Masters Running

Tuesday Nov 12 (Read 40 times)

mrrun

Hey - where are all these folks out at j o'clock and doing the wrap-up?

Neither of the above for me, but ((Tammy and family))

Out for 3 hilly miles pre-weather.

Have a greta Tuesday!

marj

Thanks, marj.  Everyone is trying to stay warm!   Light dusting of snow for us and very, very cold.   3.1 treadmill miles and now I'm "running" late.  Catch y'all later.

Tammy- I'm so sorry.  It is never easy to say goodbye to our beloved animal friends, even when they are old.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Tramps

Thanks for the start, Marj.

Tammy--sorry about the loss.

Steve--I like "OK Boomer" precisely because it's such a gentle take-down.

SurlyBill—that SNL skit is a classic. Kenan Thompson is great and gets the best line: “I’m Gen X. I just sit on the sidelines and watch the world burn.”  I wonder, though, if the real push may come from Gen Z (who really shouldn't trust anyone over 30), some of whom are angry...

....very angry.

Unlike KSA, our blast of cold air is not due until a little later today but the wind and rain are already here so I think it's gonna be a rest day.

Be safe. Be kind.

Dave59

I was in the office yesterday and didn't do anything. And nothing today either. Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things tomorrow.

We got an inch+ of snow overnight. It looks good. Normally I wouldn't pass up the chance to run in the snow but I wasn't feeling it this morning.

We move in 10 days and there is stuff everywhere. I am trying give away or throw away as much as possible but it comes to a point where I may just pack things and throw more away while unpacking. Too many decisions slow down the packing.

Beyond just scaling down I try to ask myself if I want my kids to have to sort through something when I am gone. That has me tossing a lot of stuff. We just (majorly) downsized 4 years ago but the new place has less storage space than here and I am determined not to rent a storage space.

Dave59

I wonder, though, if the real push may come from Gen Z (who really shouldn't trust anyone over 30), some of whom are angry...

There is reason to be dissatisfied about things, but some of these folks need to get a grip on reality, put on their big boy or big girls pants, and just work on what they don't like.  A few decades ago or so, rivers were burning (Buffalo, Cuyahoga), neighborhoods were abandoned because of toxic chemicals (Love Canal), beaches on the Great Lakes were closed because of sewage, cities were smog filled and not safe to be out breathing. There were some schools and careers that were almost impossible for women and minorities to get access to.

Yes, there are environmental and social justice issues, but we've come a long way baby, so suck it up, do something besides yell and march, and fix it.

mrrun

Beyond just scaling down I try to ask myself if I want my kids to have to sort through something when I am gone. That has me tossing a lot of stuff. We just (majorly) downsized 4 years ago but the new place has less storage space than here and I am determined not to rent a storage space.

Been there, done that. we moved 2 years ago to a place with less storage and different design so threw out lots.  2 years later, I'm now getting rid of stuff we haven't looked at/ used in 2 years - trip to Boomerangs this morning (our local AIDS Action organization)

..yeah,

we lucked out on the Snow, most of it got dumped before or past the Plateau,,,

pretty cold (20s)

but

my buddy from Minnesota and I are gonna give it a shot at 10:00

What could possibly go wrong??

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

I had to Google "OK Boomer" to see what you all were talking about....

Leslie - that would drive me crazy.  A few weeks ago I had a client send me an email with 60+ attachments (bank statements).  Fortunately I was able to forward it to a file clerk and have her print them all and then scan them in batches.  So much for saving the trees.  But there is no way I could send that on to the Medicaid caseworker without making an enemy....

DH had to get up at 4:30 to drive to Indianapolis to take a class.  I got up and fed the dogs, then went back to bed when DH left.  I should have gotten up at 5:30, but the bed was so warm and cozy....so I did some core and squats and started the shoulder exercises I am supposed to do, but that is all I had time for.  I am hoping to have enough energy after work to get some sort of workout in.

We got about 4" of snow last night.  Supposed to get down to 11 degrees tonight, which will set a record.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tramps

Yes, there are environmental and social justice issues, but we've come a long way baby, so suck it up, do something besides yell and march, and fix it.

LOL!

Is a Boomer allowed to say, "OK Boomer"?

Be safe. Be kind.

Henrun

2.1 mile run on the same hills as Marj did.

I’m not a hoarder but, there are some tough decisions on what to get rid of. Our kids will have fewer decisions to make when we’re gone.

(((Tammy)))

dnaff

Awoke to 6 degrees above with a windchill of 7 below.   amazingly, a town 30 miles west of here was at -24!  We've broken a lot of records yesterday and today.  And we've already received 30% of our usual winter snow.  And, seems to me, winter should actually be another 5 or 6 weeks away.

The dog and I picked our way across the ice for 1/2 mile.  She wasn't enjoying it and neither was I. (bundled up like the abominable snowman).  I had visions of her tearing an ACL and was seeing veterinarian dollar signs.

I found a youtube video for post snow shoveling yoga yesterday - actually 5 or 6 of them.  And they must've worked because no soreness today.  More  yoga on tap and then my shift at St Vincents.  Working the financial assistance desk today.

Tammy, so sorry about your pup.  They bring us so much joy and it seems impossible when they are gone.

Dave, congrats on the downsizing.  It's a constant struggle here.

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Thanks for the start, Marj. "Hi" everyone else.

We have a niece (age 22 or so) who is very passionate about environmental and social/economic justice issues. We have some very interesting conversations. She has a "I want it all right now" and so is a bit frustrated that things tend to take a bit more time, especially when not everyone is on the same page. It'll be interesting to see how she works to get what she wants, and how her perspective will change (if at all) over time. She's spent too much time (in my opinion) crying out about all the injustices on Facebook, which accomplishes less than nothing.

I also need to start clearing out cabinets and the basement, but haven't gotten a round toit yet. Maybe a good winter project?

Tammy, I am also sorry for the loss of your dog. Cherish the memories.

I got out at 4 for my workout this morning. I realized that I had left my Garmin elsewhere, and so went nekkid today, covering about the same ground as yesterday (but in the opposite direction) so I'd know how far I went. The cold hasn't arrived here yet (schedule to start moving in later this afternoon), but it was still 34° with a persistent mist. I mostly racewalked, but also ran some, and even walked a little. 6.3 miles. Then BWB (breakfast with the boss), and an 8:45 meeting.

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

anneb

Morning all.

Tammy - so sorry for your loss. It's always so hard.

Record lows this AM (8F, but felt like -8F), and I think we will have record low high temp for the day as it's not supposed to go much above 20. Bright sun out there today though... it's just freezing cold.

4.5 miles on the TM for me. I'm thinking I'll be there again tomorrow but by Thursday AM it should be closer to ~25. Although the roads are a mess (for running). Hoping that the bright sun and people driving will actually melt some of the frozen stuff. It starts to get warmer by weeks end and surely our snow will melt before we have any more, but temps are still way below normal. I shouldn't be looking forward to 40's yet...

Dave - good for you for getting rid of stuff. I'm trying to be better about doing it all the time. This summer and fall, I got rid of a lot of stuff that I hadn't worn/used since we've been in our house (over 7 years). We have a lot of storage but that doesn't mean we should keep all the things! Also when we got new living room furniture this year we donated the old, plus a few other big items to ReStore.

Anne

I need to do a big clean out of my kitchen cupboards.  We have so many dishes we don't, and won't, ever use.  The other big thing is our attic.   Stuff got shoved up there when we moved in 20 years ago and it hasn't seen the light of day since.  We also have a TON of Christmas decorations up there that should be sorted through and donated.  The odds of us putting up a Christmas tree in the near future are slim to none as long as we have cats that like to mark, let alone putting up a 10-footer like we used to.  I'm guessing at least half of it can go away.

Nothing for me today.  Don't know if I will.  I ended up with bad cramps in my shins in the middle of the night, and our old guy Ziggy causing a ruckus.  I figured out the cramps are from the elliptical.  I'm guessing I need to back off the upper levels.  As for Ziggy - he's just old. 

Enjoy ~~

Image result for happy tuesday pictures funny

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

and so went nekkid today,

Hmmm, seems a bit cold for that, but hey, who am I to judge?  

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."