Masters Running

Thank you from the bottom of this ole heart of mine! (Read 575 times)

King of PhotoShop

Congratulations! On behalf of Twin Cities In Motion and the Medtronic Foundation, it is our pleasure to inform you that you have been selected to be a 2010 Medtronic Global Hero.

The Medtronic Global Heroes program was started four years ago to celebrate runners like you who, with the help of medical technology, have continued to lead a full, active life. Your story stood out among more than 150 applicants. This year, you'll join 24 other Medtronic Global Heroes from around the world. You'll be running the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon on October 3, 2010 in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul.

Of course, this program is more than running the marathon. It's an exclamation of full life. Your accomplishments stand as an inspiration to others.

In the coming weeks, our team will be working closely with you to ensure that you have a wonderful Global Heroes experience, which will include:

• Exclusive travel package for you and a guest (including airfare, lodging and meals)
    • Paid entry for the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon for you and one friend or family member
    • An array of event benefits and gifts, including reserved seating in the Finish Zone for the Global Hero's family and fans, designated Global Heroes race bib, hat and race singlet, and an invitation to the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon Global Heroes reception
    • A $1,000 donation from the Medtronic Foundation on your behalf to a non-profit patient organization that educates and supports individuals who live with the runner's condition.

You will soon be contacted with further information to make race week travel arrangements and to register for your race. You will also be contacted by the Medtronic communications team to learn more about your story. In the meanwhile, if you have questions about the program, please contact Emily Beckman at twincitiesmarathon@biworldwide.com or +1 952 844 4535.

Once again, congratulations! We look forward to meeting you and the other Medtronic Global Heroes this fall, and sharing your accomplishments with thousands of other running fans.

Sincerely,

David D. Etzwiler
    Executive Director
    The Medtronic Foundation

That is awesome RIbs!  I knew you'd get in, being such a superb writer!  I'm jealous of the singlet and hat more than the airfare and accomodations, but not ready to have open heart surgery to get such perks.

but what's the "runner's condition"??

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

King of PhotoShop

Enke, I think they mean some charity that has some relationship to the condition I have, as there are a number of "categories" for this award.

The Saint and I were very moved by the help we received from the volunteer corps at Baylor Hospital who provided me with counseling and help before and after my surgery.  So we are going to donate the money to them.  I'm sure they can find a use for it.  Thank you.  Spareribs

dg.

Ribs this is so great.     Congratulations!     You do deserve this, you know.   I especially like   " It's an exclamation of full life. Your accomplishments stand as an inspiration to others."

Thanks for letting us know!!!   Made my whole day.   :-D.

Wow Ribs! Reading that just made my day. I am so happy that you were chosen for this and the perks seem incredible. I just love when good things happen for good people. I hope you and The Saint enjoy every moment of this experience.
              Ha, I had totally misread that sentence, as in there being a certain condition that all runners get....ok, time to wake up those brain cells.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

Excellent!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

The Medtronic Global Heroes program was started four years ago to celebrate runners like you who, with the help of medical technology, have continued to lead a full, active life. Your story stood out among more than 150 applicants.

This is not surprising to anyone that knows you Ribs!   You stand out in all that you do and you are an inspiration to us all.    Congratulations  - you certainly deserve it!! 

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                  It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

evanflein

This is wonderful news! You and the Saint will have a great time!

ps: now go see what I posted on your facebook announcement. 

Masters 2000 miles

Fantastic. What a well-deserved accolade!

King of PhotoShop

ps: now go see what I posted on your facebook announcement. 

Are you kidding? I saw it and just laughed. You aren't going to kick my butt!  I have a big advantage now that I have all brand new parts, while you are stumbling along with those old ones you were born with.  You haven't got a chance.

Of course the rest of you recall that it was Amy who started this whole thing and I will always be grateful.  This award has little to do with celebrating me, but has a lot to do with their decision to select me because they knew I would be an ideal partner with them to get the word out to others that heart disease and surgery are not the end of the world. I wrote back in my thank you to them, that I would work hard with them to help them make the most of this event.  I will keep you all posted.  Spareribs

#artbydmcbride

Yay hooray!   And I know you will kick Amy's butt, Ribs!

Big grin

Runners run

evanflein

Ah, I love it! The Aamos and Spareparts smackdown! Woohoo! Gotta go get my 'corn!

Congratulations, ribs. 

TomS