Masters Running

40s, 50s, 60s + On the Run - w/e 12/19 (Read 683 times)

jfa

Hiya Folks,

Leslie-that new fangled contraption of yours looks pretty cool.What do you hang it on?

Cindy- glad to hear that it's above 0* for you now.

Yea Jim- relax and recover. Cool new avatar!

Arla- that's just an awesome way to complete your 2k! Were you out there alone?

Nice 12er last night and warm @ 50*. Only 32* for tonight's hill run,but here I go!

Top 'O the World!

- between the time I stepped out of the shower to when I laid my things on my desk at work, it was 45minutes.  Now THAT, my fine friends, is an amazing PR!!

Nope! Couldn't do it!!   you are truly amazing!!!

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

jfa

Me neither. Heck, most days it takes me 45mins just to drive to work. 

Speaking of work, a lot of sad faces around the office today when it was realized that the last paycheck before Christmas was missing  the usual annual bonus. First time in the 16+ years that I have been there that this happened. I keep it in perspective and think about all the people that don't even have a paycheck nowadays.

Good clip on my hilly route tonight. 8 miles on my new Nike Free Everyday's (yep Ev that's the name) and boy do they feel nice. A little more shoe than I imagined, but they feel great.

Cindy- do you do any skiing/snowboarding in between work up there?

Jim- did Lynda recover ok?

Ev- are you out on another clandestine mission for the bossman?

Where's Carol been? So many questions that need answers ......

Joe - Believe it or not, I like running in weather around 32 degrees.  It's hard to get overheated!  . . . . . There are two options with the strap.  There's a heavy duty anchor  that you can screw into the ceiling or wall (make sure you hit a stud!), and there's a smaller second strap that you can attach and put over the top of a door.  I have mine anchored into the ceiling.  Unfortunately, we didn't take into account how long the straps were going to be for certain exercises and my limited space.  So for a couple of the exercises, I have move off at an angle instead of being head on with the anchor.  I don't think it'll make a difference.

Cindy - I can't believe I got ready in that amount of time, either.  And it included a stop for coffee!  Good thing I have a few "wash and wear" pieces and sundry items at work for breakfast and lunch.  Most of my clothes have to succumb to the iron and ironing board before it can be worn.  My drive time to work is about 15 minutes.  The Hub's is 5.  Gotta love living in a small area.

Okay - Off to do transcription.  Later!

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Top 'O the World!

Leslie - my "drive time" (from the mtn house) on a good clear day is 50 mins- minimum! snow days take longer & coming up from Denver in 90mins-3 hrs...should be 90 mins in the am

Well Joe, I could....as the lift is only about 100 yds from the front door of the hotel   but I've learned that hanging around = more clients sooo...or do you mean btwn work DAYS?  bc those I generally spend down w/DH. .. now, as the snow gets deeper, I may have to take a few runs btwn days/clients

little over 3 sluggish miles w/Mairead tonight....varying btwn clear/dry sidewalk & trying to figure out whether to run in the street (getting dark out) or through the yards of the idiots who don't clear their sidewalks but throw their driveway snow into the street - becoming ice!   ...I did both, depending on tfc flow...one lady watched me speechlessly as I ran through her neighbors' yard

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

flatland mountaineer

"Like a Heat Wave" 4.5 in much warmer conditions (low 30's) with no wind last night, really nice run with Dessa Lou. Should have a few more days of moderating temps before more snow and cold comes in next week. Run went ok, legs still are not right. Lynda has done a few short runs but mostly concentrating on getting the office work done for year end. Overall she is probably better than me as far as recovery goes.

Bummer no bonus Joe. Lots of folks out of work. Cabby in Vegas telling me 20%+ unemployment, so overbuilt out there. Virtually no unemployment here but out of work people just leave. I still have trouble finding qualified part time help. Seriously considering a full timer again but I just hate the thought of it.

Hope you like the frees

Cindy more snow on the horizon. My mtn man friend is telling me probably Jan before the backcountry is good to go. Also warns of some weak unbonded layers near the top of the ground so high danger in some avvy prone areas away from the resort.

Leslie I am with ya on the short commute, now how far is it to my front door??? All our fields are within 8 miles and 1/2 of the farm adjoins the home place  so its pretty nice. Our office is in the house  takes up our house  which probably needs to go.

Carol, Kevin, Kelly where are ya????

ok back to work.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Hi guys -- just time for a quick "drive by" post.  Looks like you are all doing well with running and life. Leslie, awesome get to work PR!  My commute to the spare bedroom wouldn't make it a fair race though.  Joe, lousy bonus news, but you have an awesome attitude.  Cindy, you win the prize for scenery bonus!

I've been busy with work, dr's appts, decking the halls, etc.  Baked some treats for my favorite client and went to see their new office this morning.  Baked treats yesterday for hubby's work crew.  Tomorrow, you guessed it, baking treats again.  Last run was Sunday, due to lack of time and not wanting to push my luck  with a cold I have picked up.  Not too bad though....trying Zicam this time.  Katy NOT happy about the lack of runs, but we'll be back at it soon.  Buddy, Mairead, Dessa, and all you peeps....please run some miles for us until then.   

Progress Trumps Pefection

Queen of 3rd Place

Joe - sorry about the bad news. They keep threatening furloughs here, but like you say, it's good to have a job at all.

Carol - you're making me hungry! I'm not the best baker, but mmmmm, baked goods. Funny how running makes you into a carbohydrate fiend!

Leslie - nice PR

Jim - give the recovery some time. Sometimes after a larger than usual mileage week, it can be two weeks before the legs feel fully "sproinky" (thanks, Leslie) again. Othertimes I put in a hard effort and feel fine right away. I just roll with it.

Foggy 6-er this am at MP. About to leave now, taking mom up to Yosemite for a couple nights, hope to get a couple nice runs in around the valley floor.

Arla

Ex runner

Howdy, Gang -

Carol!  Welcome back!  Can you send a few baked goodies my way?  I don't bake and try to not bring the stuff into the house 'cause The Hub has no self-control.  However, I do have a good stashing area at work.

Alra - Have fun in Yosemite.  Remember Yosemite Sam?  When I was a little, I thought it was pronounced (phonetically here) Yah-se-mite (long "i").

Joe - It does stink about the bonus, especially when it's anticipated and there's no forewarning that it's not coming.  But like you said, lots of folks would be happy to just be receiving a paycheck these days.  Very tough times for everyone.

Jim - Remember, you are recovering.  Recovery = take it easy on the legs.  Why don'tcha go talk to Lynda and get her recovery methods.

30 mins of cycling this morning, followed by approx 30 min TRX-ing.  My legs were pooped, and I had a hard time keeping my HR above 140 while cycling  It kept slacking off and falling down around the 138 range.  Managed 2 sets of 10 for each TRX exercise, except the triceps.  They reminded me that they were quite unhappy with Tuesday's workout.  Managed 1 set of 10, but they were fairly sloppy.  I am sooo happy tomorrow is a rest day!

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

"Why, I'm the rootiness, tootiness, shootiness bob tailed wild cat north, south, east and west of the Pecos."

JerseyJoe, about your new Nikes......I was actually gonna take them to court for trademark infringement.  We settled and I let them keep the name, but made them spell it diffrently.

Jim, Suh is a major reason the Huskers were ranked 2nd in the nation in scoring defense.  Major player.

For those that have asked....I'm gearing up for an April marathon.  The OKC Memorial.  This will be my third time racing it, should I make it to the starting line.  A late February 25K will be a warm up race (Beacon on the Bay).  Thanks for asking.

Got a nice 6er in yesterday late afternoon.....beautiful weather.

more later.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

jfa

Nikes......I was actually gonna take them to court for trademark infringement.  We settled and I let them keep the name, but made them spell it diffrently.

Darn tootin' and dagnabit Ev, I like your way bettr. You have a sound marathon plan! Suh is a heck of a player.

Carol- sounds like you're baking up a storm.Making my tummy growl!

14m in 23* tonight. Learning to dress (not over dress) a bit better.

Happy Friday, Folks!

Rest day for me, although I pretty much laid there wide awake from 5:30 'til I got up around 7:15.  We got a new bed about a week ago, and we're trying to decide if it's turning out to be too soft.  My low back is bothering me, but I don't know if it's the mattress or my workout yesterday.  I need to go back to the store where we purchased it and give the floor model another try/looksee to make sure we got the right one.  (sigh) It's not like trying on a pair of pants, is it?  You don't really know what the mattress is going to feel like until you sleep on a few times.  I need to review the Return Policy . . . . .

Leslie
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Good runs and rests for evryone.

Arla...congrats on the 2000 mile mark!

A nice breezy 8 miles for me this afternoon.  53F but felt much cooler with the wind.  Still a nice day to get out and about.

Have a great weekend...........

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

jfa

Good luck with the bed Leslie. Yep, you're going to be spending a lot of time in it, better get it right. Easy 5 w Buddy tonight. They're talking about a foot of snow tomorrow, which usually means that we'll get 2" of slush. I would rather have the snow!

flatland mountaineer

3.3 with Dessa Lou this morn. Finished better than it started as is often the case. It was kinda cold and windy but warmed up fast. By the end I was starting to feel like a runner again.

Have a great wknd folks!

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III