Masters Running

March '17 Masters Miles (Read 29 times)

an amazing likeness

February's monthly summary posted here.

March is the Thursday of running months...when it arrives, you just want to get through it to have a sighting of spring at the end. Time to post those hard-earned March miles, race results and running achievements.

[For this month's photo, a shot from a half marathon held in deez4boyz' (deserted) summer beach town with typical March racing conditions in northern New England of wet roads, retreating snowbanks and always some brave souls breaking out the shorts early in the season.]

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

evanflein

Looks great, Milktruck! I like calling March the Thursday of months, that's fitting.

81.6 miles for me, four more than last month, yay! On the rebuild now though. And hey, I'm only 119.5 miles behind the new reduced pace bunny. 

TammyinGP

Only a slight increase over my Feb mileage but I'll take it! It's improvement.

75.5 for March.

nothing else noteworthy about the month though.

thanks Milktruck!

Tammy

Tough runners breaking out shorts in those conditions! Thanks for the pic Milktruck. And thanks for keeping everyone's monthly miles totals going.

A bad, bad March. PF in left foot plus a two-week bout with the flu. I got a cortisone shot two weeks ago and will hopefully get back to running on a regular basis.

A measly 48.3 miles for March, 275.4 YTD, watching ANY kind of pace bunny disappear from sight

Thanks Milktruck!!  Can't wait to be back up in OOB, hopefully all the snow will be gone by then!!

well 6.7 miles for me for March ..... I anticipate goose eggs for the next couple of months - have been doing some reading on stress fractures of the femoral neck and I don't want to do anything to worsen my condition to lead to a fracture!!

denise

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Thanking you for another month, MT.  77 miles this month for a healthy increase.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

catwhoorg

Labrat

168 run miles

95.5 bike miles

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Tramps

Thanks milktruck!  I like getting an overview of how folks are doing.

That photo is very New Englandy; March looks really different down here.

201.4 miles for the month, keeping my 200/month base building mileage streak going at 3.

8K @ 36:13 / 7:18.  Meh.

Knee's still bugging me to the point of where I've backed off speed work.  Four months now; It may be time to finally see a doc. Grrr.

Be safe. Be kind.

Mike E

MM #5615

Thanks milktruck!  I love those old New England towns.

I didn't do any races in march but I had my first 200 mile month since May of last year.  I sure hope I can stay healthy for awhile.

March: 247

2017: 598

HermosaBoy

Thanks milktruck!!!

March: 276.3 mi
                      2017 793.1 mi

8k race

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

March.  164.1

2017.    490.2

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

coastwalker

Thanks, Milktruck. Great photo of winter running in OOB.

151 RW miles for March, leaving me just a few miles behind my goal, which is better than I expected. Still no races.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

C-R

129.2 for me this month. The plan is working and I'm growing stronger.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

rmcj001

233 miles for March, with 533 for 2017.  1 race 1/2 marathon 1st AG, 9th OA.

Ray

pfriese

Thanks milktruck.

March:

244 miles running

A new personal best miles in a month.

A 15K race 1AG (1:13:57)

A half marathon with a 3AG (1:49:39)

And 5.6 miles swimming

Paul