 miles run (8:22 avg pace), .3 mile walk c/d

Friday: Total rest day, complete with burgers and a movie

Saturday: Chena River Run 5k race with .5 mile warm up and 3.2 miles after for 6.8 for the day

Sunday: 11.5 miles run, didn't get to do my walk cool down cuz DS2 was done with soccer early and ready to go home. Lots of housecleaning before my run, though!

Totals: 37.3 miles run and 2.6 miles walking.

Dutchie42

No running for me this week at all.

I've just been diagnosed with retinal detachment in my R-eye and will have a procedure done shortly.

I'm not allowed to run for a while. Don't know how long yet. I'll keep you guys posted!

Put a run in for me you guys.

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie.....was this a sudden occurrance or something that has happened ovr time?  The procedure will go well and you'll be back to your runs and workouts in no time, I'm sure. 

Mon.....easy walking

Tues...easy walking

Wed....easy walking

Thurs...easy walking

Frid.....3miles

Sat.....3miles

Sun....3miles

Thanks fatozzig!

MTA.....totals from last week.....29.2 miles running.....marathon pr

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
            shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Leslie:  Thanks for starting us off.

Dutchie:  So sorry to hear.  Good luck with surgery.  Hope it doesn't keep you down for too long. 

Mon:  15 min core excercise: 150 push-ups, 3 sets of abds and pull-ups, mild stretching.  PM- 1 hour Free weights UB some LB

Tue: 15 min core excercise: 160 push-ups, 3 sets of abds and pull-ups, mild stretching, Easy short run after work, 3.57 miles @ 8 min pace.

Wed: 15 min core excercise: 160 push-ups, 3 sets of abds and pull-ups, mild stretching, Afternoon - 45 mins UB free weights, Evening - interval run  4 X 800 m intervals with 1600 warm-up,.400 m recovery, 800 m cool down. total mileage 4.23 miles.  interval pace 7- 7:30 min/mile.

Thur:  15 min core excercise: 150 push-ups, 3 sets of abds and pull-ups, mild stretching, PM 4.5 miles after work, 8:14 pace.

Fri: Rest day - did absolutely nuthin.

Sat: 10 min core work-out/warm-up. 100 push-ups 2 sets of abds.  Followed by 10 mile run @ 8:25 pace. 

Sun: 10 min core work-out/warm-up 110 push-ups, 2 sets of abds, 1 set of pull-ups; mild stretching.  4.6 mile run @ 8:09 pace.  70F and humid. 

total mileage 27 miles; push-ups 830 push-ups; 1 hr 20 min core excerscise. 1.75 hrs free weighs.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

evanflein

Dutchie, are they doing the laser zap thing to mend it? My boss had that done awhile ago and he was off running for a few weeks, but healed up uneventfully. Amazing procedure, if that's what you're having. Good luck with that!

{{Dutchie}} Just read your update. Hope it all turns out well... and yeah, I'm thinking your relay needs to find a new runner.

Dutchie42

Erika: no, no lasering unfortunately.

Yesterday was filled with doctors, examinations etc. I started at my family doctor. He called the eye surgeon at our local/regional hospital. Spent about nearly 3 hours there. Then the eye surgeon determined the retinal detachment was too severe and they didn't have the expertise to deal with it and I was sent to the teaching hospital in Amsterdam (which is way better than our local hospital).

After another couple of hours they determined there was a horse shoe shaped tear in the retina at the side of my nose and a lot of fluid had leaked behind the retina loosening it near my nose and the bottom of my eye. Now it hasn't torn completely loose and I still have a 100% vision. However, be cause of the severity, lasering is not an option.
                  Today at noon I have to go back to hospital and have the procedure done at 2PM. I will have local anesthesia (they inject it behind my eye). Then they'll first drain the fluid behind the retina. This will let the retina rest agains the wall of the eye again. Tthen use a kind of freezing method to close the tear. They then inject a gas into the eye that will keep the retina in place. The gas will disappear over time (but I'm not allowed to fly for 6 weeks, not that I had any plans anyway ). By then, the retina will have attached to the wall of the eye again. After the procedure I need to stay on my left side for as much as possible.

I have a high negative myopia (I think that's what it's called in English, I'm nearsighted) which has an increased risk of a retina detachment as I get older. Something to do with less flexibility of something in the eye. So there was nothing I could have done to prevent this.

I'm actually not too worried. They know what it is, they'll fix it and I'll be good as new in a few weeks

BUT... no running for at least 3 weeks, and no Roparun

I haven't spoke to the retinal surgeon yet, yes, there's actually such a doctor. If he says the same thing, then I guess that's the end of the Roparun.

Dutchie
                  Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie - Sorry to hear about the eye, but very happy it seems to be an "easy" fix.

Erika - I'm concentrating on strength training over the next couple of weeks.  I'm hoping this will help my leg strength for hill climbing.  Wish I could be like my buddy, Karen.  She's a damm goat when it comes to climbing hills.  It's definitely not my strong point.  I have her on the downs, though.

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Monday - it was pouring, I was sleepy, so rest

Tuesday - ran 3.1 in beautiful low-50s, light breeze sunshine

Wednesday - ARGGGHHHH!!  I think I'm getting the flu.  And I'm supposed to leave for Phoenix on Friday!

Thursday - sinuses still a mess; at school until 8 p.m., so power-packing for the weekend was my XT

Friday - in transit all day from PHL to PHX; serious, side-splitting laughter at dinner with a bunch of new friends as XT

Saturday - 45 minute hike in the mountains next to the hotel in Phoenix - bliss; plenty of time to run when I get home

Sunday - another 45-minute hike on a less-steep trail - I even jogged a little bit;  stamina was such that I stopped to take photos rather than to catch my breath  

Certainly not breaking any running mileage records, but it was a pretty awesome week.

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Renee the dog

Hi all!

Actual 
                         M  sick
                         T  rest
                         W  ran 5 mi, 10 min stretch, 10 min slideboard, 25 min yoga
                         T  
                         F  
                         S  

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

pfriese

Thanks Leslie,

M: no running, 116 pushups

T: 5 miles easy running, 117 pushups

W: 8 miles easy running, 118 pushups

Th: no running, 119 pushups

F: no running, 120 pushups

Sa: 5K race with wu/cd, 121 pushups

Su: 17.1 miles running, 122 pushups

--------------------------------------------------------------

Total: 34.3 miles running, 833 pushups

Paul