Masters Running

Friday March 26 Running, Crazy Dreams, Etc. (Read 485 times)

Renee the dog

No run yet, but as I rolled over and went back to sleep during the big rain storm around 6 a.m., I was rewarded with a ski dream.  Thanks to all the RA Masters animals who went skiing with me!

Have a great day!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I've had about 2 hours sleep in the last 28 hours or so ......  5 males, 1 female healthy large puppies (2 were stillborn).  Sad    Now I have to break the news to two families with excited kids that she didn't have enough girls for them.  It breaks my heart to do that.   It is what it is and now I better go check on them all...... pictures of the little cows later.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Good morning Nono, Mary and all to follow. It's finally Friday

Hope your skiing conditions were good, Nono - but shouldn't you be dreaming about running your next marathon? I don't know how you run on a treadmill without shoes - you run so fast, don't you get "rug burns?"

Congratulations on the new additions Mary! I'm sorry that two of the puppies didn't survive. Please post some pictures ASAP. How is the new mother doing? And you should get some rest too!

Must be the morning to report weird dreams. Last night, I dreamed that my sister and I (she's 67) both had baby boys on the same day. I remember my DH saying he wasn't too happy about being a new father at age 65. I told him "hey, I didn't do this by myself." I'm either watching Will too often or maybe it was the big bowl of popcorn I ate before I went to bed last night.

Sarge - that was a great story yesterday. Talk about poetic justice!

Much needed rest day for me. Did 8 miles yesterday and my heel is really sore again this morning. We're having our first open house this Sunday so I've gotta clean this big sucker today. Will is coming over later while dad gets his training run in. Looks like it could be a stroller afternoon here - temps are supposed to get into the 50's.

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Mary - congrats on the new ones.  Happiness and sadness simultaneously.

This morning - lift, step, shake, spin.  The pool of sweat under my cycle would have embarrassed just about anyone else.  Me?  I've worn a pink tutu in front of thousands of people, so I don't embarrass too easily.

The stitches in my back get removed this afternoon.  I'm the doctor's last appointment before he goes on vacation in Florida.  Do you think he might remove the stitches quickly?

Now when should I do that really long run this weekend?

Morning all

Wild dreams Nono and JLynne---no dreams that I recall last night. The critters are scratching everywhere and I could hear something scritch-scratching most of the night in the bedroom wall closest to my side of the bed. I would doze and then the scratching would start again. bleh  Quit trying to sleep and headed out for a run at 5:15 am--light rain and intense wind---enough of that! I wish I had one of those mylar sheets from a marathon---I could have ballooned home! 6 miles with some at 7:27 pace. wind chill in the 20s.

Welcome to the puppies and sorry about the losses too Mary.

Enjoy the really long miles PBJ. I think we are in the same corral for that trot to Boston next month.

Tramps

Sarge--great story yesterday.

Happy to see Robin pop in on the Boston get-together thread!  Woo hoo!

Mary--welcome to the young'uns.

Jlynne--good luck with the open house.

CNY--nice one again this morning!

No weird dreams for me, but DW has been dreaming all week about her first sprint tri this weekend....bike is not at the transition area, etc.  Just a tad anxious, I think.  We're off later today for the weekend for that; should be fun being a cheerleader.

5.2 miles @ 8:20.  I worked in a couple of MP miles in the middle just to see if I could.  Besides, it was raining and I was getting chilly.

Be safe. Be kind.

Mary, good luck with the pups.

CNY, you are in great shape for the big event in a couple weeks.

Erika, I see that you still always get in the last word on the dailies. I know what you mean about wanting to get off the roads.

PBJ, stitches usually come out pretty easily. I guess I missed why you needed them.

Weird how our fears come out in dreams. When I dream about running, it usually involves not being able to find the starting line, or realizing that I'm wearing my dress shoes or something. The other night I was being delayed in a line at a rest stop while a guy in front of me was trying to pay for his drink with a credit card. Where'd that come from?

By the way, did anyone already mention the HM world record that was set last weekend. The time for the half was 58-something that worked out to a 4:27 pace! For 13.1 miles!

Ah yes, springtime in Michigan. A week ago today I was riding my bike in shorts and a long-sleeved jersey. Today it was in the low 20s, but at least full sunshine. There were even some ice crystals raining down from the trees that really looked like diamond flakes in the sunlight.

4.1 miles on the Clinton River Trail. I've been running with other people a lot lately, but it's also nice to run alone some of the time. It lets me catch up on my downloaded podcasts, and besides making conversation is always a bit of a struggle for me, especially if there's only two of us.

Have a good running day, everyone, and maybe some good running dreams tonight.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Marathon Maniac #957

Mary – exciting news!  Sad about the stillborns though.  Maybe the families will take a male instead? 

I had an annual physical and fasting bloodwork scheduled this morning.  What with a wrong number waking me up at midnight, the dogs waking me to go out at 2am, DH getting up to go to work early at 3am, I decided to forego my workout and sleep in till 5:45 instead. 

50 push-ups later (if the Tetanus, Diptheria, Pertussis vaccinated arm will allow) and three 30-second wall-sits.

Woke up today to a surprise 2 inches of snow and ice – road accidents galore.  It only takes a little warm weather for folks to forget how to drive in icy conditions.  It’s supposed to get down to 27° again tonight.  It figures, after a week or so of balmy conditions, it drops back into winter in time for my last big LR before Boston. 

Since tomorrow is supposed to warm up nicely, I thought I might try waiting to do my LR later, say from 10am-2pm, mimicking Boston timing.  Hard to decide how to dress, though, for a run that will start at 30°and and at 50°.  In a marathon I would have throwaway clothes that I would peel off and discard at hydration stations, but on a training run I am not willing to part with my expensive running duds.  Do I dare (gasp!) tie a shirt around my waist?  

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Renee the dog

Just got back from walking the dog. The mi 7 port-o-potty is in place for Sunday's marathon. Why does that give me such a thrill?   It's a block from my house...if I need to go at that point, I'm just going to my house.

I had 3 other dreams of note last night -- visited with my Dad (deceased), visited past ski spots with my husband, and visited this fantasy ski resort that I've dreamed of before.  What's with all the ski dreams?  Not sure, but when I ski, I'm fearless and fast.  So, maybe I'm just convincing myself of that mindset for Sunday.    As for my Dad, well, he regularly proved that nothing was impossible, so it was nice to hear his voice last night in my sleep.

Looking forward to Mary's pictures...

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Had a lovely 3.5 miles walk with Veta and Ralph this morning.  We were able to fit this in between rain bands.  I feel quite fortunate.

PBJ,  come and run the Ocean Drive Marathon with Ralph and Nono this weekend.  He decided a few days ago.  "I have to run a long run anyway, why not run it in New Jersey."  So he and Nono will be running 26.2.  I just signed up for the "companion" 10 miler.  I am such a loser.

I think it is neat that Aamos and Ralph (the rocket scientist or r.s.) are only around 15 numbers apart.  Does everyone line up in numerical order in the corrals?  (snicker)

Hopeful Mary,

Happy and sad about the puppies.  Is this how it usually goes?

I dreamed that Ralph bought a big red truck. One of those Dodge Ram sorts.  He was driving and I was a passenger.  And all I could think was, "How am I going to explain this?"

MTA:

Went back to read Sarge's story.  It's a good one!  Thanks for sharing it, Sarge.  (Why do I always think of Beetle Bailey when I read "Sarge"?  I don't think I will now that I read that story!)

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Does everyone line up in numerical order in the corrals?  (snicker)

Yup, just like Southwest Airlines. 

Loser?! no way....have a great weekend and see you in a few weeks

wildchild

Carolyn

Nono, you can come ski with me - we're supposed to get another foot of snow. Or maybe Bill wants to come?

Sarge, I loved your story yesterday.  Clearly karma was at work!

Mary, when I was petting my dogs this morning I was thinking about Hailey and wondering if it was puppy time.  Sad about the two who didn't make it and the kids who won't get their puppies.  But looking forward to pictures! 

Jeanne, congrats on waking up and finding out it was just a dream!  Good luck with the open house.  Are you downsizing? It would be nice to clean a smaller house.  Hope you'll still live near Baby Will?

Good luck to Mrs. Tramps this weekend!

Doug, a belated welcome back to you! 

Holly, go ahead and tie the shirt around your waist. It might bring Ribs back to visit.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mary - congrats on the 6 healthy pups but i too feel sad for the 2 stillborn and the families wanting them

Jlynne  -- wild dream sounds more like a nightmare to me ---egads!!  i think our oldest pregnant pt so far has been 53 -- 67 would push me way over the edge!!

holly - sounds like a good test run for tomorrow

bill - i sent you a message thru FB because i couldnt get it to send here and i wanted you to have my cell phone number - i'll be in Deerfield Beach from mon - thurs

when i woke up this morning and saw it snowing i just couldnt bear to run outside - granted by the time i finished my coffee and 1/2 bagel it was done but i already decided on speedwork on the treadmill so i went to the gym:

1 mile warmup

8 .25 intervals - 1st 2 at 8:34 pace 6 @ 8:20 pace - each followed by .25 recovery

1 mile at 9ish pace

.2 mile cooldown -- total 6.2 miles just under 62 minutes

then did some upper body machines - really need to get back t o some strength training - have been slacking again

abs and stretched

now time to shower and shop for an outfit for my party tom. night and a bathing suit for Florida (hope it's not too depressing a shopping trip!)

denise

Marathon Maniac #957

Weird how our fears come out in dreams. When I dream about running, it usually involves not being able to find the starting line, or realizing that I'm wearing my dress shoes or something. The other night I was being delayed in a line at a rest stop while a guy in front of me was trying to pay for his drink with a credit card. Where'd that come from?

Sarge - yes, I meant to comment on that - great story yesterday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Good afternoon, gang!

nono - thanks for the kickoff!

Mary - congratulations to you and the relieved mother.  Can hardly wait for the pictures, but get some sleep first, please.

Sarge - great story yesterday!

TomS - so kewl about your niece and her first 5K - and some very good advice as well. Also kewl about the running couple getting married.

{{{{{Derrick}}}}} - hope the blood is nothing.

Tramps - if you can tread water, you are doing better than my DH.  I made him participate in a weekend swim training (Total Immersion program) a few years ago.  He did manage to finally make it up and down the pool without drowning, but he hated every moment.

Perch - I don't have the benefit of a fan, but I'm sure it would be a vast improvement.  I used to use one when I ran on a treadmill.

Doug - when I dream about running, I'm usually running in slow motion no matter how hard I try - kind of like running in jello.

buehrle - good to see you posting again - missed you!

I'm late because I had to get my long run in this morning.  18 walk/run miles @ 11:52 and 134 AHR.   I probably shouldn't do a long run on a day I have to work.  I have unrelenting joint and muscle pain if I am forced to sit for a few hours after the run.  I guess I should try an Aleve to see if it helps.

I was glad to see the results of the recent study on middle-aged women and exercise.  The study found that older women have to do 60 minutes of moderate exercise daily to stave off weight gain. I've never bought into the notion that 30 minutes 5 days a week could possible control my weight. 

Good runs and a good weekend to all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous