Masters Running

Saturday Go Mariposai Runs and Workouts (Read 361 times)

King of PhotoShop

Off to run a few and finish out my week. Go Mariposai! Spareribs
      5.5 miles around the neighborhood w/DW in 50:20 (9:10) pace. Perfect blue skies 45F at start 52 at end. We were discussing possibly doing the Mount Desert Island Marathon in October Cool Good Luck to all of our weekend & of course Patroits Day runners. Thanks to those who are volunteering also.

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Tramps

GO MARIPOSAI! Be sure to check out Ribs’ confession from yesterday’s thread. I think it’s good he’s finally coming clean on this stuff. Carolyn (and others who still have bad weather) you may want to skip the rest of this post. Spring has sprung. We had rain most of the week and yesterday things dried out and warmed up. Today—BANG!—everything seems to have sprung to life overnight. Bees are buzzing, butterflies fluttering, birds are chirping, the grass is bursting up, the sky is deep blue, the sun is blazing and its already in the mid-70s this morning. Given my aversion to warm weather running, I feel a bit like a vampire watching the sunrise; it’s beautiful but I can already feel what’s coming next. 8 untimed miles for me; sluggish in the wake of yesterday’s tempo run and feeling the warm weather but, like I said, beautiful out.

Be safe. Be kind.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

fly, fly away, butterfly princess. you've got the weather this year to make your coach proud no matter what. we are too. Fair 44° | 68° Pressure: 30.41 rising Winds: 8 mph Visibility: 10.0 mi Sunrise: 6:07 AM Sunset: 7:56 PM scenic, traffic free course featuring apple blossoms, snow-capped mountains, and the Columbia River. traffic-free course and home town atmosphere

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Run, Run Mariposai ! !Best wishes from the Florence bunch. I will be there in spirit with you.,and I know Econo will be too. I'm proud to know you, and hope to see you in June. Smile Woods Lady

Renee the dog

Hope Mariposai has a blast! Got 4 mi in with Renee first thing this morning. Had a post-run coffee with Bayside (I'm cracking up calling him that) on our upstairs porch and soaked up some early sun, while we discussed our plan of attack for this weekend. Well Phase 1 of the attack is done, and we were quite successful. Dug out 4 bushes here, and 4 perennials, and took the to the old house. Old house's flower beds are in disarray and overrun with weeds. We weeded and transplanted everything we dug up at the new house and found them all new homes at our old house. (got that?) Now, with lunch done, Phase 2 starts -- planting everything that just arrived here at the new house. It's so nice to have a blank canvas to work with, vs. integrating into existing gardens. OK, off to get more work done. I think I'll enjoy "Miller Time" tonight. I am scheduled to do some cross-training drills. Roll eyes Maybe several hours of gardening will suffice as a substitute.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Wow, I can't believe how few posts there are at almost noon. I guess everyone is either running a marathon today (mariposai) or is Boston bound (a whole bunch of our crew).. Best of luck to mariposai today and all the Boston runners on Monday. I'll be anxiously awaiting results and reports. hopeful, I'm sorry to hear about your father-in-law. My thoughts are with the whole family. On a lighter note, I'm wondering if I should get a pedicure since it helped you with your running doldrums. jlynne, that sounds like a tough job, covering a half marathon. It almost seems that you should pay for the privilege rather than get paid for it. Congratulations. stumpy, I'm glad to hear about you getting out for a run. wild, congrats to your daughter on her ACT. However, that's sure a bummer about all the snow. holly, it sounds like you had a great day with your husband and kids. sarge, nice run with your wife. Nice long runs for Tammy and hallar. Good job on the speedwork for dg. Another lovely morning, temp in the mid 40s and just a light wind. I got in 12 miles. It was a bit hard and, each mile, I wondered if I would do another but I was pleased with the results. It took me a little under 1:57 for a pace of 9:44 and I ran the second half over three minutes faster than the first half even though I kept telling myself to slow down a little. A good day and good runs for all. TomS
                  Tom, I thought you had the running blahs (a common ailment in Michigan's so-called Spring), but those 12 miles seem like a pretty perky pace. Keep up the good work. No running and just a bit of biking later today for me. I needed a day or two off. GO MARIPOSAI!!! (and all you other racers)

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

King of PhotoShop

Tim, I continue to think of your problem regarding finding the right woman and this morning when I was running it came to me, as many of my good ideas do. How about Holly? You two get along well, correspond with each other a lot and have running and fitness in common. And if it works out, you could move to Dayton and start the same business there. Just something to think about. 4.4 miles slow just to finish up my week with just over 40 miles, then a light stretch workout at the Y. When I got to my car I checked my phone and found I had a v.m. from Mariposai. This scared me to death as I didn't expect to hear from her so early. Worried something had gone wrong, I quickly played the message. She was just telling me to relax and not worry about her. What a woman! Spareribs
                    Slo

It's good to be home ! Enjoyed a nice quiet evening with my family last night and got to snuggle up with my DW for the first time this week......it's always good to be home. I sure don't miss my traveling days. Out for a very strong 14.67 miles. 8:12 avg pace. Hammered out the last 20 mins at a sub 8:00 pace. Leaving for my home town in a few hours. One of my neices is making her 1st Communion......Always a reason to celebrate. Go Mariposai !!!! Have a great week end everybody !
                      RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

I walked this morning with Veta and Ralph. It is a beautiful day here, just about 100 miles southeast of Tramps. GO NANCY! Thanks for the lovely photos Jon! Hello EconoMa Woods Lady! I love reading about your adventures. My mom is walking now, too, but not as fast as you. Happy First Communion Day to your niece, SloHand! A lovely day for it. Nono, I understood the coffee with Bayside (snicker) part but, the cross-planting between new and old homes... help. Selby and Rochester Runner, (deebee, Mary, dAAve, etc) I just want you to know, I love Michiganers. I had so much fun there this fall, and felt so comfortable with you folks. Well, I didn't get to meet Tom, but I am sure I would feel the same way. Good luck Boston Runners! Ribs.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Go Mariposa 38K in 3 hours exactly this morning with my buddy Liz. Those last 6k were kind of tough. No rain...we got lucky...weather was near perfect if a bit windy... Now for family activities, although the body will protest. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

6 nice miles for me. I felt especially sproinky today. Starting into my last taper week. Tim.....try this.....volunteer to coach a little league sport of any kind. Younger kids about grade 3-6. You'll meet tons of single moms. Hot ones. And of course you'll have their phone numbers/email address' for contact info.
                            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                            stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Just don't be like the coach of the "Green Death" team that made the news recently Evil grin And I think Holly's DH might have something to say about Ribs' matchmaking skills. Wink

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

#artbydmcbride

16 miles for me along the gorgeous shoreline. The wind we've had all week finally left us alone and the heat is on! Smile Go Marathoners! Big grin

Runners run