Masters Running

October 2021 Masters' Miles (Read 31 times)

an amazing likeness

With apologies for the delay in getting it done, the September 2021 summaries have been collated, tabulated, documented and are posted in the September 2021 discussion.

Crisp mid-October day in my fair New England town...

...leading to Halloween racing:

Here in the upper right of the map October completes the transition from the lovely light, warm days and cool nights of 'autumn' to the dark, blustery low grey skies of 'winter is coming'. It is now stew and chowder season. For the most part the trees have shed their leaves, with the noisy pin oaks holding on in the face of the steady progression of ocean storms (think Perfect Storm) which come ashore with cold rain and blustery gusts on a regular basis in the last weeks of October.

This is the time of year runners dig into storage bins, closets and chests to start unloading the winter gear....pants, vests, hats and reflective gear all reappear for their glory days of duty.

With that...time to account for those masterly run, swum, walked and biked October miles...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Thanks, milktruck.  194.4 running miles for me, including a 10 mile race that went really well.  On to November!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

evanflein

Thanks, Milktruck!

191.7 for me for October. So close to 200! But there was no way I was going to do another 8.3 miles so it is what it is.

TammyinGP

141.8 October miles.

Which is a tie with my May miles.

Which was a PR for monthly miles.

So why didn't I run even another. 2 miles for a new monthly PR?? 🤦‍♀️

Tammy

43.2  another low month

coastwalker

Thanks, Milktruck for another great photo (or two) and description of what this time of year brings us. You've got a great eye, and writing style.

178 RW miles for a Prime near-miss. 1st walker in the Great Island 5K, my only in-person race in Oct.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

BTY

Fantastic Milktruck

Nice numbers to set the bar nice and high, by KSA, Evanflein and Tammy....I'm here to lower the bar.

217.4 bicycled miles including one 53 miler.

41,500 swum yards (about 23.5 miles) including one sanctioned swim meet with official results posting still being awaited.  I know I had one AG win and 3 new PR's - 50 Free, 100 Free, and 100 Fly.

0 miles running again.....I've found a streak I can keep going indefinitely!

I echo Jay's comment about the pics and your writing.  Wonderful.

Therein lies the question. 

110.7 miles running

3.50 hours core/ST (the hours took a hit during vacation)

1.25 hrs stationary biking

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Tramps

Thanks again, milktruck.  Always love the pics.

Yeah, that's what I was wondering.

Aided by the 5 weekends this month...

• 71 running miles
                    • 320 cycling miles

Be safe. Be kind.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Aided by both 31 days and a week in Maine for added trailing miles I will claim 99.2 FTHA miles..  Almost back up to my 2020 average of 3.3 miles/day.  Won't see that for November.

thanks much, MT.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

A mere 62 miles including 2 x 5k in a duathlon in which I made the podium!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

pfriese

Great pictures as always milktruck.

I had a good month.

October running: 207.5 miles

Also, the OKC Memorial Marathon with a 4:37:30 time which was good for a 4AG

Paul

moebo

Lovely pictures Milktruck!

My first time posting my miles for the month: 90.1 for me in October.

That's over 20 more than September (travel got in the way), but almost 5 fewer than August (more time to run during vacation). Gonna try to aim for 90 again in November. Fingers crossed I don't get injured...

Joe618

What a picturesque setting for you MT!!   Sorry the winds are picking up.   Which reminds me of a famous NFL Films famous ditty "The Autumn Winds" .   John Fecunda had the best narration voice. Ever.

But I digress.

Ran 130 miles in October.   Finished two races.   Ran a 30 mile trail race on October 9...took 8:31 to finish...it was really tough and even at that slow of a time was exactly in the middle of the field.   A week later, I ran a half marathon in Grand Rapids which went smoothly. 

I also finished up my un-retirement consulting gig at the end of October.   Now I'm retired again.   And enjoying it even more. 

I have several race reports in queue and I'll post the links on the forum separately over the next week or two.

Working on getting the monthly miles to 145...re-retirement has me mulling much on running.   Which is nice. 

Enjoy November all!!

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Tough month, actually only 18 days, 105 miles...Had to undergo surgery...