Brooksie Way HM RR (Read 233 times)

I'll take the easy way out and just post this one as a link:

Brooksie Way HM RR

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Slo

Thanks for the link Roch.

Nice running and a fun read.

Way to go, Doug.  You sure had a nice race, exceeding your expectations.  This had been a good year for you.

TomS

wildchild

Carolyn

Congrats on a good race!  That elevation profile did look scary till I checked the scale - like you said, some of us have driveways steeper than that!  Must be nice to have a race so close to home.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Nice job!!

denise

SteveP

That's the kewlest thing I've read all day Doug. Kinda makes me home sick. Thanks!

SteveP

Way to go Doug.

Last year your running was still struggling and you pushed through it all. Nice way to end the summer.

I still have not done this one. Maybe next year.

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

You did great Doug!   How neat to have a race go right by your house!!   Congratulations on yet another well run race - speedy!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                  It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Now that's the way to complete a comeback! Well done Doug.

Marathon Maniac #957

Excellent racing, Doug!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Excellent racing on the comeback trail.  But you did so well, you shouldn't give up yet--there's still a lot of the year left.  You might find something interesting

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Renee the dog

Well done!  I can understand your disappointment in where you thought you originally placed. Glad that was just an error! 

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

huskydon

Good job!

To someone who lives in the flat lands, the elevation profile still looked pretty impressive to me even after looking at the scale.

What a great comeback for you rochrunner and I am so happy for you! You should feel great about the placement as I know this is a very competitive race (or at least the write up about Brian Sell and this race describes it as such). You have come roaring back and snared that sub 2:00 time by a good margin. Well done!

.....and on a more challenging course.  Enjoy the results and keep coming back with strength.

Congrats!

Tramps

Nice job, Doug.  And, yes, 17/50 does feel better, doesn't it?

I had to laugh at that elevation profile, though.  Our local half has almost the exact same 300-foot gain late in the race....except it packs it into one mile instead of spreading it out over 5!

Be safe. Be kind.