Masters Running

Monday 10/26 recoveries of all kinds (((Baby Will))) (Read 412 times)

dg.

'morning everyone.

Morning Deb. Thanks for the hugs. Up at 4:30 to get in 5 miles before we head down to Milwaukee for Will's surgery. When I went to church yesterday, I asked God to "scrub in."

We'll be leaving in a few minutes. I know this is going to go well...

God will be there Jlynne.  Many prayers have been said from all over or more to follow.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Slo

A prayer for Baby Will.......

Many happy miles wished to everyone this week.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Thinking of you today Jlynne as well as Baby Will and his parents.  

Rest day for me.  Another rainy Monday, but I'm not going to let it get me down. 

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Thoughts of strength and hope for Baby Will

6.6 miles ---no watch and easy pace. Feeling good. 37/38º and bright sunshine

push-ups/sit-ups/planks and various flex and strength stuff beforehand

Check out the end of yesterday's daily folks. Go Walt! Nice racing on the Cape!

Congrats to Tim and pfriese as well!

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

{{{healing vibes and prayers for little Will}}}

Some excellent racing over the weekend, including Timbo, Walt.RB and Pfriese – looking forward to the RRs.

Resuming my x-training again, but having taken several weeks off, I didn’t want to jump right into the full weights workout, so I decided to revisit the free Exercise On Demand station on our cable network, which offers a selection of app. 10-minute videos.  Today I did Glutes and Thighs, 6-pack Abs, and Bikini Abs.        Plus 3 miles on the TM @ 10:00, followed by lateral raises, shoulder presses, glute raises, push-ups, leg lifts w/ankle weights, face-up and face-down, and 4 chin-ups, separately. 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

#artbydmcbride

{{{Baby Will}}}

Runners run

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

ditto {{{baby Will}}}

Nuthin

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

My thoughts are with Baby Will and family

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Marathon Maniac #957

Where's Nono?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

dg.

Where's Nono?

I've been wondering the same thing!  

TammyinGP

sending my prayers for Will, the family, the doctors, the nurses .

today is typically my 'do nothing day' but with the clocks changing this coming weekend, I think I might have to take advantage of still having daylight when I get home from work and take the dogs for a walk at least.

Tammy

evanflein

I was wondering about Nono myself just yesterday. Funny how this group sends out "pings" over the ether...

Thinking about baby Will today, and his very nervous parents and grandma.

Walt, that's a wonderful time, can't wait to hear the RR...

{{Mrs. Pankowski}} Never a dull moment, huh dear?

I did absolutely nothin' yesterday. Well, nothin' of the exercise variety. So feel compelled to do something today. I hate "rest" days. I'm up 3 lbs and don't really think I went overboard on eating OR the salty stuff. But when I don't do some sort of workout, I just seem to get all out of balance. My DH can go for days without working out (weeks?... oops did I say that?) and it doesn't seem to make any difference.

wildchild

Carolyn

I think Nono went to Disney, but she oughtta be back by now?

Best wishes to Baby Will, his parents, grandparents, and surgeons.

Erika, my DH is the same way!  Maybe you just notice a few pounds on yourself more than you notice it on someone else.

This morning it was 11° when I left the house, and there were winter driving conditions in the canyon with all the snow from yesterday.  Hardly any snow down in the flatlands, though, and the sun is shining,so I'm planning a trail run at lunchtime, when it should be up to the mid-40's.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.