Masters Running

A Great Sat - May 22nd - Runs - Races - and Interesting Stuff (Read 678 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good Morning Everyone,

Been up since 4:00 am eating and hydrating getting ready for my long run, and looking forward to my long run.....well, my mind hasn't caught up with what's going yet  

Hope everyone has a Greta Day Today, what ever you have planned.....You all Rock, and are an inspiration to all, in one way or another.

So very  about Jlynne going to run a Marathon......thinking your too old.....your in your prime Missy. You will have lots of help from everyone here...just watch what I may suggest

See Ya a little later after I get done....HAPPY RUNNING!

TimBo

Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure . . . than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Renee the dog

Tim,

I hope you are enjoying that long run.

Renee and I are still building back, so today was just a 3 mile loop around town.  MAN is it packed, but luckily, everyone was still asleep, so easy to navigate the streets!

So, Twin Cities is "just" an 18 hr drive from here...and we just did an 18 drive to FL....still musing....

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Nono's back, and runnin'.....

5 easy this AM, off to get the girls. We've got a picnic/fireworks evening ahead of us, which should be a blast, hee hee.

Good runs to all of you.

Walt

Slo

Heya Masters !

Boy....I was hoping to get a good bike ride in this morning. I woke up to pea soup. You can barely make out the house across the street.

I waited for day break and ended up going for a run. There's no way I'm going to ride a bike on country roads in this mess.

6.8 miles......Everything is feeling fine so I think I'm going to run an easy 12 -13 miles tomorrow.

Walt...have a great time !

nono.....18hrs....seems worth it to me.

Timbo......My racing schedule sucks this year.....I want to do one of those Xterra's so bad....they just aren't fitting into the schedule.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good morning!

I hope your long run goes well today Tim.    I'm sure you are wound up about all that is happening in your life right now.   I can't believe they are waiting until Monday to talk to you!!

Walt - Have a blast tonight indeed.   Sounds like lots of fun.

So happy everything is feeling fine Slo.   It was like pea soup around here this morning too.

All the tourists descending upon you Nono?    I looked in my magic ball and can see a long drive in your future.

It was nice to see my high heart rate being discussed yesterday.   Even during my marathon training, it averaged on the high side.   I think I am an alien from the opposite planet Byll is from.  Out for 5 this morning and boy is it HUMID!   Speaking of HR's, mine really got up there, so I ended up walking on and off the last mile.  10:27 / 10:11 / 9:59 / 10:30 / 11:55     Walked in the door and turned on the air.  Big grin

Happy Saturday!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

...you guys are off to a good start today.........

.....well,

after workouts

during Swim Meets,

Adult WaterRobics,

and  sharing lanes with the TriAthletes

...I have met my match........

...the High School Pool Party....

18min poolrun

and couldn't get out of there fast enough

.............good running guys..............there may be something dumber than teenagers, but nothing comes to mind.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Slo

.............good running guys..............there may be something dumber than teenagers, but nothing comes to mind.....

Nope.....here niether.  Sorry about the pool workout.

5 easy miles w/DW until the last half mile when she left me in the dust, only because I gave blood yesterday.

Nono you must obey Mary's Magic Ball

Mary most of us think Byll is the alien from the edge of the earth.

Enjoy the weekend! 

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Hope the long run went well Tim

Don't quit your day job just yet Walt!

You are recovering well Slo_Hand, nice run

Brave for even getting close to the pool TW with a pool party going

I'll join the 5 mile club---5 miles total including a 5k (Deerfield Old Home Days 5k) in 20:52---11th overall out of 100, 3rd woman out of 31, 2/8 in the 40-49 category. My nemesis JoEllen---not a good description since she is so nice and just an awesome person----was the first woman. It was a fun race and one that the kiddo wanted to do. He did well and had a good time. Dr. J and her twin boys were there also, so we all warmed up and cooled down together for 5 miles on the day. I won a huge red and yellow purslane plant donated by a local farm for my efforts. 

Hi Nono----sounds like 18 hours is do-able. TCM is looking like the place to be in October

Mary---see anything in that magic ball about an insta-clean house? I tried wiggling my nose Bewitched style, but no dice.

Nice 5 Sarge even if you got dusted at the end 

Morning everyone - happy Saturday to y'all and hope the rain, fog and pea soup don't prevent anyone from getting their runs in.

Are you back yet, Tim? I like your inspirational quote this morning - could've used it BEFORE I did my long run. I'm glad you contacted the police department - now it's in their hands to decide if your information will help them solve this horrible case.

Have a "dynamite" time with your girls today, Walt.

Hi Mary - giving that last puppy some extra love this weekend? I can't imagine parting with them - that's gotta be really hard. Nice run in the fog this morning.

Nono - here's another vote for you to come to Twin Cities in October. It could be a beautiful drive, and think of how fun it will be to meet everyone. I may not run well, but I'm looking forward to partying with all the RA people that weekend!

Sounds like Tom got in the middle of a pool party this morning. Did they have tropical drinks and Jimmy Buffett music too?

How fun to race with your DS, friend and their sons this morning, Karin! Wow, JoEllen must be faster than greased lightening to beat you.

Back on the training track this morning. 10.1 miles at a comfortable 9:56 pace. That will be my goal these next few weeks to find a pace I can do my longer runs at without having to stop and walk. Nice story - I usually stop at a Super America gas station to use the rest room and get water, but forgot my money this morning. The usual guy was behind the counter. I don't know his name and he doesn't know mine, but we just have nice chats when I go there. He let me take a bottle of water for free and told me he knew I would come back and pay him for it next time. That really struck me as an act of kindness. So after I finished my run, I drove back there, filled up my gas tank and gave him the $1.00 for the bottle of water. There are some nice people in this world!

Dave59

In a rare move, I ran today according to what I planned.  I drove over to Bay City (20 miles) and ran along their river walk and rail trails.  I don't know how far, but based on my time I am giving myself credit for 8.4 miles.

Then I drank a bottle of Gatorade (humid!), signed up for the Outrun Poverty 5k, put on a clean shirt, and ran it just a tad slower than my hoped for HM pace.  I think the finish time was around 28:40.

Those first few steps of the 5k sure felt strange after my 30 minute rest.  Lots of confused and tight muscles wondering why they had to start working again.  I've never done anything quite like this before.

I saw Tom at the race.  For most of the race I could see his hat up ahead of me slowly getting further and further away.  I got to see one other person I knew at the race, while Tom knew about 20 other people there. (If not more.)

I wanted another mile or two after the race but my left calf was cramping up and it didn't seem like it was worth risking the effort.  I had trouble with that calf a couple months ago.

Marathon Maniac #957

TomWhite -

Nono – my DH isn’t willing to drive more than 7-8 hours, and really, even that is pushing it because of his back pain. 

CNYrunner – nice 5K!

Jlynne – I had a similar revelation last Monday, when I drove DD to the next town to a school skating party.  It was sponsored by the PTO, but still cost $2 to get in and another $1 for skates.  As we got out of the car, I realized that I had grabbed my purse without putting my wallet in it.  Another parent that I did not know heard DD and I talking, and generously gave us $3 to get her in.  I later wrote down the name of his son, and DD took an envelope to the school office the next day to give to the boy.  But I was struck by the kindness of a stranger, not often seen any more.

DD’s soccer team won their last game this morning.  What a great team we had this season!  Pizza party tomorrow, one more game for DS on Tuesday, then the spring soccer is done.  Now I have no more excuses for this dirty house. 

Spatting with DH again…makes for a long weekend.  (sigh)

8 easy-paced miles for me this morning in 63°

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

when she left me in the dust, only because I gave blood yesterday.

You just keep telling yourself that…

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #3309

Auggg, I feel Carpy....

Imagine a cartoon character with holes in it - the character drinks water - and all the water comes out of the holes.....that was me today. It really wasn't that hot out, but the humidity was close to 100%....very sticky. After my first 5 miles I had drank 2 liters of water already, and was sweating so bad that I was leaving puddles, and couldn't for the life of me keep up with my hydration needs...........I don't get it sometimes, how a person is suppose to drink enough. I was well hydrated before my run I know for sure, but just couldn't keep up with the fluid loss.

Anyhoo...........26 miles - 4:11:58 - 9:41 ave pace - 6 lost pounds

I actually did OK till mile 23 when my legs said no more sugar daddy, and I then went into a run for 4 minutes - then walk for a minute. So I guess my pace wasn't so bad considering the last 3 miles.

I know I was dehydrated because of my HR spike, and I got an awful headache heading home. I do feel a little better now after some rest and hydrating.................................but let taper begin, and nothing is hurt 

Hope Tam and Laura does Ok.............and Holly, prepare or some warm temps in the morning Girl!

I felt like this guy today

WATER

TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

she left me in the dust, only because I gave blood yesterday.

You just keep telling yourself that…

Holly that's my story & I'm sticking to it.  A neighbor who saw that finish assumed I said something to make her mad but of course I would never do that

Tim awesome run... but you definitely were to the edge of the danger zone. Happy recovery. 

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.