Masters Running

Where is the Woods Lady? (Read 478 times)

Mariposai

Just wondering what we did to loose our MaEcono? I was thinking of youn oh lovely Woods Lady just the other day when my run took me in a woody area. I can't wait to go back to your neck of the woods to explore your great mountail roads. Keep running maEcono and keep us posted here, OK?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

woods goddess - maybe econo knows where this is but I don't know if she was running then.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Big grin I'm here, I'm here! Still poking around in the various groups, and Econo said to not be a pest. Tight lipped Still just learning how to use RA. I really like RA, because it keeps me feeling more involved. Also, I can ask questions if I like. Plus, I snoop on many of you almost every day. Hey, I am very proud, and have to brag, because I did my first 8K - longest distance every for me last Sat. You can see my account on my log. Econo had to "go look at cars" , so I was there with DD1, and DGS4. My pace wasn't my very best, but it was a longer distance. However, since then I have been just generally tired, and just pulling out of that. Two days ago, I did my C25K deal, and will do at least that very soon today, maybe take tomorrow off, and be back on the program on Sat. I will probably do the Eugene 5K the day before the Marathon, and want to at least make my PR. Will you be in Eugene? And let me know when you will be down here. Thanks for giving me the push to get out there today. Woods Lady tetsujin Hum, the photo is so small, I can't tell if it is Japan, England, or Washington DC. Econo use to just run for the heck of it ever since I remember. Don't know if she did any in Japan or China, though. I know the Japanese are famous for their blossom festivals. Hey, I can't get your log to come up. Any reason?

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks Woods goddesss, in particular, I've never been asked about my running log so maybe I'll transfer it from the Runners Running Diary I got in Japan do an RA one too sometime. Here's my most recent runs 2/7 - 5K (Imperial Palace, Tokyo: 9:00am - 9:30am) 2/7 - 5K (Green Lake, Seattle: 9:00am - 9:30am) (but actually 17 hours later) 2/14 - 4 miles (Alki Beach, Seattle) 3/15 - 3.75 miles (St. Pat's Dash, Seattle) 3/28 - 26.2 miles (Dizzy Daze Marathon, Green Lake, Seattle). As you can see, I don't like training that much so mostly do it in events. Hope to make up for too much tapering though with the Mt. Si 50K on 4/19. It'll put a whole new meaning to being slow. The cherry trees are at the UW quad. I hope Econo Goddess wasn't studying too hard for her Ph.D. to enjoy them. If so, get you guys up here this weekend!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

tetsugin Shocked 50K Holy Moley! Best of luck on that . I bet it is really fun to go such a long distance. What an adventure! How long will it take? Where is Mt. Si? Probably a dumb question - I should just look it up on Google. Yes, your log would be interesting. We could see how a person trains for such a massive project. Well, Econo took for ever to get the PHD, so maybe she spent her time running around that pretty square. She kept changing topics for her disertation. Do you teach there? Woods Lady
              Ohhh, Tetsujin, not only is it a picture of the quad, but of my building, Savery Hall, I believe! Big grin Woods Lady is right -- I took forEVER to get my Ph.D. The only reason I finished was that it would have been really embarrassing to spend all that time in grad school and not come out with a diploma of sorts. Embarrassed For the record, I had to get ready for my son's birthday party when Woods Lady was out smashing her distance PR in that 8K. Evil grin Ma Econo, could you allow access to your RA log? Find it on "Options" and look around for something that allows others to view your log, OK? That way I could check up on you periodically. Mariposai, I am SO excited about your upcoming Wenatchee marathon. You're going to smash your PR!
              evanflein

Big grin I'm here, I'm here! Still poking around in the various groups, and Econo said to not be a pest. Tight lipped
                Econo, did you really say that? Tsk Tsk Tsk! Big grin Post often, Woods Lady! We love to hear from you. And Tetsujin doesn't train. He just runs races. Many of us are still trying to figure out how he does it.
                  Econo, did you really say that? Tsk Tsk Tsk! Big grin
                  oh crud! I was hoping nobody saw that. Embarrassed Woods Lady will verify that I cautioned her against overposting like some newbies do. I want everybody to like Woods Lady!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

yay savery econo. lucky, lucky but, huh, there's a rule about overposting? Next thing ya know, there'll be a rule against overtraining. mamacono - I'd done a three-miler up to the top of Mt. Si about ten years ago (it's like econo's butte-to-butte in elevation) and, for all these years, couldn't believe there was a Mt. Si Ultra too, especially so early in the running year. Then, when i found out last year it's on the easy-going rails-to-trails grades along the floor of Snoqualmie Valley, i gave it a run/walk try. Dq'ed at 29 miles but hope to get to the 50K mark this time. However, believe me, since I'm just doing it for training for upcoming ultras this summer, my log to date, with only two runs in February and March each and tapering all of this month, is not very interesting. ps - I tried to teach there but they exiled me to an outlying campus so I went back to pretending to be a lawyer.

Marathon Maniac #957

Woods Lady will verify that I cautioned her against overposting like some newbies do.
                      Actually, I looked it up in the rule book and there are no rules against overposting here at RA.... Wink

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

when I lived in Seattle, I loved hiking Mt. Si. Mt. Si is even featured, briefly, in this month's Runners World. I think it's in that Rave Run feature? Beautiful area.

Tammy

Mariposai

maEcono, don't listen to your speedy dd (dear daughter)...post as many times as you want to...that is what we all do. I can't wait to hear about your new race PR. yeah, and that tetsujin fella never trains Roll eyes and still can run marathon and ultras...don't know how Sad watch out with the guy call Spareribs...he has a new heart Smile

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

when I lived in Seattle, I loved hiking Mt. Si. Mt. Si is even featured, briefly, in this month's Runners World. I think it's in that Rave Run feature? Beautiful area.
                            Wow - I was looking at that exact picture today at lunch, thinking how incredibly beautiful it was.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Hey, thanks everyone for being supportive. Poor Econo, how she suffers when MaEcono starts up!! Wink Well, Ok, I thought I had my log open for viewing, and want to do that, so will poke around again. I read everyone elses, and get all inspired, even though what I do is but a drop in the bucket. I like keeping track on the log. My goal right now is to get ready for the Eugene 5K that is the day before the Eugene Marathon. I'd like feed back. Hey, Econo, are you doing the Marathon after all? I thought it looked like it according to your training schedule. On the 5K I hope to meet or pass my PR. I might have a chance, because I did OK, but not marvelous on the 8K that I did recently, and also, I have been doing the C25K and then going what for me are long distances of what for me are intervals. Also feeling great. Hey, Econo, is there a party on the 3rd? Hint Hint. I could meet some of these great people. Woods lady
                                Hey, you did it! The log is viewable! Nice work, and your training is marvelous, certainly not a "drop in the bucket." I don't think I'll do the Eugene marathon (am planning on the half), but I have a habit of jumping into things at the last moment. I'll email you with the social details after they firm up.