Masters Running

WEEKLY RUNNING & X-TRAINING GROUP w/e 03/21 (Read 393 times)

"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me . . . You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." (Walt Disney)

Happy Running and X-Training!

Ev - 44 running miles

Joe - 25.3 miles, 830 push ups, 1.75 hrs core, 95 min free weights

Erika - 40.3 miles run, miles elliptical, 48 minutes weights/core, 1.33 miles walked and 1 hr 5 mins pool running

Dutchie - 27.6 km running, upper body 1x, lower body 1x, abs 1x - Dutchie, you moved your body, which always counts for something.

pfriese - 48.3 running miles, 490 push ups

stumpy - 14.95 running miles, 65 min elliptical, yoga, strength - And 2 hrs teaching 83 yo mom how to use a computer.  Ey yi yi!

fatozzig - 56.5 road/trail miles, 30 min cycling, 90 min core/strength/back

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mon - Rest

Tues - 3 or 30; strength ----------------------------------------------- Too freaking tired

Wed - 10 miles w/strides --------------------------------------------- 10 miles w/strides

Thurs - 3 or 30; strength ---------------------------------------------- 1.25 hrs strength/core a.m./3 miles p.m.

Fri - Rest

Sat - 28 road/trail ------------------------------------------------------- 12 road, 15.84 trail (lots of climbing)

Sun - 16 ------------------------------------------------------------------- 16 road miles

Totals: 56.9 road/trail miles, 1.25 hrs core/strength

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Experience can be a harsh teacher, but you rarely need to go back for seconds. I like that Disney quote. Thanks, Leslie!

Another build up week, and I hate to say it but I'm tired. I think this weekend took a lot out of me! Spring Forward my butt.

Monday: 16 min (1.7 miles) elliptical, 22 minutes weights at lunchtime, 40 min. pool running after work

Tuesday: 6.1 miles with some tempo miles in there, 1.1 miles of hills behind the house, .33 mile walk c/d

Wednesday: 10.1 miles of hills with mostly tempo paced miles, 8:13 avg pace; .25 mile walk

Thursday: 16 min (1.7 miles) elliptical, 20 minutes weights (back/chest/shoulders); 6.2 miles run and .3 mile walk after work

Friday: 10:30 min. (1.1 mile) elliptical, 20 minutes weights (arms/abs); 40 minutes pool running after work

Saturday: 10.5 miles running, .5 mile walk, lots of hardpack and ice chipping/shoveling. Ah, spring!

Sunday: 21.66 miles run (8:27 avg pace), .25 mile walk

Totals: 55.7 miles run, 1.7 miles walked, 4.5 miles elliptical, 1 hr 20 mins. pool running, 1 hr 2 min. weights

Thank you Fatozzig!

Monday............rest...........rest

Tues................6miles.....6miles

Wed.................6miles.....no run

Thurs..............rest...........no run

Friday..............9miles....9miles

Sat..................rest...........no run

Sun................12miles...10miles

25miles total.

And I want to add......pfriese.....you're running exceptionally well.  I've noticed the string of PRs for you lately.  Seems like you've PRd nearly evry distance.  Congrats!

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
          shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Thanks Leslie,

• Mon:  AM - 15 mins core excercises 130 push-ups  [40, 30, 30, 30], 3 sets of abds, 3 sets of pull-ups, mild stretching.  PM - 50 mins of free weights, chest, abds, shoulders, arms, back, and legs.
            • Tue: AM - 15 mins core excercises 130 push-ups  [40, 30, 30, 30], 3 sets of abds, 3 sets of pull-ups, mild stretching.  PM - easy 4 mile  [hills] run, sunny and in the 50's but windy. 
            • Wed: AM - 15 mins core excercises 120 push-ups  [40, 30, 30, 20], 3 sets of abds, 3 sets of pull-ups, mild stretching. PM - 45 mins free-weights upper body work-out.  Later speedwork, mile warm-up, followed by 9X400m intervals with recoveries.  Total of 5.2 miles.
            • Thur: AM - 15 mins core excercises 140 push-ups  [40, 40, 30, 30], 3 sets of abds, 3 sets of pull-ups, mild stretching.  No run - business trip.
            • Fri: AM - 15 mins core excercises 120 push-ups  [30, 30, 30, 30], 3 sets of abds, 3 sets of pull-ups, mild stretching.  PM - 3 mile easy run.  [make-up for yesterday].
            • Sat: AM - 15 mins core excercises 110 push-ups  [30, 30, 30, 20], 3 sets of abds, 3 sets of pull-ups, mild stretching.   Around noon did 9 mile long run @ 8:23 pace. 
            • Sun: 15 mins core excercises 130 push-ups  [40, 40, 30, 20], 3 sets of abds, 3 sets of pull-ups, mild stretching. 4.13 mile run, easy run.

Total:  25.6 miles for week; 880 push-ups; 1.75 hours core excercise; 1.6 hours of free-weights*

*need to better

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Dutchie42

Arghhhh, I wrote a post and it disappeared. Got no time anymore to do it again. See you later peeps.

Dutchie
              Run the day, or the day runs you.

pfriese

Thanks for the weekly Leslie.

M: 0 miles running, 74 pushups

T: 8 miles running, 75 pushups

W: 8 miles running, 76 pushups

Th: 8 miles running, 77 pushups

F: 0 miles running, 78 pushups

Sa: 0 miles running, 79 pushups

Su: downhill skiing with grandsons, 80 pushups

Totals: 24 miles, 539 pushups, & skiing

Paul

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hi Group and thanks again. Les, for bringing us together.

Monday:  Yoga.  done (but learned that weights the day before are NOT good)

Tuesday:  3 MIles"  3.1 done in 29:56.

WEdnesday:  x-training.  22 minutes and about 1.7 miles of ellipting

Thursday:  3 miles + Strength.  3.3 miles in 31Tight lippedx  haven't figured out how to get enough time for weights yet

Friday:  rest.  Boy, am I good at this part.

Saturday:  x-training  1hr pump class

Sunday:  5 miles.  4.25miles.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Dutchie42

Hi Leslie, I'm trying again to post. Still recovering from Saturday's relay run. I think. I'm tired, R-hip and butt cheek hurt.

Mon: 15 min run + LB + abs

Done: 2.75 easy kilometers on the TM, 30 min LB w/o and 10 min of abs. Hip still noticeable when running. And felt it pretty good doing lunges too. R-butt cheek still hurts. Biked to work. And got soaking wet on my way home.

Tue: 30 min run + LB + abs

Done: 5.5K sort of interval run (and I did not run that in 30min, I wish), 20 min LB w/o (light weights/high reps) + abs. R-hip only noticeable when I paid attention to it. R-butt cheek still not happy.

Wed: 45 min run + abs

Unplanned rest day. Felt very tired.

Thu: 60 min run + abs

10.1K tempo run. There's already plenty of daylight at 6AM not to have to use a headlight. R-hip and butt feeling better. Plus bike commute

Fri: 15 min run + plyo w/o + abs

2.75K progressive run on the TM, plus 25 min LB w/o and a 25 min UB w/o. Still have abs to do but ran out of time. 

Sat: 45 min doggie run + 30 min boxing w/o

5.55 kilometer doggie run (a wopping 41 minutes). Spike's leash broke near the collar. Now that was annoying. Took me a couple of minutes to figure out how to get Spike attached to the leash for the remainder of the run.

Sun: 10K race

Here's what I did today:

8h13, 7 easy kilometers with the dogs. Avg pace7:13. Lots of breaks for doggie business, having to step of the road twice for big vans passing, and feeding the dogs tidbits when a car passed. Spike isn't up for anything longer yet. This little dachshund needs more training before he can run a 10K again.

9h20, 6 progressive kilometers on the TM after I fed and watered the dogs. Avg pace 6:26. Felt pretty easy.

11h00, 10 kilometer "race". Didn't intend to go fast but just run it as part of my long run today. Aiming for a 7 min pace. Unfortunately, I'm just not one of those people who can do that in a race. So I did the best I could on tired legs and finished in 1:03:21 with an avg pace of 6:21.

Guess, had I not already run 13 kilometers, I could've possibly PR'ed (57:58 min). Anyways, when you add it all up, I ran 23 kilometers today in 2:32:02. I'm feeling good. And happy. And very pleased with myself

Total running mileage: 49.6 happy kilometers

Total biking mileage: 26 kilometers

UB:1x

LB:3x

Abs:2x

Dutchie
                    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Wednesday - 30+ minutes stretching

Thursday - 35 minute walk; no gps, no watch, no HR monitor; just me and my Nike Frees easing our way back to running

Friday - AT growling again; lots o' stretching

Saturday - hauling boxes and boxes of stuff from mom's house to mine;  guess that counts as upper body XT

Sunday - 30 minute walk on the boardwalk

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com