Masters Running

7/13 Monday Master runs - workouts - and healing "vibes" (Read 392 times)

Sounds like it was a great weekend for so many!  And a great Monday too, what a wonderful way to start the week Smile

Happy Anniversary JLynne and DH!

Wow CNYrunner, those are some good genes!! 89 & 99 very cool in deed!

Out for 5.58 mi at 8:25 pace, I put the garmin only on the time panel and didn't care about the pace except to keep it easy.  I think easy is always faster than normal after a speed play session.  I have my yearly military physical fitness test tomorrow.  I should be able to max the test no problem but then there is this extended scale for bragging rights and I'm hoping things go well, we'll see.  I think starting next year we are going to have to test twice a year. 

Happy Monday to all

rs

Troy Strawberry Festival 10k - 6/7/09 - Goal 46:xx -->46:18!!; Americana 5k - 7/4/09 - Goal 21:xx-->21:12!!; Brookville 5 miler - 7/25/09 - Goal-->34:xx-->36:21; Crim 10 Miler - 8/22/09 - Goal sub-1:15-->1:14:14!!; Alter 5k - 9/5/09 - Goal 20:xx-->20:32; AF Marathon - 9/19/09 - Goal sub-3:38 (PR)--> 3:41 (BQ)
    Mariposai

Leslie's smile is making my Monday go better. Congrats Leslie. Love the pictures. The one of your toes are priceless....they remind me of mine Smile

HeadBandBill it seems like Mr. T is unto something good for you. Great run there my friend.

Slowhand, that was one heck of a 20 miler you did yesterday. WTG

DG, slow is good, slow is good. Nice runs lately. How I wish I can have a handful of your berries. yummm.

SueT, it seems like you had a fun time biking with your DH this past weekend. Sorry about the deer invasion.

CYRunner, you are amazingly fast. Fast enough to pass Bill Rodgers, not just anyone can say that.

hurray to Mrs. Twocat on her first 3.5 race of the year. She is going to be a Half Marathoner before we know it.

Good luck on your first injection today twocat (I hope it is today )

MaEcono, my husband is visiting his mom this week. I wish I could have gone too so I can run with you in your lovely woods, but work did not allow me to be gone this week. Next time.

Erika, how was your wine tasting party? Did you find any new brand worthwhile trying?

NYC marathon training has officially began for my wings today. 5 easy miles  with 1 hour of tai chi at noon.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

I have been MIA on here for too long. A lot of stress for various reasons (will probably explain more later) helped contribute to very little running. Now that wildchild has stopped chasing me around the country it is time to get back into running. I have been running easy and consistently for the past few days, so with that said I will post my 47:50 5.5 miler today.

Recently DW and I went to Pittsburgh to take in a Cubs game at beautiful PNC Park. If anyone else has seen the show Man vs. Food on the Travel Channel, I took on a sandwich from a place he visited, Primanti Bros.

Warning: Just looking at this picture may be dangerous for your heart, view at your own risk:

evanflein

Hey Craneium, I was wondering what happened to you. Welcome back, and that sandwich is not for the faint of heart!

Mariposai the wine tasting was fun, the best thing about it was it wasn't very crowded. Those events had gotten so big they just weren't fun anymore, so it was nice to go to this one. The evening was warm and sunny and a perfect night to be out on the riverboat. We met some friends we hadn't seen in ages and sampled lots of wines, but nothing really grabbed me as a stunner. We ordered some that were a good price, but not much. Talking to folks we haven't seen in awhile was the highlight, and tells me we really need to get out more!

Morning (or Afternoon) Folks -

Cranium - Nice to have you back.  Yep, I've seen a couple of shows about that place.  Cripes, that's a huge sandwich!

Boy, there's been some really great running and races going on here.  Congrats to all of you!

JLynne - Happy Anniversary!

Was suppose to do 3 easy miles today, but a severe lack of sleep last night kept me in bed.  Right now I'd love to lay my head down and take a snooze.  Oh well . . . no rest for the wicked.

Have a great day, everyone ~

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Leslie's smile is making my Monday go better. Congrats Leslie. Love the pictures. The one of your toes are priceless....they remind me of mine Smile

Where are the pictures?  I just saw the one on yesterday's daily.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

dg.

Holly.... in the 40's-50's thread you'll find toes.  Smile

and, thanks.  you're right.   more on that whole subject later when I'm not so sleepy.   don't know what is up with that, I slept more than I usually do!

Thanks Nancy.   I wish you could too.   trying to be your berry proxy.  is it working?

Happy Anniversay JLynne!

Hi Craneium!

rest day today.   Nono, I'm doing the same thing. (as in, nothing)...) (though I did pick some berries so I could eat them for Nancy)   I did it last week too, for the first time, & the rest of the week seemed to be better as far as running.  Still, could've been a coincidence. 

Marathon Maniac #3309

Wow Bill...great and awesome workout, you are doing great! (and I was beginning to think you were "uncoachable"grins) Slo, I meant to add this morning, congrats on the 4 mile PR race, followed by very good 20 miler (yes, those can be tough sometimes, but you are a tough guy) To those that asked, no I did not find a new job yet. But I know a shop owner personally in town that asked me for help reorganizing his shop, and making the repair process flow more smoothly. He does not need to hire anyone like me right now, but simply asked for help which I was very happy to give. I promised him I would have a plan in place for Monday morning, hence why I was up all night. I just got back from this shop with the new plan I made for the shop. And the owner was thrilled as I walked him through the new process he needs to follow to excel and prosper in his Business.....I left with a cool $1000.00 in cash (so there is no paper trail that I made this money, for obvious reasons) Yawn, I need a nap before my cycling tonight....75 miles I think is what the Roadies are doing tonight with Hills. TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Jeez Tim--that sounds like a job to me!....  Body shop efficiency consultant   I think you might consider talking with some of the more business oriented folks around here and see what they think.  In these lean and mean times, your sort of expertise might be pretty useful in more than one location.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

TammyinGP

hmmm, Timbo is "helping someone organize their business" "selling his expertise" and getting paid in unmarked bills "under the table" so there's no paper trail. . . . sounds interesting . . . you don't have a nickname like "the boss" or  "snake eyes" do you???

Tammy

Well heck, Mariposai.    Some other time, though.  What is the NY Marathon date?   Happy training!

A day off, except for core exercises , after finishing C25K, week 5 yesterday.  That is a 20 min no walk segment, and it took me 6 weeks to get there!   I have a 5K race on Sat., so will have a slow week.

Woods Lady

Renee the dog

Jeez Tim--that sounds like a job to me!....  Body shop efficiency consultant   I think you might consider talking with some of the more business oriented folks around here and see what they think.  In these lean and mean times, your sort of expertise might be pretty useful in more than one location.

Yeah. And, at $1000 bucks, even under the table, WAY TOOOOOOOOO CHEAP! 

Crap, I didn't expect to open the daily and get all irritated!  Tim, I'm seeing too much red  to email you, but you seem to be mistaking yourself for a corner harlot in a small town....

Somebody get me some duct tape.  My head is going to explode...

Tim, please tell me you at minimum got clearance to list them as one of your consulting clients...with the ability to share the results of your method....

Anyone have a paper bag??? 

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

evanflein

3.7 mile "recovery run" at 9:38 avg pace. I'm thinking I might just get the hang of this slower running... I bet slower would've been better yesterday. McMillan says my pace should be even slower but this is what I got today. And the temps are "only" 80 according to the weather site, but it sure feels hotter.

Any Seattle runners? I'll be in Seattle the afternoon of Sunday the 19th, and would love to get together for a run! I won't have a vehicle, so will need to walk or get a ride to meet up someplace. Staying downtown and have the afternoon available. Any takers? Or suggestions on where to go for an 8-10 miler?

Off to find pictures of Leslie's toes...

King of PhotoShop

Tim, listen to Nono.  She is smart.  You may have the beginnings of a cool business here.

Craneium, I am looking out my hotel window at PNC Park.  Working in Pittsburgh the next two days.  For the record, I will not be going to dinner at that sandwich place.   Spareribs

Off to find pictures of Leslie's toes...

I hope your don't get queasy easy. They're not a pretty sight regardless of the circumstances.

Nono - Priceless comments!

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance