Masters Running

Tuesdaily 5-8-18 (Read 38 times)

Starting us off.   Happy Birthday (53rd) FalconFixer!  Sounds like a good day.

Have a coffee meeting (well, tea for me) this morning so have to rush.   2.5 outside miles.  Pain in butt but rest of leg felt pretty good.  Pain might be from the doc and the ART.

2.5 treadmill miles so 5 for the day.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

coastwalker

Mornin' KSA and the rest.

Sorry about the butt pain, KSA. Roll it?

Monday’s workouts:
      RunnerKSA (3.1 sunny morning miles in 56° temps + 2 post-work TM miles)
      Tramps (5 morning miles)
      Pfriese (EZ 6 miles)
      Catwhoorg (5 meh lunchtime miles)
      C-R (5.7 lunchtime X-C miles)
      Holly (1 EZ recovery mile)
      Twocat (gym workout)
      Bioguy (EZ 5 post-marathon miles)
      Evanflein (1 mile lunchtime walk)
      Mike (9 miles including  2X3 strength miles)
      Falconfixer (early 5.3 miles with the running group)

Happy Anniversary, Catwhoorg!

Happy 53rd birthday, Falconfixer - sounds like a good celebratory start to the day.

Great photo of the Triumphant Troika of the Trails (thanks, Tramps), and Catwhoorg’s kids. Sorry, Tet, your photos didn’t come through.

I went 7.1 RW miles in very, very dense fog and 43° temps this morning, and a little later walked 2 more miles to meet DW at our favorite dive for breakfast.

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Sees-the-Ground

barefootin'

Breakthrough workout, been trying to hit 12 minute pace on 6 mile route.

6 miles today at 11:41, average HR 126  

Bill Wagnon / stl

Quickadder

Early morning easy 5.7 miles with DD.

Falconfixer, belated birthday wishes. Pleased to hear that you met up with Marshrunner & Warrior Princess from RW days. Are you still in contact with Bosn?

Jay, thanks as always for the daily summary. My comment Sunday regarding the 'elderly couple' was more from the angle that I don't see myself as elderly, especially when I'm running.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Tramps

22 cycling miles on a stunningly beautiful morning.

Be safe. Be kind.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

22 cycling miles on a stunningly beautiful morning.

Hadn't noticed--did the Caps win last night?   I'm in "just wait until next year" mode for hockey.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Falconfixer happy belated birthday!

Mike E that is a tiring workout! Not the running thing the playing catch part. 

tomwhite if it is good banana pudding it might make the whole jury duty thing worthwhile.

I put in an hour on the elliptical this morning. Then drove to the office for my final day of class for the semester!!!!! Now back to writing code.

In case it slipped your mind, join the Rosie Ruiz Fan Club for this year's Reach the Beach Relay on September 14 and 15! We need you!!! We are not looking for speed. Just a group to throw a 30 hour party with in a couple of vans. So join today! Just send me a message via the RA messaging system and I will get back to you. If you have my regular email or prefer sending a Facebook personal message that is fine too. I can guarantee you will have a great time. That or you are clearly in need of psychiatric help!  Remember the sooner you sign up the less you pay!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Happy Belated Birthday, Falconfixer!!

Nada for me this morning, but my marching orders are for an EZ 2-mile wog after work.

Enjoy ~~

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Happy Belated Birthday, Falconfixer!!

+1

DD's lacrosse team won last night 7 - 4, and DD got 3 of the goals - very fun to watch.  Unfortunately, some of the parents on the other team were very vocal in negative ways for most of the game, and especially so when one of their team got hit in the head with a lacrosse stick by one of our girls when they were both trying to get the ball.  Honestly, you have a bunch of girls running around waving sticks at a ball and quite regularly someone gets hit in the head.  No one is doing it on purpose.  But the parents on the other team behaved as if it was an assassination attempt.  

Rest day for me today.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

. . . Unfortunately, some of the parents on the other team were very vocal in negative ways . . .

Which is one of the reasons when The Hub was recently asked if he would be interested in returning to coaching to coach American Legion Baseball, he declined.  The other reason - he spent 41 consecutive summers on a baseball field.  He's done.

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

...Happy B'Day falconfixer

and

Happy anniversary to Catwhoorg

===============

skipped the Banana Pudding after Grand Jury

(we''true billed''

some Sick Stuff..........the details killed my appetite)

..........30-min ARC trainer......decided to concentrate on Leg Work,

(operative leg's calf

is smaller than other leg for some odd reason)

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

C-R

Happy birthday FalconFixer

Managed 3.1 and not sure how. Been working the voting polls since 5am (ended at 7pm). I'm too old for burning the candle at both ends and the middle.

Night all.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Just stopped in to say hi.  And to congratulate Tramps on a nice Caps victory.  I hope the Wild players watched those games to see how hard you have to work to actually win a series.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, thank you for the birthday wishes.  4 running miles after work....along with another 3+ miles walking.  Not sure if the knee is improving or not.

As for the soon-to-be new unit I'll be transferring to....I'm still scoping the breadth and depth and ... well .... wow.

Tramps, as a Pittsburgher I shouldn't have laughed...but that is a funny .gif.

Quickadder, as a matter of fact; yes.  He is on Strava.  Still swimming, biking and running.

Have a great night everyone!

Mariposai

Another quick post.

Happy anniversary  Catwhoorg

Happy Birthday FalconFixer

Holly, great job on the marathon this weekend! I hope to be there next year.

I did a 5 miler today after work in hot 80F, loving it!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard