Masters Running

Thursday, June 24 Daily runs and chatter (Read 574 times)

Short runs all around today eh?

Tammy, it gets light here at 4am during solstice.  I only discovered this when my DD was born in June and I would be up feeding her then at 4am.  Otherwise I would never have known!!  What a waste of sun and cool temperatures!

Off to the pool today with the kiddos.  They are not the ones (I swear) that swim with their noodles over to the lap lanes to annoy TomWhite.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

TammyinGP

4 a.m.!! no way!  wow, learn something new everyday. I'll just take your word for that though Enke. I don't need to actually see it to believe it.

holly, that would really tick me off too. running addiction vs. fattyfriedfood addiction? hmmm . . .

Tammy

Holly,  don't forget the cokes and the remote.  And I thought it was just me 

...holly//.........RUNNING ADDICTION??????

of Course we have it. That's the Whole Point.

actually,

I wanted to be a Sex Addict but Pickles said I couldn't.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

lamerunner

Greetings.   Holly, that would make me furious.  Grrr. Not sure the answer except to set a good example yourself, which you certainly do.  Maybe he will see the light someday??  Makes me mad just thinking about it. I guess every marriage has its issues.

Warm and muggy here, at least for NH. I ran 8 reasonably strong miles this morning, 70 and humid though. Managed to get out to the other branch of the Y for a lunch time swim, 1500 yards. Looks like we may get a thunderstorm at some point here.

In another episode of as the teenager turns, we lined up cheap wheels for DD; my brother in law was retirimg from his business and had a small pick  up truck which had been used by a salesperson and which he was willling to sell very cheap. . Two wheel drive, manual transmission etc.  Only takes one passenger.   After much fussing about how terrible it was to be seen driving a pickup  ( and she has no real summer job), she is now hot to trot to be driven up north to get the truck.  Apparently her friends are busy tomorrow....

Wannabe, good luck with your teenager and rest those legs!

Oh Holly, I'm so sorry.  I just read your post now.

I got a similar comment from my DH last year, "although I didn't want to say anything to you, I always thought your running was bordering on OBSESSIVE" - like it was a mental illness or close to it.

Like his collection of video games is not (over  500)

Like his collection of old radios is not

Like his collection of motorcycle magazines is not (too many to count)

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Oh no Holly!   I can totally relate as my running had also been a bone of contention in our marriage within the last year.   We did iron it out though and now when I don't get up to run he is wondering why not?    It is sad that he said that in front of the kids though - if he has a problem with it, it should be between you two only. 

TW Big grin !!   

I still wear my headlamp to start my run at 5 a.m. - but by 5:20 or so I turn it off and push it up to keep the curls out of my face.

Lamerunner - she is going to love that truck I bet!  

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #957

I wanted to be a Sex Addict but Pickles said I couldn't.

How is Pickles, btw?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

...everything's stable,,,,,, so she tireds easily, but is doing ok.

thanks

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

In another episode of as the teenager turns,

This just cracked me up today......

Holly, I talk to my clients all the time about developing positive addictions.  I think most of us are susceptable to some form of addiction, if you include gambling, food, obsessive collecting, etc.  The trick is to find a positive one.  That's my excuse......and I know some of my colleagues think less of me b/c I don't join them for lunch to hash over cases.  At any rate, it's a topic for discussion, but not like that and not in front of the kids!

........................................Get away and come watch soccer with me & Mari tomorow.  [The note is on the way, amiga!]

I got the memo and mangaged to translate it!  4 delightful "smell the flowers" (we have a beautiful rose garden at one spot along the bikepath, so I took advantage of their full blooms) miles for me in 80+ sunny degrees!

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles

By my calculations Vista plans on living well past 250 years old. 

You definitely have a point there, Craneium.    Since I always tell people that I am 85 (my Facebook page says so), I have a long life left.   I will need every year.

It is difficult to have one person in the house a "runner" (or any-thing-elser) while the partner is not "there".  I guess there are some benefits to living alone.  I usually win all arguments and do what I want to do when I want to do it in my house.  As has been said......everyone has their "areas of interest" and opinions on the actions of others.  My self discipline used to drive my poor wife crazy. when I was married.   She would put my Christmas present on the end table by my bed in October and tell me not to look in it......trying to entice me to peek.    She would booby trap the bag or box so that she could tell if I did look in.....which I never did.  Then she would get mad at ME because I didn't look.

Anyway, I hope things improve soon on the home front for you Holly.

Pickles is a smart lady.

Vista
                        dg.

...everything's stable, so she tireds easily, but is doing ok.

thanks

so glad to hear this... I"ve been wondering, but sometimes am hesitant to ask.

glad Amy got the memo!

Hello my name is Larry and I am a "running Addict"

Just tell him the spousal benifit of you being healthy and having a great bod was all for him.

I stayed with the 4 mile theme for the day. 37:15  I have been checking my pulse rate the last few days at different times because I suspect the meds I am on of my slow paces of late. Yesterday in the middle of the day my heart rate was 44  This morning 52 and at the end of my run 124. Those are all really low for me. I think I will check with the Doc and see if this is what he wants. My splits for my run   were  9:44, 9:08, 9:06 ans 9:10.  Thats slower than my marathon pace was. Granted I am coming back from injury but still..... Or am I just impatient?

Stay cool out there

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Dave59

I hope I can get back to review today's posts because it is one of favorite parts of my day but work is keeping me hopping.

3 easy miles for me this morning.

I've had World Cup on the background at times during the day.  I wonder how much training it takes to learn how to flop on the ground to easily?

I've had World Cup on the background at times during the day.  I wonder how much training it takes to learn how to flop on the ground to easily?

It's that head first slide thing they do after they score a goal that I like.  Maybe I'll do that the next time I cross the finish line at a marathon!

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong