Masters Running

Wednesday daily run reports for June 16th (Read 525 times)

Good morning!

My turn to get us rolling for the day.

Speaking of rolling, thunderstorms were rumbling and rolling for a big portion of yesterday afternoon and evening.   They didn't settle into one area, but seemed to come and go, only to come back for another short burst of rain and lightning.    Definitely a funny system.    Unfortunately it did little for breaking the humidity.

I still managed to get in 5.4 miles, albeit in two short runs as I avoided being out during the storms.

I see that Evan is now running at "speeds" that I can handle.   Her run last night of 5 miles without the Garmin was from 8:06 when she left and when she got back the clock said 6:48.  Now I COULD keep up with you at that pace Erika.     (Don't you love friends who are here to catch every typo?....LOL).

Does that mean that "Touchdown Jesus" finally "scorched"?

Hope everyone has a GREAT day......we are anxious to hear about it.

Joey

Vista

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning Joey!!   Good to see you managed to avoid the storms - wouldn't want the same thing happening to you that happened to Touchdown Jesus!

I love Wine-a-bee's new name!    I almost had a glass of wine last night, I sure could have used it.

I worked outside last night for about 1.5 hours pulling weeds, trimming, etc. and that was just in our big center island.  I found an old rusty cultivator at a barn sale over the weekend that I wanted to get out there.   Tonight I attack a few more areas. 

Brinkley and I were up and out for 5 kind of ugly miles.   I think the 100% humidty got to me today, so many walk breaks were taken, but somehow I maintained a 10:30 pace (not that THAT is all that great!).   I think I lost 5 pounds in sweat too.     Various crunches and push ups too .....

Happy Hump Day!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

I look my best blurry!

Wine-a-bee has a nice ring to it!  I'll think about it while I run this am.  I'll let you know what I decide when I get back.

Vista-my husband points out all my typos on RA.  It drives me crazy.  I probably wouldn't mind if you were my editor!  He will show up in this group eventually.  

Good morning everyone. Are y'all as sick of the rain and thunderstorms as I am? A town close to mine got 4 1/2 inches of rain yesterday. In one day. I just cut the grass Sunday and it already looks like it hasn't been cut for 2 weeks.

Nice sweaty workout this morning Mary. Can you post the puppy pictures  you were talking about yesterday?

Glad your DS is recovering well, Wineabe. His color looks almost back to normal. Hopefully your life will also get back to "normal" with all of this behind you.

Slo - we need some before and after pictures of the remodeling you're doing on your new home. Can you still commute to work on your bike from your new location?

I have the utmost respect for Sue after spending the last 4 days using the eliptical. I miss running  

Mariposai

Good monirng gang. I just stop by to see how the wine-a-be's son is doing post-surgery this morning.

BTW, just be careful when  you ask for an editor...you just may luck out and get the meanest one , but int the writing world ...the meanest editors are the best, I have been told.

Off for a run. Be back shortly

editing to add 6 miles of sloow running. I was glad I was able to run today, so will the boys in the house.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

...jyllne//.......yep, we're sick of the rain too, and more coming today////

.......hiking in about and hour,

if we rain-out

will go Pistol Shooting at a TargetRange instead.......

(natural go-togethers)

..........22min poolrun last night,

no one dissolved so I gues the Chemically Imbalanced Pool had calmed down....

.................good running guys........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

JLynne - I too am tired of the rain, gray skies, bugs and the humidity that goes with it all.    I'm proud of you for your hard work on the elliptical!

Since I've had a few requests here are a couple of the pictures I got yesterday:

~Mary

~unknown

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Spent last night at our camp in Maine and did a little bit of floor cross-scraping with a firend from work.  after that , we took a paddle out to the island cabin which we hadn't opened yet.  And discovered that we won't be opening for a while yet.  a loon has built her nest on shore exactly where the stairs to the porch would normally be.  I only had my cell for pictures so I hope to get them off and see how they came out.  Very neat to see, but it probably means we won't be able to open till after the 4th.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

Wannabe – I’d love to run with you, but I don’t think I could keep up with you...

Erika – as hot as it’s been lately, it’s not cooling down at night much.  The concert evening was low-80’s, high 70’s at the end – very warm.

Enke – I’m glad you stepped up to the plate and did what needed to be done.  We can’t have anyone wasting good wine...

Jlynne – never believe the scales at the gym....

Mary – love the pics!  Which puppy was that?

6 slow and easy recovery miles for me today in 73° and 85%.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

lamerunner

Good morning.  8 miles this morning, reasonably strong, plus some light abs work.  I should figure out some race plans so I have some better focus...

Last few days of school. DS' last day of elementary school is Friday, sniff, sniff.  Onward and upward I guess.

Car is getting new tires today; body work is next. .. and trying to avoid those vicious parked cars.

wannabe, hope your DS is healing. I am a bit of a wino too...

Good runs to all!

Morning, gang!

Vista - thanks for the kickoff - nice job!

{{{{jjlynne}}}} - hang in there - you'll be back to running soon!

Hey Tom White - what's your pistol of choice??

Mary - thanks for the pics!!

Kristen - glad your son is doing well - he's a lucky young man!

I only did 20 minutes on the elliptical this morning - just a warm up for the hour of core work and weights.  I attended  an interesting seminar yesterday - focused on the aging runner.   The speaker had some good points.  He's certified in gait analysis and his lab is within easy driving distance.  I'm thinking seriously about setting up an appointment with him in the near future.

We've dodged the rain so far this week, but I think our luck will end this evening - oh well, the tomatoes can use some water.   DH was putting out the hummingbird feeder after refilling it this weekend, and the hummingbirds couldn't wait until he hung it back up - they ate while he was still holding it.  He was so happy. 

Good runs all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Sue - only 20 minutes.....that is probably all that I could do on one of those things!    That gait analysis sounds really interesting.   I hope you do it!

Holly - that is Hank (now Finnegan).   I had him the longest and bonded with him.   I asked if I could have him back, but they said no.  Sad

~Mary

~unknown

Slo

Slo - we need some before and after pictures of the remodeling you're doing on your new home. Can you still commute to work on your bike from your new location?

I've taken some before and during pictures........at my current rate the after pictures might be awhile. I only get a couple of hours each evening........It's been slo going.

My next few weekends aren't looking real productive either.

Anyway.....A Triple Nickle run for me this morning. Garmin reads 5.55 miles. Nice run......we have sun !

I agonized over what to do with my golf clubs before we moved. They have hung in the rafters for 5 years....used only once. I sold them to my neighbor knowing full well I would probably regret it. Cut to the chase.....I had to call him last night to see if I could borrow them for a mandatory attend golf outing to meet our new plant manager.

Wannabe......Your DH could have a hay day editing my post. As far as I concerned....Forum does not equal Formal but proper spelling, grammer etc. AIN'T a bad practice.....

Run

SteveP

I do wish this program hab speel chek....

1.5 wet ones with the soggy doggy.

SteveP

Dave59

Weather is not too bad here on the east side of Michigan.  A little rain overnight, but a breezy, 63° during my run this morning.  3 miles again.  It felt good and my calf is ready for more, but I slept in and then had to carry a bunch of trash down to the road so 3 is all I had time for.  During my vacation I cleaned out my office and a couple closets so I had bags of junk piling up in the garage. 

I use Firefox browser with the spell check option on, otherwise my posts would be pretty bad.  At lease I catch 90% of my errors as I type with this set-up. I have a hard time typing words with the letters in the correct sequence.