Masters Running

Thu Oct 16 Runs and Workouts (Read 725 times)

Renee the dog

Sounds like fireman in Alaska sure has its perks!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

xor

Sounds like fireman in Alaska sure has its perks!
      Downside: having someone puke on you whilst doing artificial resp and/or CPR. It ain't all women in towels, methinks. Though I'm certainly all for women in towels.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I'm movin' back.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Tramps, I'm Enke, not Erika...not that I would mind being Erika, she is certainly a heck of a lot faster than me...it's more that I don't want to live in Alaska. Btw, the fainter lady only had a little towel on. Nada underneath of course. She was so pale I thought she had a facial cream "mask" on. They carted her off to the hospital. So I guess she really wasn't ok.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Tramps

Tramps, I don't want to live in Alaska.
            Blush Sorry; senior moment. So where do I send my firefighter's application?

Be safe. Be kind.

Renee the dog

Btw, the fainter lady only had a little towel on. Nada underneath of course.
              Well, at least she didn't have to worry whether or not she had clean/unripped unders on when she went to the hospital...

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

TammyinGP

Evanflein, here's some Nimbus 9's - not sure if they have your size though. http://www.onlineshoes.com/productpage.asp?gen=w&pcid=100480

Tammy

evanflein

's'okay, Enke, I don't wanna live here sometimes either. But most of the time it's pretty cool (heh...). Tammy, that's the problem. Nothing in my size. I've got some odd feetsies, 10.5 medium. 10's are too short, 11's are too long, especially in the left foot (smaller one) and I trip. I am beginning to wonder if the Nimbus 10's in size 11 might not work though. Sometimes I think the problem I had with them is that they run small... might need to try them again. Tramps, being a firefighter in Alaska can be pretty rough... The highest fire activity is in the coldest part of winter when people are using woodstoves and space heaters more. Pictures of house fires at -40 are an all too frequent front page event around here in January...
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- thursday=track session 7 miles total-chatted with the girls HS track coaches for a while-they asked me to run for a team that he's on next summer (I told them I'd think about it and see what my time commitments are next spring/summer) 1 mile warmup/and cool down intervals 1200's>800's reps 200M's 3x1200M--4:38; 4:30; 4:29 ---walk-jog 2minutes in between each workbout then 3x800M--2:55; 2:56; 2:54 ---same rest interval of 2 minutes walking and breathing noisily (no puking- ) then 4x200M--36; 35; 34; 33 --same rest interval of 2 minutes walking/jogging to the next 200M mark biked 5 miles to/from Feeling good ---------
                    wildchild

Carolyn

Well, at least she didn't have to worry whether or not she had clean/unripped unders on when she went to the hospital...
                      I thought the same thing - I guess we both listened to our mothers! Big grin Years ago when we were in Fairbanks, one firefighter told us the same thing as Erika - fighting fires at 40 below is tough! You can't use water because it turns to ice instantly (even if you could manage to pump it in the first place). So they use chemical foams, or just let the fires burn. Rest day for me today. Or just laziness...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Tramps. that would be Redmond, WA. With all the rain we get 9 months of the year, I think they must have a lot of slow days. As my DH said, once they found out the location of the fainter, they probably called in all their pals. Was it really necessary to have all 5 of them from the firetruck in the women's shower area? LOL. I was just putting away some clothes in my DD's dresser. And out pops the cat. Surprised

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mariposai

Just for the fun of it.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

no particular reason but sign me up for next year's Autumn Leaf too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Wow - Mari, great picture! Nothing much more to say!!
                              SteveP

First marathons are kewl. Jimmy Legs, I was on a dreamill in a gym. Some kid put their boom box out for us to annoy. It played some new fangled crud. A song came on with a alarm as back ground. It's lound on the dreadmill, but it sound like a pretty offical noise for some rap or hip-hop and I blew it off. The rude kid even left and the boom box was blasting. Then the firefighters in full gear came in.....Then it dawned on me....It wasn't a song!!....Thank goodness!!!! I was really starting to worry.
                                I just heard the promo for this weekend’s edition of “This American Life” on NPR. Apparently they’re doing a profile of a guy who often goes around in daily life dressed like Superman. .
                                What's the matter with some people????? Sweet picture Mariposai!!! Thanks. I had an sweet sproinky run today!! The fall colors are at their peak. The geese were flocking on the lake and the reflection was nearly mirror like. I have no idea how far I ran...Mapmyrun isn't loading for me tonight. I've got a physical the 3rd. I'm going to discuss the lack of sproink with my Dr.. I hope it's work related and I can build more stanima. DS came to work yesterday. He helped me move a few things around. It was a work out for him. I told him I've been at it 30 years longer than he has. He also said that riding in big trucks is kewl. Cool

SteveP